Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
International fashion brands and retailers are being urged to help build a more resilient cotton supply chain in China if they want to secur...
Changes taking place in China’s cotton sector offer both implications and opportunities for brands and retailers, according to a new report...
Vietnam’s apparel sector is set to receive a major boost from the signing of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, although the exte...
The Philippines' garment sector is expected to be a key beneficiary of the country's inclusion within the European Union's (EU) GSP+ scheme...
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
An initiative is launching next month in South Africa to grow a new type of grass that can be used to create zero-waste recyclable textiles.
Sri Lanka has said a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Bangladesh could boost current levels of bilateral trade by seven-fold, as talks get underway to secure a deal.
Pakistan’s exports of knitwear, ready-made garments and other textile and apparel products increased in January, but were offset by a fall in cotton shipments.
Fashion retailers Splash and Iconic have launched their first ‘fit’ accredited ranges following what is thought to be the first ever garment sizing, fit and development project carried out in the Middle East.
The Pakistan Textile Exporters Association has partnered with the International Labor Organization (ILO) to set out a framework aimed at improving productivity in the Faisalabad textile and garment industry through training and compliance.
Huntsman Textile Effects is to implement a Productivity Improvement Program (PIP) at a knitwear mill operated by Panko Vina Corporation in Vietnam.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide