Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Africa
Japanese international trading house Marubeni Corp has teamed up with US based clothing and textile management consultants Werner Internatio...
The Mauritian textile and apparel industry has established a solid reputation over the years as a manufacturer of high-tech, high-end clothi...
Africa has undeniable advantages that make it attractive as a potential destination for large volume, low cost, commodity garments, accordin...
Ethiopia's ambition to become a global apparel and textile powerhouse has been well-documented over the past decade, despite its slow steps...
Jean-François Limantour, president of the Cercle Euro-méditerranéen des Dirigeants Textile-Habillement (CEDITH), talks to just-style about how the North African/Tunisian textile and apparel export industry is faring after the Arab Spring uprisings of two years ago.
South African restrictions on imports of Chinese textiles and clothing have not come to the rescue of the country’s ailing textile sector as effectively as had been hoped. Brian Brink, executive director of South African industry group Textile Federation (Texfed), tells just-style why firms continues to struggle.
A number of new initiatives, including access of up to US$1m (KES1m) in financing, are underway to help Kenyan designers and small-scale manufacturers tap into the opportunities offered by global apparel value chains.
The annual Origin Africa textile and clothing sourcing show is this year set to take place in Madagascar in November.
The European Union and six countries of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have finally signed an Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) today (10 June) after more than a decade of talks – in a move that gives Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and Swaziland duty-free access to the EU.
The Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative has approved funding for a health outpost in rural Tanzania as the first project in its new Community Cooperation Program (CCP).
Bangladesh based ready-made garment and textile giant DBL Group is making progress on plans to establish a factory in Ethiopia that will provide around 4,000 jobs and be supported by long-time customer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M).
Mauritius-listed clothing manufacturer Ciel Textile booked a drop in earnings in its third-quarter, citing lower profit margins in its knitwear division.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts