Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in China and Asia
International fashion brands and retailers are being urged to help build a more resilient cotton supply chain in China if they want to secur...
Changes taking place in China’s cotton sector offer both implications and opportunities for brands and retailers, according to a new report...
Vietnam’s apparel sector is set to receive a major boost from the signing of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, although the exte...
The Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association (MGMA) today (2 February) published the country's first ever Code of Conduct, in a move that a...
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
Building the business for long-term growth, but also ensuring that the company has a strong local supply chain in place to deliver on its goals, are among the challenges faced by Andrew Lo, CEO of Hong Kong based Crystal Group, as he continues to build the capacity and competitiveness of one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers.
More than 100 additional labour inspectors have been recruited in Bangladesh and are being trained in an International Labour Organization (ILO) programme.
Sri Lanka has said a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Bangladesh could boost current levels of bilateral trade by seven-fold, as talks get underway to secure a deal.
Hong Kong-listed casual fashion brand Esprit has blamed the challenging operating environment for its decline in first-half sales and earnings.
Pakistan’s exports of knitwear, ready-made garments and other textile and apparel products increased in January, but were offset by a fall in cotton shipments.
Lingerie maker Regina Miracle International has selected Centric Software’s product lifecycle management (PLM) software to help speed sample development and collaboration with customers.
Italian fashion giant Benetton is to make a contribution to the Bangladesh Rana Plaza Trust Fund that compensates victims of the disaster that occurred nearly two years ago.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide