US: ecVision improves Sourcing Module in XpressCommerce 9.1
8 July 2009 | News | Source: ecVision
ecVision, a sourcing and supply chain management software provider, today announced the general availability of an enhanced version of XpressCommerce(R). The enhancements in XpressCommerce version 9.1 include greater functionality in the Source module, primarily used by sourcing teams, buyers, technical designers, suppliers, overseas buying offices and agents.
XpressCommerce is a modular, configurable, web-based solution for private label owners and manufacturers to facilitate better relationships with trading partners through standardized documents and process flow from product development to receipt. The functionality in the Source module includes:
- Online costing requests to collaboratively manage costing between sourcing and suppliers
- Multi-level template functionality to define costing data elements
- Visibility and history into detailed component costs
- Configurable estimated landed cost (ELC) calculation tool
- Side-by-side cost comparison capabilities to evaluate quotes across multiple costing scenarios or suppliers
- Ability to track changes on costing negotiations
- Automated SKU-level sample request and sample management tools
- Supports sampling for design, material, finished goods, and sales samples
"The functionality in this release provides the tools for retailers to improve the collaboration and visibility across the disparate supplier base during the important phase of product costing and sampling," said Cheryl Layne, VP of Products and Solutions for ecVision. "Armed with the information that aids in making important seasonal production line and supplier selection decisions, brand owners can expect to increase margins through lower production and shipment costs."
Apparel, footwear, and soft goods retailers sourcing private label product globally have found that the extensive coordination calls for software technology that enables strong supplier collaboration. Functionality to handle product development, costing tasks and sample management tasks needs to integrate with tools that provide global calendar management and exception-based reporting to efficiently control the supply network. Spanning both PLM and supply chain execution tasks in a single product, XpressCommerce helps minimize risk, lower supply chain costs, improve speed to market and profitability.
Read about ecVision in the PLM directory