US: Zumiez Q3 net income rises 14.8%
- Q3 net income rose 14.8% to $14.1m
- Sales increased 13.3% to $154m
- Comparable store sales were up 6%
US action sportswear retailer Zumiez has seen its third-quarter profit rise thanks to higher sales during the period.
Zumiez said yesterday (1 December) that net income rose 14.8% to $14.1m in the three months to 29 October. Sales increased 13.3% to $154m, with comparable store sales up 6%.
For the nine-month period, net income more than doubled to $18.6m from $9.2m. Sales increased 15.3% to $372m, while comparable store sales rose 8.3%.
"Our merchandise, new store opening, and e-commerce strategies once again allowed us to deliver on our goal of consistent sales and earnings growth," said CEO Rick Brooks.
"During the third quarter we continued to execute on key initiatives aimed at driving productivity, expanding our geographic footprint, and bringing our unique in-store experience to the internet. We are pleased with the current pace of growth for our business and believe our product assortment has us well positioned for the remainder of the holiday selling period."
After the warmer weather and early Easter helped US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales in March, it was perhaps not surprising there would be a slowdown in April....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' April 2012 sales results....
A winning combination of warmer weather, an earlier Easter, new spring fashions and an improving economy helped a number of US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales for March, according to data...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' March 2012 sales results....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis