US: Zumiez reveals flat Q1 earnings
- Q1 earnings flat at US$2.5m
- Sales increase 9.7%
One-off charges resulted in flat earnings for action sportswear and footwear retailer Zumiez in the first quarter.
Net income totalled US$2.5m, unmoved from the prior year quarter. The 2014 results included costs of around $0.6m for charges associated with the company's acquisition of Blue Tomato.
Total net sales for the quarter ended 3 May increased 9.7% to $162.9m from $148.5 million a year earlier. Comparable sales were up 1.8%.
Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe noted: "We believe Zumiez is a well-run business with a corporate culture that is engaging for the consumer and effective in generating earnings growth. However, at the current stock price, we believe much of the good news is in the stock, therefore the reward potential is limited and risk, given the fashion content, remains significant."
Zumiez's share price closed up 1.9% at $27.22 yesterday.
Canadean's "Zumiez, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and services...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration