US: Zumiez reveals flat Q1 earnings
- Q1 earnings flat at US$2.5m
- Sales increase 9.7%
One-off charges resulted in flat earnings for action sportswear and footwear retailer Zumiez in the first quarter.
Net income totalled US$2.5m, unmoved from the prior year quarter. The 2014 results included costs of around $0.6m for charges associated with the company's acquisition of Blue Tomato.
Total net sales for the quarter ended 3 May increased 9.7% to $162.9m from $148.5 million a year earlier. Comparable sales were up 1.8%.
Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe noted: "We believe Zumiez is a well-run business with a corporate culture that is engaging for the consumer and effective in generating earnings growth. However, at the current stock price, we believe much of the good news is in the stock, therefore the reward potential is limited and risk, given the fashion content, remains significant."
Zumiez's share price closed up 1.9% at $27.22 yesterday.
Canadean's "Zumiez, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and services...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020