Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
While Mexico’s apparel makers are outlining their concerns at US president-elect Donald Trump's proposal to tear up the North American Free...
Norma Rae has had her revenge: the working class in America just elected Donald Trump as the country's 45th president, writes Robert Antosha...
Donald Trump's election as the next US president is putting Mexico and other Latin American nations on tenterhooks as they wait to see if he...
Leaders of Pakistan’s clothing and textile industry have told just-style they are concerned about the sector’s declining exports, and are ca...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
Backed by his belief that the current apparel sourcing model is broken, Gerhard Flatz, managing director at high end performance wear specialist KTC, is charting a new course for the company. He’s trying to change the perception of what it means to be ‘Made in China’ by losing the factory tagline and instead building on the firm’s ethical credentials, its skilled workmanship, and repositioning it as a key ingredient of a high quality garment.
The European Union (EU) is being urged to adopt a roadmap for Sri Lanka with time-bound measures to comply with core labour conventions before it can regain GSP+ beneficiary status.
PVH Corp has finalised a joint venture agreement in Mexico that will allow it to maintain a direct ownership interest in its Calvin Klein and Heritage Brands businesses in the country, while gaining more control over Tommy Hilfiger in the region.
Pakistan is understood to have suspended the import of cotton and other agriculture commodities from India due to rising tensions between the two countries.
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo has posted growth in its fashion and lifestyle business for the second quarter.
Hong Kong based apparel manufacturing giant Crystal Group has expanded its worker empowerment programme to male staff for the first time.
Apparel label business ITL has added its largest South African facility to its list of globally certified factories.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack