US: Zumiez reveals flat Q1 earnings
- Q1 earnings flat at US$2.5m
- Sales increase 9.7%
One-off charges resulted in flat earnings for action sportswear and footwear retailer Zumiez in the first quarter.
Net income totalled US$2.5m, unmoved from the prior year quarter. The 2014 results included costs of around $0.6m for charges associated with the company's acquisition of Blue Tomato.
Total net sales for the quarter ended 3 May increased 9.7% to $162.9m from $148.5 million a year earlier. Comparable sales were up 1.8%.
Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe noted: "We believe Zumiez is a well-run business with a corporate culture that is engaging for the consumer and effective in generating earnings growth. However, at the current stock price, we believe much of the good news is in the stock, therefore the reward potential is limited and risk, given the fashion content, remains significant."
Zumiez's share price closed up 1.9% at $27.22 yesterday.
Canadean's "Zumiez, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and services...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019