Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Indian apparel exporters have demanded a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government whil...
China's leader Xi Jinping last year adopted The China Dream as the theme of his presidency, combining "economic prosperity" with "national r...
There are growing opportunities in the US for African clothing and textile producers, but a long-term preferential trade agreement is needed...
Sweeping changes approved this year to China's national Environmental Protection Law could push consolidation in the textile and clothing in...
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile Co has its sights firmly set on growing its global business. Earlier this month, as the company revealed plans to open an office in New York, Michelle Russell talked to Luthai general manager Liu Zibin about the rationale behind the move.
Waterless dyeing took a step forward in December when Nike revealed plans to launch sportswear made from fabric dyed using a process that eliminates water and cuts down on chemicals. The technology is not new though. The Yeh Group first launched a range of DryDye fabrics three years ago using high-tech equipment from DyeCoo Textile Systems. Michelle Russell asks Brad Poorman, chief marketing sales officer for DyeDry, some burning questions about the new technology.
Chinese sportswear company Li Ning has issued a profit warning for its first-half, in part due to provisions for doubtful debt and legacy issues.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has met with the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petrovietnam) to discuss cooperation in the production and supply of polyester fibres to the textile industry.
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, returned to profit during its firs quarter, helped by higher sales and margin improvement.
The Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers' Union (SACTWU) says it has settled a wage dispute in the wool and mohair textiles sub-sector.
Invista has settled a lawsuit in China related to the alleged theft and infringement by a local engineer of trade secrets related to its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) technology.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has extended the date for its initial public offering by two months to give investors more time to evaluate the firm's performance.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies