US: Zumiez Q3 profit slips on one-off costs
- Q3 profit slides 10% to $12.7m
- Sales increased 16.9% to $180m
- Q4 net income per diluted share to be $0.59-$0.62
US sportswear retailer Zumiez has seen its third-quarter net profit slip on the back of a series of one-off costs.
Net income was down 9.9% to US$12.7m for the 13 weeks to 27 October, compared to $14.1m the year before.
One-off costs incurred during the quarter include $4m relating to the Blue Tomato acquisition and $500,000 worth of exit costs linked to the relocation of its corporate offices to Lynnwood, Washington.
Sales increased 16.9% to $180m from $154m the same period last year. Comparable store sales climbed 3.7% on top of a rise of 6% the prior year.
CEO Rick Brooks said: "Our third quarter operating results reflect softer than expected sales trends in Europe and modest comparable store sales for the post back to school period. Comp trends remained challenging in November, particularly early in the month in part due to Hurricane Sandy, however we are encouraged by the more recent sales results, with positive comps over the Black Friday weekend.
"We believe the combination of our merchandise assortments and enhanced omni-channel capabilities, along with best in class customer service, have us well positioned to execute through the holiday season."
The company expects fourth-quarter net income per diluted share to range from $0.59 to $0.62, while net sales are forecast to be between $218m and $221m.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2013 sales results. It is worth noting that from this month, a number of retailers are no longer reporting their sales res...
US sportswear retailer Zumiez saw first-quarter net income almost halve on the back of costs relating to its acquisition of sports retailer Blue Tomato. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change