HONG KONG: Yue Yuen Posts Unexpected Drop In FY Profits
Yue Yuen, one of the world's largest makers of athletic and casual footwear, has reported an unexpected 1.6 per cent drop in full-year net profit, saying margins were squeezed by a rise in raw-material prices.
Net profit for the year ended 30 September fell to $303.3 million from $308.2 million a year earlier, although sales rose to $2.72 billion from $2.51 billion.
Yue Yuen said surging crude oil and commodity prices put pressure on the cost of petrochemical derivatives, the key components in making the midsole and outsole of shoes.
Yue Yuen hopes to slash costs by shifting more production from China to Vietnam, where wage levels are lower.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
The world's biggest athletic and casual footwear maker, Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Ltd, reported a worse-than-predicted slump in first-half earnings after high raw material costs offset increased sa...
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
Sportswear company Reebok International Ltd has posted a higher quarterly profit, encouraged by the acquisition of The Hockey Company as well as a weak US dollar....
Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a $26.67 million deal with The University of Kansas to kit out all of its teams for the next eight years, signalling the end of a long-lasting agreement with Nike, w...
Major sports brand Reebok says it plans to open another 60 stores in the Indian market and push its revenue there up to INR3.75 billion....
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic apparel maker, has started selling shoes in Wal-Mart under its new Starter brand....
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022