Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Europe
While global wool production for the 2014/2015 year is forecast to be at its lowest level for 70 years, its prospects for future growth are...
With World Water Week kicking off in Stockholm this Sunday (31 August), the need for better use of increasingly limited water resources will...
Decisions on where to focus supply chains involve a complicated mix of wages, productivity, energy costs, currency values and other factors...
The Better Work programme is set to expand its activities and influence over the next few years in an effort to drive up working conditions...
The momentum for 'Made in the UK' products might be growing in popularity - both with retailers and consumers - but a lack of skilled labour and an ageing workforce are weighing on its progress. One company working to reverse this is women's wear and nightwear fashion brand, David Nieper. Managing director Christopher Nieper tells Katie Smith why.
The arrival of new chief executive Peter Ruis at UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has seen the group shift to a more fashion-led focus. Eight months into the role, he talks to just-style about the group's sourcing ambitions, its focus on innovation, and Jigsaw's international expansion plans.
An initiative that claims to have closed the first circular chain in the textile industry with fully recyclable work wear, is to receive support to help scale its business globally.
Belgian underwear group Van de Velde saw its first-half net profit plummet 74.9%, due to declines at its Intimacy brand.
UK consumer confidence bounced back in August from a six-month low in the prior month, according to new figures.
Sporting goods giant Adidas Group is planning to set targets for its suppliers to switch to using only Bluesign approved chemicals in its supply chain.
Stemming the tide of decline in the core has to be the priority for Tesco, analysts believe, after the UK retailer today (29 August) issued another profit warning and said incoming CEO Dave Lewis will take up his new role a month early.
Women's wear, lingerie and accessories retailer Etam Group has booked an increase in earnings and sales in its first-half.
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Bangladesh workers in constructive employer talks
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report