US: Zumiez reveals flat Q1 earnings
- Q1 earnings flat at US$2.5m
- Sales increase 9.7%
One-off charges resulted in flat earnings for action sportswear and footwear retailer Zumiez in the first quarter.
Net income totalled US$2.5m, unmoved from the prior year quarter. The 2014 results included costs of around $0.6m for charges associated with the company's acquisition of Blue Tomato.
Total net sales for the quarter ended 3 May increased 9.7% to $162.9m from $148.5 million a year earlier. Comparable sales were up 1.8%.
Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe noted: "We believe Zumiez is a well-run business with a corporate culture that is engaging for the consumer and effective in generating earnings growth. However, at the current stock price, we believe much of the good news is in the stock, therefore the reward potential is limited and risk, given the fashion content, remains significant."
Zumiez's share price closed up 1.9% at $27.22 yesterday.
Canadean's "Zumiez, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and services...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015