Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Africa
There are growing opportunities in the US for African clothing and textile producers, but a long-term preferential trade agreement is needed...
Mauritius (officially the Republic of Mauritius), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000km off the southeast coast of the Afric...
Textile and apparel has grown to become one of the main pillars of Mauritius' economy in the last decade. Trade deals in place with Europe a...
Strategically located along the trading route between Asia and Africa, Mauritius is fast emerging as a major sourcing hub for textile and ap...
Jean-François Limantour, president of the Cercle Euro-méditerranéen des Dirigeants Textile-Habillement (CEDITH), talks to just-style about how the North African/Tunisian textile and apparel export industry is faring after the Arab Spring uprisings of two years ago.
South African restrictions on imports of Chinese textiles and clothing have not come to the rescue of the country’s ailing textile sector as effectively as had been hoped. Brian Brink, executive director of South African industry group Textile Federation (Texfed), tells just-style why firms continues to struggle.
South African discount retailer Mr Price Group saw its share price climb by close of trading after revealing it expects to record a 20-24% increase in earnings for its first-half.
Action plans are being developed in several African countries to push for living wages, with unions across the region agreeing to work towards this goal.
The European Union (EU) and five East African nations - including Kenya - have agreed a new comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) allowing duty-free exports between the two regions.
Luxury goods group Kering, owner of the Gucci, Bottega Veneta and Saint Laurent brands, is backing a project to support the sustainable supply of crocodile skins in Madagascar.
International conglomerate Cargill is understood to have closed its Zimbabwe cotton business citing operational challenges.
Ethiopia's government has unveiled plans to create an organisation to help the country's cotton producers maximise a strong supply base for the country's booming textile sector.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre