Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Pakistan’s textile industry is pessimistic about its prospects, warning of wholesale closures amongst fabric mills unless the government ste...
Every month the US Government's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) publishes industry import data, and every month professionals pounce...
Foreign direct investment is flowing into Vietnam in anticipation of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, which is expected to op...
Late last month, Hong Kong-based sourcing giant Li & Fung formed a joint venture with Chinese retailers Bailian Group and Wangfujing Departm...
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
An upgrade of Malaysia in the US government’s annual report on human trafficking paves the way for the Southeast Asia nation to take part in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade pact.
Indian yarn, fabric and denim maker Century Textiles & Industries saw earnings and sales in its textile division climb during the first quarter.
Manufacturing in China continued to decline in July, with the latest Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) falling to a 15-month low.
A number of US and Peruvian human rights and union groups have filed a complaint alleging Peru's government failed to enforce basic garment sector labour laws under the terms of a free trade pact.
US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores has taken full ownership of its Chinese e-commerce business Yihaodian, as part of its long-term plans to grow its China business.
Malaysian textile firm Penfabric, a subsidiary of Japan’s Toray Industries, has become what is thought to be the first vertically-integrated textile maker to start labelling its products with the Oeko-Tex ‘Made in Green’ traceable product label.
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020