Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in China and Asia
Pakistan's clothing industry has told just-style that a new government assistance package announced last week to boost the country's clothin...
For the past six years China's clothing producers have retained their dominance of world apparel manufacturing despite widespread forecasts...
As the global clothing and textile industry looks towards a 2017 where trade relations are unpredictable, fast fashion giant Hennes & Maurit...
Despite the size of its supply base, its range of skills and quality levels, China's apparel industry is repositioning for the future – incl...
As one of the world's leading garment manufacturers, Hong Kong-based TAL Apparel is continually looking to see how it can add value in the apparel supply chain, as chief technology officer Delman Lee tells just-style.
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
Global unions have launched an online campaign calling for the Bangladesh Government to "immediately and unconditionally" release garment trade union leaders detained following recent unrest among workers over wages.
Cambodia’s textile and apparel export sector could face both short and long-term risks as a result of the UK leaving the EU, while the country's recent rise to lower-middle income status could add to its challenges, the International Labor Organization (ILO) has warned.
Swedish apparel giant Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is among a number of Western apparel brands urging Bangladesh's Prime Minister to adopt a wage board for the country's garment sector, expressing concern over recent unrest among garment workers.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has signed a co-operation agreement with Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corp in a move expected to help develop a change in production method and the joint development and supply of textile items for the global market.
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, reported a jump in profit of more than 40% for its third-quarter, boosted by a strong performance from its fashion and lifestyle category.
Improvements in compliance and establishing a separate garment production zone are crucial steps if Bangladesh is to ensure sustainable growth of its garment sector, a new report suggests.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022