Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in China and Asia
One of the world's largest intimate apparel exporters, Bogart Lingerie, is set to open its third plant in Myanmar in June – three years afte...
Recently released details of the European Union's trade agreement with Vietnam show how the deal could boost garment sourcing by EU brands i...
Hong Kong-based Esquel Group, the major vertically integrated cotton to shirt supplier, is making progress in a research programme to develo...
The ongoing drop in polyester prices is hurting cotton consumption in China, with Vietnam now poised to overtake China as the largest import...
While doomsayers have been waxing lyrically for the past two years about how the Chinese clothing industry could have a shaky future, John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esquel Group, the Hong Kong-based vertically integrated cotton to shirt maker, is resolute in his optimism.
With new facilities opening in Bangladesh and Vietnam, an investment to take automation to the next level, and an eye on Africa, Hong Kong based manufacturing giant Epic Group is also on a relentless efficiency drive. Chairman and CEO Ranjan Mahtani tells just-style why constant evolution is key.
Cambodia's garment and footwear exports earned around US$6.3bn in 2015, recording a growth rate of nearly 6.7% when compared with the year before, according to just-released figures from the Cambodian Ministry of Commerce.
The European Commission has indicated that to just-style that it may accept a European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruling against "anti-dumping" duties imposed on leather footwear made in China and Vietnam imported into the European Union (EU). The decision means there may now be claims for refunds of duties paid by retailers.
Leading Bangladesh-based apparel manufacturer AKH Group has opened a flagship eco-friendly garment factory that has been certified by the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building accreditation scheme.
The European sporting goods industry has welcomed the release of the text of the region's trade deal with Vietnam, which is expected to help trigger a new wave of high quality investment in both directions.
Unions are urging the Indonesian government to return to the bargaining table to increase the country's minimum wage.
Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar continue to attract huge interest as apparel supply bases – and a new report from just-style aims to make it easier for retailers, brands and importers to evaluate the key advantages and challenges of sourcing and manufacturing in each country.
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020