US: Zumiez reveals flat Q1 earnings
- Q1 earnings flat at US$2.5m
- Sales increase 9.7%
One-off charges resulted in flat earnings for action sportswear and footwear retailer Zumiez in the first quarter.
Net income totalled US$2.5m, unmoved from the prior year quarter. The 2014 results included costs of around $0.6m for charges associated with the company's acquisition of Blue Tomato.
Total net sales for the quarter ended 3 May increased 9.7% to $162.9m from $148.5 million a year earlier. Comparable sales were up 1.8%.
Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe noted: "We believe Zumiez is a well-run business with a corporate culture that is engaging for the consumer and effective in generating earnings growth. However, at the current stock price, we believe much of the good news is in the stock, therefore the reward potential is limited and risk, given the fashion content, remains significant."
Zumiez's share price closed up 1.9% at $27.22 yesterday.
Canadean's "Zumiez, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and services...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- JC Penney to close 10 Foundry stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead