France: Yves Saint Laurent Couture Consults on Reorganization
Yves Saint Laurent Couture S.A.S, a division of Gucci Group N.V., (NYSE and Amsterdam: GUC) announced today that it had met its works council and that of its subsidiary C. Mendes S.A to present a proposal for a reorganization plan concerning its women's ready to wear and accessories businesses.The meetings have been prompted by static sales both in France and internationally and a gradual reduction in the appeal and positioning of the Yves Saint Laurent brand throughout the world.The new management of Yves Saint Laurent Couture intends to re-launch Yves Saint Laurent as one of the world's leading luxury goods brands.The reorganization under discussion of women's ready to wear and accessories would encompass: - Repositioning the brand through redefining its image and significant investments in communications and a new store concept-The adoption of a new business model centered upon direct control of production and distribution- Concentration on the Rive Gauche line - The reorganization would also lead to the optimization of Yves Saint Laurent Couture and C. Mendes activities.Over the next few weeks Yves Saint Laurent Couture management and the works councils will evaluate the project, which seeks to secure a successful future for the Yves Saint Laurent brand.Founded in 1962, Yves Saint Laurent Couture is a world-renowned luxury goods company. It designs, produces and distributes women's and men's ready to wear clothing and fashion accessories both directly and under license. The company is a division of Gucci Group N.V. quoted on the New York and Amsterdam stock exchanges.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022