Zoe Moda sees efficiency gains with shopfloor control tool
Full package Colombian apparel manufacturer Zoe Moda has seen a 20% increase in overall efficiency at its at its facility in Medellin in just one month after adopting a new shopfloor control solution.
Zoe Moda (Comercializadora Zoe) is the first apparel company in Colombia to implement Methods Workshop's Shopfloor Eye real-time shop floor control (SFC) software, which leverages an Android app running on wireless tablets and cloud technologies.
"We work constantly to be the most organised and efficient company possible," explains Zoe co-owner Sebastian Lopez.
He says it took about ten days to install and train everyone on the new system. "The tablets are very easy to learn and operate as they provide motivational feedback to both our operators and managers.
"We are very pleased to say that we can now easily measure individual and team efficiency, while better controlling production, quality, downtime and all of our operations."
Workers and managers at Zoe Moda – which makes women's blouses, dresses and tops, as well as men's shirts and T-shirts – use standard Android tablets to scan QR codes attached to bundles of garments as they progress through the production process. The system wirelessly captures and reports on the location of each order and calculates the productivity and efficiency of individuals and teams.
Zoe sewing operators get real-time (immediately as activities occur) feedback on their performance, while supervisors and management gain visibility into production line balance, quality issues, off-standard events and more.
The software was provided by Methods Workshop through a marketing alliance with OEM developer Shopfloor Support LLC.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack