FRANCE: YSL confirms name change to Saint Laurent Paris
PPR-owned Yves St Laurent (YSL) has confirmed that its women's and men's fashion collections will adopt a new name from the beginning of next year - Saint Laurent Paris.
The name change is the initative of Hedi Slimane who was appointed YSL's artistic director in March this year, succeeding Stefano Pilati. The collections are currently labelled Yves St Laurent.
"The name change marks a return to YSL's roots in some ways as Yves St Laurent named his first off the peg collections in 1966 under the St Laurent Rive Gauche name, a spokesperson at YSL's Paris HQ told just-style today. "At the same time, it is perhaps a reflection of Mr Slimane's vision of the brand going
The spokesperson added that Pierre Bergé, who with the late Yves St Laurent, had co-founded YSL in 1961, supports the change.
The name of the French fashion house will remain Yves St Laurent.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
The Redcats mail order unit of French retail group PPR has sold its Sportsman's Guide and The Golf Warehouse, which sell clothing and accessories for outdoor activities, including hunting and golf to ...
French retail group PPR has acquired a EUR10m (US$13.1m) stake in Bigfoot I, the holding company that owns Russian online retailer Lamoda....
French apparel group PPR has entered into an agreement to sell its US plus size business OneStopPlusGroup to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital and Webster Capital as it works to focus on its lu...
PPR has confirmed today (3 November) that Alexander Wang will become creative director of its Balenciaga brand. ...
French luxury goods group PPR is in talks with private equity firm is reportedly in late-stage talks to sell Redcats' plus-size fashion business to private equity firm Charlesbank....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- Apparel software trends 2015: What else to watch?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide