Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
Indian apparel exporters have demanded a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government whil...
China's leader Xi Jinping last year adopted The China Dream as the theme of his presidency, combining "economic prosperity" with "national r...
There are growing opportunities in the US for African clothing and textile producers, but a long-term preferential trade agreement is needed...
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile Co has its sights firmly set on growing its global business. Earlier this month, as the company revealed plans to open an office in New York, Michelle Russell talked to Luthai general manager Liu Zibin about the rationale behind the move.
Waterless dyeing took a step forward in December when Nike revealed plans to launch sportswear made from fabric dyed using a process that eliminates water and cuts down on chemicals. The technology is not new though. The Yeh Group first launched a range of DryDye fabrics three years ago using high-tech equipment from DyeCoo Textile Systems. Michelle Russell asks Brad Poorman, chief marketing sales officer for DyeDry, some burning questions about the new technology.
China is set to overtake the US to become the world's largest apparel and footwear market in 2017, according to new data.
Two manufacturing plants in the Brandix Apparel Solutions Lingerie Cluster in Sri Lanka have been awarded the Eco Factory Attributes accolade by retailer Marks & Spencer.
A solid revenue gain at its brands and retail business helped Indian textile conglomerate Arvind Ltd to book a double-digit increase in first-quarter profit.
Indian textile and clothing group Raymond Ltd has said it will continue to invest for growth, after narrowing its first-quarter loss thanks to higher sales.
A strike involving around 3,000 workers in South Africa's cotton sector has continued into its seventh day.
The ongoing downturn in China's retail industry has hit earnings and sales for casual men's wear retailer Zuoan Fashion in the first quarter.
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report