Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Africa
There are growing opportunities in the US for African clothing and textile producers, but a long-term preferential trade agreement is needed...
Mauritius (officially the Republic of Mauritius), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000km off the southeast coast of the Afric...
Textile and apparel has grown to become one of the main pillars of Mauritius' economy in the last decade. Trade deals in place with Europe a...
Strategically located along the trading route between Asia and Africa, Mauritius is fast emerging as a major sourcing hub for textile and ap...
Jean-François Limantour, president of the Cercle Euro-méditerranéen des Dirigeants Textile-Habillement (CEDITH), talks to just-style about how the North African/Tunisian textile and apparel export industry is faring after the Arab Spring uprisings of two years ago.
South African restrictions on imports of Chinese textiles and clothing have not come to the rescue of the country’s ailing textile sector as effectively as had been hoped. Brian Brink, executive director of South African industry group Textile Federation (Texfed), tells just-style why firms continues to struggle.
A disagreement over wages that resulted in a national three-week strike involving up to 3,000 South African cotton sector workers has been settled.
Tens of thousands of jobs in the African garment sector dependent on exports to the US are at risk unless Congress addresses reauthorisation of the Africa Growth Opportunity Act (AGOA), IndustriAll global union has said.
A disagreement over wages that resulted in a national three-week strike involving up to 3,000 South African cotton sector workers has taken a major step forward, according to the workers' union, with an agreement close to being signed.
A national three-week strike involving up to 3,000 cotton sector workers over wages, may now be nearing settlement.
A strike involving workers in South Africa's cotton sector is continuing this week in an ongoing dispute over wages.
A strike involving around 1,500 workers in South Africa's cotton sector will take place today (8 August) in an ongoing dispute over wages.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details