Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
China is using a catchy English-language TV ad to promote its 13th Five-Year Plan for the five years to 2020. But does the Plan really tell...
Jordan's US$1.34bn garment sector continues to expand despite the turmoil in much of the Middle East, with growth forecast at 10% in 2015. Y...
Apparel brands, retailers and suppliers are having to navigate an increasing number of supply chain challenges in order to operate in a more...
A conference on sustainability staged by Hong Kong-based textile and apparel giant Esquel Group has heard how China is making serious effort...
While doomsayers have been waxing lyrically for the past two years about how the Chinese clothing industry could have a shaky future, John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esquel Group, the Hong Kong-based vertically integrated cotton to shirt maker, is resolute in his optimism.
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
A state-of-the-art textile finishing plant is being set up in Russia's Rostov region by consumer goods firm and clothing manufacturer BTK-Group to manufacture textile dyes for the domestic market.
Finnish retailer Stockmann Group has signed a deal to sell its Russian department store business for EUR5m (US$5.3m).
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has come under fire from labour rights groups for failing to improve working conditions and environmental pollution at Uniqlo supplier factories in mainland China.
The German-led Partnership for Sustainable Textiles initiative, which aims to bring about social, ecological and economic improvements along the apparel and textile supply chain, has been introduced to Vietnam.
Sri Lanka's Brandix Group has added to its sustainability accolades by receiving the 'Gold Flame' efficiency award for its new head office, just nine months after it was commissioned.
The European Union (EU) and the Philippines are to start talks on a free-trade agreement, in an attempt to boost trade and investment.
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory