Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in China and Asia
Fast Retailing says it is working to raise the bar across the apparel industry, after facing criticism earlier this year of factory conditio...
As the countdown to the second anniversary of the Bangladesh Rana Plaza tragedy begins, the call is getting louder for apparel brands to fil...
Pakistan's ambition to double its clothing and textile exports over five years, and its accession to the EU's GSP+ trade scheme last year, s...
Labour rights abuses are still rife in Cambodia’s garment factories, thanks to an inadequate and corrupt inspection system and widespread su...
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
Building the business for long-term growth, but also ensuring that the company has a strong local supply chain in place to deliver on its goals, are among the challenges faced by Andrew Lo, CEO of Hong Kong based Crystal Group, as he continues to build the capacity and competitiveness of one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers.
The process that may lead to the re-admission of Sri Lanka to the European Union’s Generalised Scheme of Preferences (GSP+) scheme got underway last week during the visit of an EU delegation to the Indian Ocean island.
Myanmar's textile and garment industry is set to benefit from the country's new export strategy - a five-year roadmap aimed at strengthening smaller companies and fuelling exports and trade diversification.
Dyes and chemicals business Huntsman Textile Effects has signed an MoU with Korean textile exporter Daechun to help streamline the firm's operations and grow its sustainability initiatives.
A non-compliant apparel factory has been deemed ineligible to produce for any Accord signatory companies followings its refusal to temporarily suspend production to remedy safety concerns.
High-end men’s wear retailer Trinity, part of the Fung Group, has booked mixed full-year results but remains optimistic it has the right strategies in place to deliver future returns.
China’s Weiqiao Textile Company said it was affected by a persistent decline in cotton price, rising labour costs, shrinking downstream demand and the declining sales price of products in its last fiscal as earnings and sales fell.
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019