US: Zappos launches app for iPad
US online footwear retailer Zappos has announced the launch of its first Mobile shopping application for the popular iPad tablet computer.
The company said that within the first week of launching, the app was downloaded 10,000 times and became a top ten iPad app at the Apple iTunes store.
All purchases are from the app are routed through Zappos.com’s web servers.
"The goal of the Zappos Mobile App was to deliver a simple shopping experience on the coolest device on the street in eons," said Ian Klassen, Zappos mobile program manager. “The Zappos Mobile App does its darndest to deliver the same WOW service that Zappos.com is known for, in a fun, convenient and innovative way.”
The app's categories include shoes, clothing, beauty, bags & handbags, accessories, housewares, new products and gift cards.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective