Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Africa
Japanese international trading house Marubeni Corp has teamed up with US based clothing and textile management consultants Werner Internatio...
The Mauritian textile and apparel industry has established a solid reputation over the years as a manufacturer of high-tech, high-end clothi...
Africa has undeniable advantages that make it attractive as a potential destination for large volume, low cost, commodity garments, accordin...
Ethiopia's ambition to become a global apparel and textile powerhouse has been well-documented over the past decade, despite its slow steps...
Jean-François Limantour, president of the Cercle Euro-méditerranéen des Dirigeants Textile-Habillement (CEDITH), talks to just-style about how the North African/Tunisian textile and apparel export industry is faring after the Arab Spring uprisings of two years ago.
South African restrictions on imports of Chinese textiles and clothing have not come to the rescue of the country’s ailing textile sector as effectively as had been hoped. Brian Brink, executive director of South African industry group Textile Federation (Texfed), tells just-style why firms continues to struggle.
Concern is growing in Kenya that its clothing manufacturing industry will no longer benefit from the European Union’s ‘market access regulation’ from 1 October, which has granted its exporters duty-free and quota-free access to the EU market since 2008.
Revenue generated by exports to the UK from Mauritius will be down by around 10% this year following the Brexit vote, according to the country's Export Association (MEXA).
Ethiopia’s flagship industrial park in Hawassa city, south of the capital Addis Ababa, opened last week, with facilities dedicated solely to the textile and apparel sector.
Around 5,000 cotton textile workers in 70 companies across South Africa have been awarded an above-inflation wage increase as part of a new two-year deal.
A number of new initiatives, including access of up to US$1m (KES1m) in financing, are underway to help Kenyan designers and small-scale manufacturers tap into the opportunities offered by global apparel value chains.
The annual Origin Africa textile and clothing sourcing show is this year set to take place in Madagascar in November.
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis