FRANCE: YSL confirms name change to Saint Laurent Paris
PPR-owned Yves St Laurent (YSL) has confirmed that its women's and men's fashion collections will adopt a new name from the beginning of next year - Saint Laurent Paris.
The name change is the initative of Hedi Slimane who was appointed YSL's artistic director in March this year, succeeding Stefano Pilati. The collections are currently labelled Yves St Laurent.
"The name change marks a return to YSL's roots in some ways as Yves St Laurent named his first off the peg collections in 1966 under the St Laurent Rive Gauche name, a spokesperson at YSL's Paris HQ told just-style today. "At the same time, it is perhaps a reflection of Mr Slimane's vision of the brand going
The spokesperson added that Pierre Bergé, who with the late Yves St Laurent, had co-founded YSL in 1961, supports the change.
The name of the French fashion house will remain Yves St Laurent.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
The Redcats mail order unit of French retail group PPR has sold its Sportsman's Guide and The Golf Warehouse, which sell clothing and accessories for outdoor activities, including hunting and golf to ...
French retail group PPR has acquired a EUR10m (US$13.1m) stake in Bigfoot I, the holding company that owns Russian online retailer Lamoda....
French apparel group PPR has entered into an agreement to sell its US plus size business OneStopPlusGroup to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital and Webster Capital as it works to focus on its lu...
PPR has confirmed today (3 November) that Alexander Wang will become creative director of its Balenciaga brand. ...
French luxury goods group PPR is in talks with private equity firm is reportedly in late-stage talks to sell Redcats' plus-size fashion business to private equity firm Charlesbank....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects