Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in China and Asia
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show h...
As one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, Hong Kong based Crystal Group believes its size and continuing growth carry additional respo...
Retail shares were among the biggest fallers last week as financial markets reacted to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposit...
German sporting giant Adidas says it remains "fully committed" to the Russian market, despite plans to close stores and significantly pare b...
With a global vendor base of around 6,000 factories working with leading retailers and brands, sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. has an enviable view into worldwide sourcing shifts. In the second instalment of a two-part interview with just-style, company chairman and CEO William E. (Chip) Connor discusses opportunities, challenges and concerns.
Transparency and integrity are two words that crop up repeatedly in conversation with William E. (Chip) Connor, chairman and CEO of Hong Kong based global sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Indeed, these have been cornerstones of the business since it was founded 65 years ago, and continue to underpin every aspect of an operation set up to act as its clients' alter-ego.
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has said it will not accept inspection reports produced under the direction of third party auditors of the Alliance, and will inspect the factories themselves.
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched its Professional Development Series (PDS) workshops in Hong Kong, designed to offer "world class insight" into best product development and apparel fit practices.
The American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA) is urging the US Government to persuade the ruling regime in Uzbekistan to end the government-sanctioned and orchestrated use of forced and child labour to pick cotton.
Labels and RFID provider Avery Dennison has formed a joint venture with Ningbo Shenzhou Knitting Co Ltd (Shenzhou), the largest vertically integrated knitwear manufacturer in China.
Hong Kong sportswear maker 361 Degrees has booked an increase in second-quarter earnings and sales, despite the Chinese economy having decelerated to slower growth in the first half of 2014.
Inspection company SGS has opened a new textile testing laboratory in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey