Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
The Philippines' garment sector is expected to be a key beneficiary of the country's inclusion within the European Union's (EU) GSP+ scheme...
The newly announced textile joint venture between India's Reliance Industries and China's Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group could ins...
Blocked fire exits and a lack of proper equipment and training highlight a “persistently high” level of non-compliance with fire safety stan...
The global footwear industry is expected to grow 4-5% to nearly $200bn next year as a firming global economy fuels consumer demand for leadi...
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
Canadian men's wear company Kanati Co says continued disruption to its production in Pakistan has forced it to pull out of the country and bring its entire manufacturing back home.
One worker has been taken into custody and another eight threatened with detention as an industrial dispute with footwear company Bata in Mexico escalates, according to the IndustriAll global union.
Strong growth in the fashion and lifestyle sector helped India’s Reliance Retail to boost earnings and revenues in the third quarter, accelerating the growth seen in the previous three-month period.
Indian textile and clothing group Raymond has recorded a mixed set of third-quarter results, with lower earnings but double-digit revenue growth.
More details have emerged on regulatory changes governing footwear imports into Mexico, according to a report from legal firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg.
Brazilian footwear firms are stepping up their export efforts as part of a BRL41.4m (US$15.7m) programme over the next two years to target new customers in the US, Mexico, Colombia, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, China and Russia.
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead