Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environm...
Global apparel brands must boost innovation and put customers at the centre of their growth strategies in order to survive an increasingly c...
China, the world's top cotton consumer, has announced a significant reduction to its 2015 cotton import quota to boost demand for domestical...
A long-standing investment between two Hong Kong based companies - Crystal Group and Pacific Textiles Holdings - to set up a new fabric mill...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile Co has its sights firmly set on growing its global business. Earlier this month, as the company revealed plans to open an office in New York, Michelle Russell talked to Luthai general manager Liu Zibin about the rationale behind the move.
US warehouse retailer Costco is making its first move into China by opening an online store on Alibaba Group's Tmall global website.
Products made with child or prison labour or manufactured under poor working conditions in China continue to enter the US, according to a report by The Congressional-Executive Commission on China.
Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co (UTSC) has unveiled its new Sorbtek staple fibre, which it claims combines the comfort of cotton with the functionality of polyester.
Bestseller Fashion Group China (BFGC) has announced plans to implement a PLM solution provided by Centric Software to improve its business and support growth.
Authentic Brands Group has signed an agreement with Reliance Brands to launch Juicy Couture in India late next year.
Indian retail giant Future Group has formed an alliance with global online behemoth Amazon India in a bid to extend the reach of its apparel line in the country.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020