Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
The Chinese government faces a number of serious challenges if it is to maintain the country’s recent rapid economic growth in the longer te...
Retail shares were among the biggest fallers last week as financial markets reacted to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposit...
German sporting giant Adidas says it remains "fully committed" to the Russian market, despite plans to close stores and significantly pare b...
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile Co has its sights firmly set on growing its global business. Earlier this month, as the company revealed plans to open an office in New York, Michelle Russell talked to Luthai general manager Liu Zibin about the rationale behind the move.
Waterless dyeing took a step forward in December when Nike revealed plans to launch sportswear made from fabric dyed using a process that eliminates water and cuts down on chemicals. The technology is not new though. The Yeh Group first launched a range of DryDye fabrics three years ago using high-tech equipment from DyeCoo Textile Systems. Michelle Russell asks Brad Poorman, chief marketing sales officer for DyeDry, some burning questions about the new technology.
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) and Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) of China have inked a garment textiles MoU to promote and help businesses to exchange technologies and enter joint ventures.
The fibre fabric workshop of textile finishing firm Shenghong Group has received the STeP certificate for sustainable textile production.
Wal-Mart's South African banner Massmart, revealed a fall in earnings in its second-quarter on the back of a weakened Rand and slowing retail sales.
The Pakistan Textile Exporters Association (PTEA) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) are joining forces to improve labour standards in the country's textile and garment industry.
Officials at Russia's industry ministry have said that should additional US and European Union sanctions be imposed, Russia may retaliate with a complete ban on imports of clothing and textiles from the EU and the US.
Lower sales volumes of yarn and grey fabric resulted in a double-digit first-half profit decline for China's largest cotton textile producer Weiqiao Textile Company.
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report