Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Security bills that expand the role of Japan's military overseas could result in China ramping up investments to protect its supply routes a...
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear com...
The world garment trade was transformed in August, writes Mike Flanagan, with the biggest casualty likely to be India’s plans to increase te...
Clothing and textile industry specialists have warned just-style that the Vietnam-European Union (EU) free-trade deal struck earlier this mo...
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
Yarn maker Unifi is expanding the global availability of its Repreve recycled fibre with new distributors in Turkey and Taiwan to help shorten local lead times, and is adding additional performance benefits to the line.
Slowing import demand in China, Brazil and other emerging economies, coupled with lower commodity prices, has prompted the World Trade Organization (WTO) to lower its forecast for world trade growth this year.
Men's wear business China Xiniya Fashion has moved to a loss in its second-quarter and booked lower revenues on the back of increased expenses and higher discounting.
The C&A Foundation, the charitable arm of fashion retailer C&A, has partnered with WWF India to promote the cultivation of organic cotton in the country.
Vietnam has released a new regulation that specifies requirements on the permitted amount of formaldehyde and azo dyes in textile products manufactured, imported and traded in the country.
Swedish fashion retail giant Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has opened its first store in India.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry