CANADA: Zumiez pulls out of West 49 bid
US sporting goods firm Zumiez has pulled out of the race to buy Canadian action sport retailer West 49 Inc after saying the two companies failed to agree on the terms of the due diligence process.
The decision not to pursue the bid comes less than a week after Zumiez bettered a CAD99.0m (US$93.5m) offer tabled by Billabong International.
Zumiez had offered to pay "in excess" of the CAD1.30 per share agreed with Billabong on 30 June.
The move now paves the way for Billabong to proceed with its offer for West 49, which operates 138 stores and is already one of Billabong's retail partners in Canada.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar