Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Africa
The apparent benefits of Ethiopia make the country a serious risk – both politically and commercially – for apparel and textile investors, M...
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and high-performance leather manufacturer Pittards Plc both say they are monitoring the situation in...
Japanese international trading house Marubeni Corp has teamed up with US based clothing and textile management consultants Werner Internatio...
The Mauritian textile and apparel industry has established a solid reputation over the years as a manufacturer of high-tech, high-end clothi...
Jean-François Limantour, president of the Cercle Euro-méditerranéen des Dirigeants Textile-Habillement (CEDITH), talks to just-style about how the North African/Tunisian textile and apparel export industry is faring after the Arab Spring uprisings of two years ago.
South African restrictions on imports of Chinese textiles and clothing have not come to the rescue of the country’s ailing textile sector as effectively as had been hoped. Brian Brink, executive director of South African industry group Textile Federation (Texfed), tells just-style why firms continues to struggle.
The United States has joined governments in the UK, Australia, Canada to advise against all non-essential travel to Ethiopia due to ongoing unrest the country.
Botswana's first vocational training school for the textiles and clothing sector has opened its doors, aiming to close the skills gap restricting the growth of the industry in this southern African country.
Trade fair organiser Messe Frankfurt is to include Africa in its textile event portfolio from 2017 following a partnership with Africa Sourcing & Fashion Week in Ethiopia.
Africa’s first modern electrified railway line was today (5 October) inaugurated in Ethiopia, linking the country's capital, Addis Ababa, with the Red Sea port of Djibouti.
A delegation of leading Mauritian garment manufacturers will attend an apparel sourcing event in London next month to showcase what the country's apparel and textile industry has to offer.
South Africa's Competition Commission has raided the premises of six major shipping companies in the Western Cape and Kwazulu-Natal provinces following allegations of freight rate fixing for cargo including apparel and footwear.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report