Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in China and Asia
For all the claims that US apparel buyers are seeking alternative sources to China amid concerns it is losing its competitiveness, new data...
Falling prices and an industry focus on specialisation and increasing value added have all helped Vietnam increase its share of US imports o...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that hav...
Pakistan's clothing industry has told just-style that a new government assistance package announced last week to boost the country's clothin...
As one of the world's leading garment manufacturers, Hong Kong-based TAL Apparel is continually looking to see how it can add value in the apparel supply chain, as chief technology officer Delman Lee tells just-style.
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
Esprit has seen continued improvement in the first half of fiscal 16/17, building on the positive progress achieved in its last financial year to book "record" earnings.
A cohort of human rights groups have questioned a report by the The International Labor Organization (ILO) that claims the Government of Uzbekistan is making progress in reforms to address risks of child and forced labour in its cotton industry.
The crackdown on Bangladesh labour activists has cost the country's garment industry around US$100m, its trade body says, as well as growing international concern regarding the treatment of garment workers.
A new campaign has launched in Shanghai, China to educate consumers on the impact of clothing consumption and how the public can help end textile waste across various points in the value chain.
Indian fashion and lifestyle company Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail (ABFRL) has moved to a loss in its third-quarter as a result of the government's demonetisation last November, but booked an increase in sales.
Chinese online retail giant Alibaba is collaborating with the country's leading retailer Bailian Group on a strategic partnership it says is designed to boost efficiency and "upend" the traditional manufacturing and supply chain model.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar