US: Zee, Rhoads promoted at Smart Shirts
Kellwood has promoted Jesse Zee to chairman and Gerald Rhoads to managing director of its Smart Shirts subsidiary in Hong Kong, effective 1 April.
Concurrently, Michael Gilson has been appointed senior vice president of finance at Smart.
As managing director of the unit, Rhoads succeeds Zee. Smart Shirts now will report to W Lee Capps III, chief operating and financial officer of Kellwood. It had previously reported directly to Robert Skinner, chairman, president and chief executive officer of the St Louis, Missouri-based apparel company.
Zee has been with Smart Shirts since 1995, most recently as managing director, and previously spent 10 years as managing director of Esquel Enterprises.
Rhoads has been with Kellwood for more than 30 years and served in various finance, administration and operations roles before joining Smart in 1995 as vice president of finance and administration. His most recent post was deputy managing director.
Gilson joined Kellwood last July as director of special projects after serving as senior VP and CFO of the May Department Stores International division of May Department Stores, which was acquired by Federated Department Stores.
"The senior management team at Smart Shirts has led us to excellent levels of sales and earnings, and has further enhanced the division's premier reputation in the marketplace," said Skinner in a statement. "These changes recognise Jesse's and Gerry's outstanding leadership over the past 12 years and allow us to transition successfully to the next generation of management."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Harry Debes' first year as CEO of Lawson Software was dominated by the company's merger with Intentia International, in early 2006. Now, 15 months after the deal's completion, he tells just-style how ...
Apparel maker Kellwood Company is extending the O Oscar brand to men's wear with the launch of a better men's dress shirt collection....
Apparel maker Kellwood Inc has named Wendy Chivian as president of its Calvin Klein women's sportswear division....
Apparel firm Kellwood Company has received an unsolicited takeover bid from investment firm Sun Capital which wants to buy all Kellwood's outstanding shares at a price of US$21 per share....
Apparel maker Kellwood Company late yesterday (6 September) said it swung to a second quarter loss blaming one-time charges and higher markdowns, lowered its full year guidance, and revealed plans to ...
Kimora Lee Simmons, president and creative director of the Baby Phat women's wear brand, has been promoted to the new post of creative director for Phat Fashions in addition to her current responsibil...
Russell Simmons, CEO of Kellwood Company's Phat Fashions sportswear subsidiary, has stepped down to "build other businesses"....
Men's apparel retailer The Men's Wearhouse has posted a 52% jump in second quarter profit, helped by stronger retail apparel sales at its Men's Wearhouse stores and higher tuxedo rentals from its newl...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar