ITALY: Zignago Ditches Marzotto Bid After Protests
Italian holding company Industrie Zignago Santa Margherita SpA on Wednesday withdrew its takeover bid for clothing group Marzotto - owner of leading fashion labels Valentino and Hugo Boss. Both Zignago and Marzotto are controlled by the same family but following strong opposition from smaller shareholders who claimed Zignago's offer was far too high, the proposed $408 million deal fell apart.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again