Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in China and Asia
China looks set to remain the powerhouse of global footwear manufacturing and a key supplier to the US, despite Vietnam gaining ground, a ne...
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing...
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says it will stay the course in the south Asian country despite two recent terrorist attacks – an...
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is contributing to better conditions for workers, a new study has found – al...
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
A Bangladesh garment factory group has defended itself over union claims it had attempted to relocate workers, failed to make bonus payments and that one of its officers had "tortured" a pregnant worker.
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has cut ties with another seven ready-made garment suppliers for failing to implement workplace safety measures – and admits that 97% of all factories used by its signatory companies are behind schedule on remediation.
Vietnam's textile and apparel industry says it expects to miss its export target in 2016 due to slowing consumer demand and increased competition – and has proposed a freeze on wages to address the issues.
South Korean yarn giant Hyosung is setting up a new manufacturing facility in Vietnam for its Mipan branded nylon.
Singapore-based dye manufacturer DyStar Group is setting up a global innovation centre at its Nanjing Colours production site in China to develop new environmentally-friendly dyes and chemicals.
Indian denim giant Arvind and German technical inspection company TÜV Rheinland have both become members of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) programme.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020