CHINA: Zhejiang Posts 15.2 Per Cent Rise In Silk Output
China's eastern Zhejiang Province has posted a 15.2 per cent increase in silk output value in the first quarter of this year, with the production of grey filature silk, chappe silk, dyed sateen and silk garments maintaining an upward trend. The Zhejiang Provincial Silk United Corporation said that total silk output in the province was 2.574bn yuan ($311.24m) in the first quarter, up 15.2 per cent, and the sales rate was 93.95 per cent, down 2.43 per cent. The silk output of the province was 8,033 tons, rising 21 per cent year-on-year, and the output of silk products was 606.83 million metres, up 25.20 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020