SPAIN: Zara Owner Inditex Reveals Leap In Profits/Sales
Spanish fashion retail giant Inditex - owner of the famous Zara clothing chain and collections - today reported a 31 per cent leap in full-year net profits amid a surge in sales and major expansion drive.
The company posted a net profit of 340.4 million euros ($300.4m) in the 12 months to February, up from the 259.2 million euros in 2001.
Sales surged 24 per cent to 3.25 billion euros and same-store sales jumped nine per cent as consumers flocked to its new stores across Europe.
Inditex also announced it plans to invest up to 550 million euros in 250 new shops this year as it looks to build on its success and added sales of its new spring and summer collections were also strong.
The company currently operates around 1,300 stores, with Spain accounting for 46 per cent of its sales, the rest of Europe 31 per cent, The Americas 16 per cent, and the rest of the world seven per cent.
Companies: Inditex SA
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Retail chain operator Inditex says that same-store sales for the second quarter ended 31 July are 'going well', AFX News reported....
Maria Castellano, deputy chairman of Spanish retail group Inditex SA, says the company plans to operate a total of 109 stores throughout Asia compared to the current 16 by 2009, the Expansion newspape...
Spanish fashion group Industria de Diseno Textil SA (Inditex) is planning to launch its Zara chain on to Norwegian market in 2006, according to the business's Scandinavian manager Jesper Carvalho Ande...
Spanish retailer Inditex has reported a 19 per cent hike in first-quarter net sales after the group increased its selling areas and its same-store sales....
Leading luxury department store chain Selfridges has banned all fur goods from its shops....
Fashion group Industria de Diseno Textil SA (Inditex) has named Pablo Isla as its new chief executive officer....
Spain's Hinojosa and Garcia Quiroz families, the founding entrepreneurs behind Spanish retail giant Cortefiel, have agreed to sell their 52 per cent stake to CVC European Equity Partners, the UK-based...
Spanish fashion giant Inditex has opened its first store in Costa Rica under the Zara name....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar