Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Africa
There are growing opportunities in the US for African clothing and textile producers, but a long-term preferential trade agreement is needed...
Mauritius (officially the Republic of Mauritius), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000km off the southeast coast of the Afric...
Textile and apparel has grown to become one of the main pillars of Mauritius' economy in the last decade. Trade deals in place with Europe a...
Strategically located along the trading route between Asia and Africa, Mauritius is fast emerging as a major sourcing hub for textile and ap...
Jean-François Limantour, president of the Cercle Euro-méditerranéen des Dirigeants Textile-Habillement (CEDITH), talks to just-style about how the North African/Tunisian textile and apparel export industry is faring after the Arab Spring uprisings of two years ago.
South African restrictions on imports of Chinese textiles and clothing have not come to the rescue of the country’s ailing textile sector as effectively as had been hoped. Brian Brink, executive director of South African industry group Textile Federation (Texfed), tells just-style why firms continues to struggle.
The Ghanaian government has set up a task force to combat the trade in counterfeit versions of the country’s textile designs.
Cameroon has ratified an economic and trade deal with the European Union giving improved access for its exports to the EU member states.
A strike involving around 3,000 workers in South Africa's cotton sector has continued into its seventh day.
Around 3,000 cotton sector employees have downed tools after the Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers' Union (SACTWU) issued a strike notice earlier this week over wages.
The Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers' Union (SACTWU) says it has settled a wage dispute in the wool and mohair textiles sub-sector.
A new agreement between the Rwandan government and China's C&H Garments will create a new garment manufacturing sector for the country.
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015