Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environm...
Global apparel brands must boost innovation and put customers at the centre of their growth strategies in order to survive an increasingly c...
China, the world's top cotton consumer, has announced a significant reduction to its 2015 cotton import quota to boost demand for domestical...
A long-standing investment between two Hong Kong based companies - Crystal Group and Pacific Textiles Holdings - to set up a new fabric mill...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile Co has its sights firmly set on growing its global business. Earlier this month, as the company revealed plans to open an office in New York, Michelle Russell talked to Luthai general manager Liu Zibin about the rationale behind the move.
South African discount retailer Mr Price Group saw its share price climb by close of trading after revealing it expects to record a 20-24% increase in earnings for its first-half.
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) and the China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textiles and Apparel (CCCT) have agreed to jointly address industry issues ranging from product safety, to labelling and retail.
Action plans are being developed in several African countries to push for living wages, with unions across the region agreeing to work towards this goal.
US warehouse retailer Costco is making its first move into China by opening an online store on Alibaba Group's Tmall global website.
Products made with child or prison labour or manufactured under poor working conditions in China continue to enter the US, according to a report by The Congressional-Executive Commission on China.
Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co (UTSC) has unveiled its new Sorbtek staple fibre, which it claims combines the comfort of cotton with the functionality of polyester.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre