Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
After a number of setbacks last year, including political upheaval, terrorist attacks and an influx of Syrian refugees, textile and clothing...
For all the claims that US apparel buyers are seeking alternative sources to China amid concerns it is losing its competitiveness, new data...
Falling prices and an industry focus on specialisation and increasing value added have all helped Vietnam increase its share of US imports o...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that hav...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
Backed by his belief that the current apparel sourcing model is broken, Gerhard Flatz, managing director at high end performance wear specialist KTC, is charting a new course for the company. He’s trying to change the perception of what it means to be ‘Made in China’ by losing the factory tagline and instead building on the firm’s ethical credentials, its skilled workmanship, and repositioning it as a key ingredient of a high quality garment.
A union building project has boosted recruitment in India, with affiliates of IndustriAll global union organising more than 63,000 new members since 2014 - 19,993 of whom are from the textile, garments, shoe and leather sector.
A new campaign has launched in Shanghai, China to educate consumers on the impact of clothing consumption and how the public can help end textile waste across various points in the value chain.
Indian fashion and lifestyle company Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail (ABFRL) has moved to a loss in its third-quarter as a result of the government's demonetisation last November, but booked an increase in sales.
Chinese online retail giant Alibaba is collaborating with the country's leading retailer Bailian Group on a strategic partnership it says is designed to boost efficiency and "upend" the traditional manufacturing and supply chain model.
Turkey-based non-woven manufacturer Mogul has developed a new fabric for applications including outdoor performance wear, jeans, sports and leisure wear, uniforms and workwear.
Ciel Textiles, the Mauritius-listed clothing business which supplies a number of European retailers, saw earnings decline in its first-half, with its knits and knitwear division suffering a "difficult" semester.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022