Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Pakistan's ambition to double its clothing and textile exports over five years, and its accession to the EU's GSP+ trade scheme last year, s...
Last May, India overwhelmingly elected Narenrda Modi as Prime Minster. While apparel factory owners thought he was “business friendly,” few...
International fashion brands and retailers are being urged to help build a more resilient cotton supply chain in China if they want to secur...
Changes taking place in China’s cotton sector offer both implications and opportunities for brands and retailers, according to a new report...
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
China’s Weiqiao Textile Company said it was affected by a persistent decline in cotton price, rising labour costs, shrinking downstream demand and the declining sales price of products in its last fiscal as earnings and sales fell.
Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings, the world's largest sports shoe maker, has revealed it will increase investment in new technologies and innovative materials to improve production efficiency, after reporting a double-digit decline in annual net profit.
Chinese online fashion retailer Xiu.com has expanded its logistic networks into Europe in a bid to help brands sell their products in the fast-growing Chinese market.
Less than a year after a two-week long strike at Chinese footwear manufacturer Yue Yuen, as many as 5,000 workers are reportedly taking part in a new round of industrial action over proposed production changes.
Greenpeace has launched its second “Detox Catwalk” – an online platform designed to assess fashion brands’ records on removing toxic chemicals from the supply chain.
Founder and chairman Li Ning is returning to the day-to-day running of his eponymous sports business after it reported its third straight annual loss.
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019