ITALY: You Nguyen hired as Benetton's creative director
Italian fashion company Benetton Group has consolidated its management and creative structure with the appointment of You Nguyen as United Colors of Benetton’s new chief merchandising officer and creative director.
"I am very pleased to welcome Mr Nguyen," said Alessandro Benetton, executive deputy chairman of Benetton Group. "I believe his international experience will help us to write a new chapter in our story of innovation so we may continue to be prime movers in the economic and social geography of the upcoming decades – not least through a consistent integration of on-trend fashions and dependable quality and prices.
"We want Benetton to be an increasingly important part of the world we live in, which is why we devote body and soul to our job. We will do even better, that which we already do well."
Nguyen was most recently global senior vice-president of merchandising and design, for Levi’s Women in 2009.
Clothing company United Colors of Benetton saw net income fall over the first nine-months of the year, after being hurt by sales declines in Europe and rising input costs....
Fashion retailer Just Group is joining global brands including Levi Strauss, Gucci, Benetton and Esprit in putting a stop to selling sandblasted jeans....
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Lululemon confident of turning an important corner
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh falls deeper as US apparel imports grow
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie