USA: Zipper, TrimNet Programmes Boost Tag-It Sales
Fashion trim supplier Tag-It Pacific Inc today posted a 3.3 per cent increase in third-quarter net sales, boosted by Talon zipper sales in Asia.
Sales were $17.0 million, up from $16.5m in the same period last year, and also benefited from from strong TrimNet programs for major US retailers in the company's Hong Kong and Mexico facilities.
Cost of goods sold for the third quarter of 2004 was $12.7m, compared to $12.2m in the year-ago period.
Gross profit for the quarter was $4.3m - slightly ahead of the $4.2m reported in the year ago period. Gross margins were 25.6 per cent versus 25.7 per cent for the third quarter of 2003.
Colin Dyne, chief executive officer of Tag-It Pacific said the company has "successfully replaced more than all revenues lost from our former significant customers in Mexico and today we are a stronger company with a more diversified customer base compared to one year ago."
Companies: Talon International Inc
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Combining some manufacturing operations by mixing different technologies in one multi-functional piece of equipment could change the way we currently look at garment production. Here Prabir Jana discu...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
Despite some lacklustre revenues in the recent past, the luxury market is finally booming again. A new report from just-style says the sector is likely to be worth around US$100 billion by 2010 - driv...
Trim item distributor Tag-It Pacific has announced that it has made inducement grants of 135,135 shares and options to purchase 1,035,135 shares to Stephen Forte, its new chief executive officer. ...
IBM Japan Ltd has developed a clothing inventory management system using ceramic smart tags....
Apparel trim company Tag-It Pacific has secured a co-licensing deal and strategic alliance for its Talon zip division with European zip brand Eclair Prym....
Apparel trim company Tag-It Pacific has suffered a 46.8 per cent slump in second-quarter sales, on reduced demand for trim on the Mexican market....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack