Zeekit launches virtual fitting room app
Using the Zeekit app, consumers can “try on” fashions before buying online or trying on instore
A virtual fitting room for consumers and retailers that lets shoppers virtually "try on" fashions before buying online or trying on instore, has launched at New York Fashion Week through a partnership with US brand Rebecca Minkoff.
Zeekit, which has raised US$9m in a Series A round, is a B2C platform and mobile app that reinvents the way consumers browse, share and shop from their mobile devices, according to the company.
Using the Zeekit app, consumers can "try on" fashions before buying online or trying on instore. After uploading a full-body picture, a shopper taps a product they see online, in print or instore and is able to see how it looks and fits on their actual body. The item can then be mixed and matched with fashions from different retailers in their virtual closet, shared with friends or purchased through a link in the app.
According to Zeekit, retailers and brands can easily incorporate the Zeekit button in their online, mobile and physical stores to give shoppers the ability to try on their entire catalogue of products, virtually.
"We're creating a new shopping experience by making both online and in-store shopping fun, social, simple and risk-free," says Yael Vizel, Zeekit chief executive officer and co-founder. "Our first-to-market technology is unlike any other visualisation technology that exists in the market."
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack