ITALY: You Nguyen hired as Benetton's creative director
Italian fashion company Benetton Group has consolidated its management and creative structure with the appointment of You Nguyen as United Colors of Benetton’s new chief merchandising officer and creative director.
"I am very pleased to welcome Mr Nguyen," said Alessandro Benetton, executive deputy chairman of Benetton Group. "I believe his international experience will help us to write a new chapter in our story of innovation so we may continue to be prime movers in the economic and social geography of the upcoming decades – not least through a consistent integration of on-trend fashions and dependable quality and prices.
"We want Benetton to be an increasingly important part of the world we live in, which is why we devote body and soul to our job. We will do even better, that which we already do well."
Nguyen was most recently global senior vice-president of merchandising and design, for Levi’s Women in 2009.
Clothing company United Colors of Benetton saw net income fall over the first nine-months of the year, after being hurt by sales declines in Europe and rising input costs....
Fashion retailer Just Group is joining global brands including Levi Strauss, Gucci, Benetton and Esprit in putting a stop to selling sandblasted jeans....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack