Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Mexico is being urged to overhaul a newly expanded set of import reference prices US apparel makers say are hampering trade, causing delays...
There's no doubt China faces a number of challenges, ranging from slowing economic growth to growing retail competition and – in March at le...
The Mauritian textile and apparel industry has established a solid reputation over the years as a manufacturer of high-tech, high-end clothi...
Will the EU FTA and TPP trade agreements truly make Vietnam the replacement solution to the higher labour cost challenges in China? Gary Bar...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
Backed by his belief that the current apparel sourcing model is broken, Gerhard Flatz, managing director at high end performance wear specialist KTC, is charting a new course for the company. He’s trying to change the perception of what it means to be ‘Made in China’ by losing the factory tagline and instead building on the firm’s ethical credentials, its skilled workmanship, and repositioning it as a key ingredient of a high quality garment.
The Better Work Vietnam initiative has launched a new Labor Law app for smartphones, designed to educate garment factories and outside users on the compliance challenges faced in the industry.
Wal-Mart has swapped its Chinese online grocery business for a stake in the country's second largest e-commerce site, in a move that will likely see the US retail behemoth attempt to turn around its China business.
SGS has relocated its textile testing facility to a larger premises in Mexico City in a move that will enable the inspection and verification company to offer a more diverse range of testing, inspection and audit supply chain solutions from raw materials to retail.
US yarn manufacturer Unifi Inc will expand global availability of its Repreve recycled polyester brand and other Premier Value-Added (PVA) yarns through a new division in Sri Lanka, Unifi Textiles Colombo Private Limited (UTCL).
British fashion label Ben Sherman is set to launch in the Far East after its parent company Marquee Brands brokered a deal with MRH SpaRotica Groupé to distribute the brand in the Greater China region.
Imports of manmade fibre knit shirts and women’s and blouses from China into the US saw the biggest growth in volume across all clothing categories between 2009 and 2015, according to a new report.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)