FRANCE: Young line helps Lacoste to record FY sales
After three difficult years, sales at French fashion brand Lacoste attained record levels in 2011, reaching EUR1.6bn (US$2.1bn), an increase of 11% on the previous year.
CEO Christophe Chenut underlined that the performance was the best in Lacoste's history, surpassing the previous sales record of EUR1.56bn set in 2007.
One factor driving growth was the continued success of the "young, urban and trendy" Lacoste Live line launched in 2010. The number of Lacoste Live outlets totalled 40 at the end of 2011 and are expected to rise to 100 by the end of the current year.
Last year, clothing accounted for 60% of Lacoste's sales followed by footwear (17%). Its biggest market was the US, repesenting 15% of sales, ahead of France (9%) and Italy and China (both 6%).
Last month, Lacoste's worldwide licence holder, Devanlay unveiled plans to hire more than 200 production staff in France as part of the brand's relaunch.
After more than doubling its growth rates between 2008 and 2012, Brazil is the darling of Latin America's luxury apparel and goods market. Last year, the market for designer clothing and footwear grew...
Esquel Enterprises (Singapore) Pte, a subsidiary of Hong Kong based clothing giant Esquel Group, has begun construction on a US$25m apparel plant at the Luong Son industrial zone in the northern Vietn...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020