US: Zumiez Q3 net income rises 14.8%
- Q3 net income rose 14.8% to $14.1m
- Sales increased 13.3% to $154m
- Comparable store sales were up 6%
US action sportswear retailer Zumiez has seen its third-quarter profit rise thanks to higher sales during the period.
Zumiez said yesterday (1 December) that net income rose 14.8% to $14.1m in the three months to 29 October. Sales increased 13.3% to $154m, with comparable store sales up 6%.
For the nine-month period, net income more than doubled to $18.6m from $9.2m. Sales increased 15.3% to $372m, while comparable store sales rose 8.3%.
"Our merchandise, new store opening, and e-commerce strategies once again allowed us to deliver on our goal of consistent sales and earnings growth," said CEO Rick Brooks.
"During the third quarter we continued to execute on key initiatives aimed at driving productivity, expanding our geographic footprint, and bringing our unique in-store experience to the internet. We are pleased with the current pace of growth for our business and believe our product assortment has us well positioned for the remainder of the holiday selling period."
After the warmer weather and early Easter helped US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales in March, it was perhaps not surprising there would be a slowdown in April....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' April 2012 sales results....
A winning combination of warmer weather, an earlier Easter, new spring fashions and an improving economy helped a number of US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales for March, according to data...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' March 2012 sales results....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects