Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Africa
There are growing opportunities in the US for African clothing and textile producers, but a long-term preferential trade agreement is needed...
Mauritius (officially the Republic of Mauritius), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000km off the southeast coast of the Afric...
Textile and apparel has grown to become one of the main pillars of Mauritius' economy in the last decade. Trade deals in place with Europe a...
Strategically located along the trading route between Asia and Africa, Mauritius is fast emerging as a major sourcing hub for textile and ap...
Jean-François Limantour, president of the Cercle Euro-méditerranéen des Dirigeants Textile-Habillement (CEDITH), talks to just-style about how the North African/Tunisian textile and apparel export industry is faring after the Arab Spring uprisings of two years ago.
South African restrictions on imports of Chinese textiles and clothing have not come to the rescue of the country’s ailing textile sector as effectively as had been hoped. Brian Brink, executive director of South African industry group Textile Federation (Texfed), tells just-style why firms continues to struggle.
The Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers' Union (SACTWU) says it has settled a wage dispute in the wool and mohair textiles sub-sector.
A new agreement between the Rwandan government and China's C&H Garments will create a new garment manufacturing sector for the country.
A dispute over wages and transport, involving around 120 workers at the Nakara Tannery in Windhoek, has been settled.
The Mozambican Government Institute of Cotton (IAM) has signed an agreement with non-profit group the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), making it the first government organisation to adopt the standard.
President Obama has reinstated Madagascar's eligibility for African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) benefits but has withdrawn Swaziland's eligibility.
The Ivory Coast's Ministry of Agriculture has launched a project to support and help develop the country's cotton sector.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies