CHINA: Zipper Output To Grow 20% Annually - CNHA
China's production of zippers is predicted to increase 20 per cent annually due to growing demand for bags, shoes, and sports merchandise, according to the China National Hardware Association (CNHA).
Data from CNHA showed zipper sales value in China totalling CNY25 billion last year, a figure contributing to nearly 50 per cent of the world's total.
Around 80 per cent of zippers made in China, the biggest producer of the items, are shipped abroad.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022