Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Pakistan's clothing industry has told just-style that a new government assistance package announced last week to boost the country's clothin...
Mexican retailers lost more than $70m amid protests and looting last week that blocked major highways and caused delays in clothing shipment...
For the past six years China's clothing producers have retained their dominance of world apparel manufacturing despite widespread forecasts...
Despite the size of its supply base, its range of skills and quality levels, China's apparel industry is repositioning for the future – incl...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
Backed by his belief that the current apparel sourcing model is broken, Gerhard Flatz, managing director at high end performance wear specialist KTC, is charting a new course for the company. He’s trying to change the perception of what it means to be ‘Made in China’ by losing the factory tagline and instead building on the firm’s ethical credentials, its skilled workmanship, and repositioning it as a key ingredient of a high quality garment.
Nordic fashion brands including H&M, KappAhl, Lindex are not doing enough to help tackle the abuse of Syrian refugees in Turkish garment factories, a new report suggests.
Polish software solutions company Inovatica has unveiled a smart t-shirt, developed with bio-monitoring capacities, designed to allow electrocardiography (ECG) on the person wearing it.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has signed a co-operation agreement with Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corp in a move expected to help develop a change in production method and the joint development and supply of textile items for the global market.
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, reported a jump in profit of more than 40% for its third-quarter, boosted by a strong performance from its fashion and lifestyle category.
Europe's textile and apparel industry is calling on the European Commission to "strongly act" and clarify its position on investigating anti-subsidy proceedings against China and on tackling barriers to trade in the country.
Sri Lankan apparel and fabric manufacturing conglomerate MAS Holdings is preparing to begin operations at its second industrial park, located in Giriulla in the north west of the country.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016