Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Turkish security sources are advising textile and clothing manufacturers in Turkey that the country remains a safe and secure country in whi...
Colombia’s textile and apparel industry is expected to grow 13% to over $11bn this year – more than double last year's rate – driven by stro...
China looks set to remain the powerhouse of global footwear manufacturing and a key supplier to the US, despite Vietnam gaining ground, a ne...
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
Backed by his belief that the current apparel sourcing model is broken, Gerhard Flatz, managing director at high end performance wear specialist KTC, is charting a new course for the company. He’s trying to change the perception of what it means to be ‘Made in China’ by losing the factory tagline and instead building on the firm’s ethical credentials, its skilled workmanship, and repositioning it as a key ingredient of a high quality garment.
In a bid to boost the supply of organic cotton in China, the charitable arm of global fashion retailer C&A has partnered with C&A China and conservation partner Rare to help farmers grow more organic fibre.
New relaxed rules of origin – technical criteria determining if a product qualifies for preferential trade arrangements – will make it easier for manufacturers in Jordan to export clothes if they employ Syrian refugees, a European Commission spokesperson has confirmed to just-style.
Following its acquisition last year of Italian luxury sportswear brand CP Company, international garment manufacturer Tristate Holdings has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help develop the brand.
Weakened domestic and overseas demand for textile products and volatile cotton price fluctuations weighed on results for Weiqiao Textile Company in the first half of the year.
Vietnam's garment and textile industry has called on the government to create a development strategy to 2025, with a vision toward 2040, in order to help firms take advantage of opportunities and overcome challenges brought by free trade agreements.
Garment workers in India's Tamil Nadu district have won an increase of up to 64% in wages – the first for 12 years - thanks to a court order, and despite protests by apparel factory owners claiming the industry is already struggling.
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras