PI Apparel New York to probe PLM, 3D and wearable tech
9 June 2016 | News | Source: Leonie Barrie
Executives from Walmart, American Eagle Outfitters, Under Armour, Target, Otto, Eileen Fisher, Adidas Group, VF Corporation and Donna Karan are among those sharing their insights on the tools and technologies disrupting fashion and footwear supply chains at an event in New York later this month.
For the second year running PI Apparel (Product Innovation Apparel) will be heading to Manhattan for a two-day gathering to discuss the latest in PLM, supply chain and digitalisation, innovation and 3D technology for fashion, apparel and footwear industries.
A combination of user case studies and panel discussions will cover topics including boosting supply chain efficiencies, optimising PLM, pre-production development, 3D product development, wearable technologies, motivating vendors and strengthening external partnerships.
Some of the sessions lined up include:
- Motivating and inspiring a winning innovation culture
- What could technology really be doing for you and your company?
- Supporting company transition through IT – language, communication, personalities and partnerships
- Ready, Set, Go - the evaluation, piloting and selection of a 3D technology platform
- Integration of 3D design into PLM
- 3D product development – a look behind the scenes
- Understanding the dramatic impacts of colour lifecycle management from initial colour selection right through to final sale
- Extending PLM capability beyond design – boosting internal and external integration
- Going to the Source: supplier relationship (micro-) management
There will also be keynotes on 'Why does 3D need to be at the centre of process innovation?', 'Collaboratively redesigning the fashion industry supply chain for the 21st century,' and 'Revolutionising the clothing you wear by making it smarter, more comfortable and more efficient'.
Pre-arranged one-to-one networking meetings are also a key part of the event, with dedicated networking sessions across the two days.
PI Apparel will take place at The Union League Club, on the corner of 37th Street and Park Avenue in central Manhattan, on 27-28 June. As a PI Apparel media partner, just-style can offer a preferential booking rate: click here for more information.