The apparel and textile business blog from Petah Marian
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Petah Marian.
So long, farewell 27 Sep 13
A slight change in direction means that today will be my last day with just-style...
M&S launches all-star ad campaign 19 Aug 13
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has put its weight behind its women's wear relaunch with a high-profile ad campaign starring some of "Britain's leading ladies"...
Tomorrow (25 July) is set to be a big day for Marks and Spencer as its eagerly-anticipated clothing collection begins to hit stores...
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has taken a great step forward after the 70 brands and retailers involved agreed to inspect all of their supplier factories over the next nine months...
Last week, the US government took a stand against what it deemed as a lack of progress in improving safety in the Bangladesh apparel sector, and suspended the country's trade privileges...
H&M posts weaker results on poor weather 24 Jun 13
H&M Hennes & Mauritz has signalled its intention to continue sourcing in Bangladesh despite the recent apparel factory disasters...
Closed loop continues to gain traction 14 Jun 13
Much seems to have changed in the four months since I last looked at closed loop...
Last night, I had the pleasure of attending the first ever fashion show to be held in the Houses of Parliament...
International pressure on Bangladesh intensified last week, with the UK and US governments calling on the apparel industry to improve the safety of their supply chains in the country...
JC Penney has released a series of ad begging for consumers to give it a second chance, following the departure of former CEO Ron Johnson after his ambitious plan to transform the business failed...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective