US: ecVision Hosts Retail Industry Event in Hong Kong
12 December 2013 | News | Source: just-style
On February 18, 2014, ecVision will be facilitating an industry-wide event at the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong for apparel, footwear and other soft line brands, retailers, manufacturers and major suppliers. This event, SourceTrends 2014: Tackling Compliance and Sustainability, the first of what will become an annual program in Asia, is co-sponsored by many of the industry's leading service providers and non-profit associations.
A full-day agenda is planned with five panel discussions that address supply chain product safety, supplier facility compliance and sustainability. Each panel will be comprised of speakers from retail or brand organizations, product testing or audit/inspection companies, along with leaders from international trade associations from the textiles, apparel and footwear industry.
The topic areas on the agenda include the following in 45-minute sessions with Q & A time for each so you can interact with the speakers:
- The Current State of US CPSIA & REACH
- China's Changing Regulations
- Compliance in the Wake of Tragedy
- Greening the Supply Chain
- Conflict Minerals Management & CA Green Chemical Regulations
- Colin Browne, AmCham Committee Chair and VP & Managing Director of Asia Sourcing, VF Asia
- Tex Moseri, Senior Manager, Material Sourcing & Global RSL, New Balance Athletic Shoes (HK) Ltd.
- Pat Nie Woo, Chairman, Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium
- Professor Yeung Kwok Wing, Executive Director, Clothing Industry Training Authority
- Kitty Man, Senior Product Safety Manager, VF Corp
- and others.
The event is open to any retailer, brand, manufacturer or supplier working in the apparel and footwear space for a cost of $1000/HKD and lunch will be provided.
A group of industry not-for-profit and trade associations, like American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), American Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong), United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA), Clothing Industry Training Authority (CITA), Footwear Distributors and Retailers Association (FDRA), and Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium (SFBC) have partnered with ecVision to promote this event to its members. Speakers from these associations will participate as subject matter experts on the panels. Sponsoring companies will also have tabletop exhibits so attendees can meet and discuss more about the topics with each group. These include WRAP, Asia Inspection, Oeko-Tex, and TUV SUD.
ecVision is offering limited discounts and free passes to its customers and its close connections in the industry. Contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a discount code.