Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing...
A focus on innovation in industrial engineering and information technology (IT) is helping manufacturing giant Crystal Group maintain its co...
Indian garment exporters have widely welcomed a series of financial and labour reforms announced by the government last week to generate 10m...
Mexico is being urged to overhaul a newly expanded set of import reference prices US apparel makers say are hampering trade, causing delays...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
Backed by his belief that the current apparel sourcing model is broken, Gerhard Flatz, managing director at high end performance wear specialist KTC, is charting a new course for the company. He’s trying to change the perception of what it means to be ‘Made in China’ by losing the factory tagline and instead building on the firm’s ethical credentials, its skilled workmanship, and repositioning it as a key ingredient of a high quality garment.
Vietnam's textile and apparel industry says it expects to miss its export target in 2016 due to slowing consumer demand and increased competition – and has proposed a freeze on wages to address the issues.
South Korean yarn giant Hyosung is setting up a new manufacturing facility in Vietnam for its Mipan branded nylon.
Indian denim giant Arvind and German technical inspection company TÜV Rheinland have both become members of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) programme.
The granting of market economy status to China at the end of this year, and its subsequent treatment in anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations, has divided industry sectors on both sides of the Atlantic.
India's textile and apparel exports are forecast to grow by 6% in the next fiscal year, driven by additional incentives to improve competitiveness, expected growth in the garment sector, and higher fibre prices, new data shows.
The European Union (EU) and US are taking legal action against China over export restrictions it has placed on raw materials that could have implications for the garment and textile industry.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape