US: Zumiez profit jumps 59% on strong sales
Action sports good retailer Zumiez said good sales pushed up fourth-quarter profit by 59%.
Zumiez, which sells online and in malls, reported quarterly income of US$6.8m compared with $4.2m last year.
Revenue grew 42.3% during the quarter to $74.4m from $53m a year ago. Same-store sales were up 20.7% compared to a 12.5% increase last year.
Full-year net income was $12.9m compared to $7.3m a year ago. Net sales were up 33.9% to $205.6m compared to $153.6m. Same-store sales grew 14.2% compared to growth of 9.6%.
President and chief executive Rick Brooks said: "Our results for the fourth quarter and full year demonstrate the continued strength of our store model.
"We were pleased to open 35 new stores in 2005 and feel very good about our expansion plans for 2006 and beyond."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' February sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' January sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Lifestyle retailer Zumiez said it aims to open 42 stores in 2006 as part of a long-term expansion strategy that could eventually lead to a chain of more than 800 stores....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' December sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022