Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Europe
More than 90 brands and retailers have committed to end the use of angora in their future clothing and accessories collections, following on...
Don't believe those New Year forecasts, warns Mike Flanagan, as he debunks a few stories about four issues that are likely to be important i...
It's no secret that Marks & Spencer has struggled to stem the losses in its clothing division. And with the unit's head Steve Rowe departing...
Last week just-style published its annual look at sourcing and supply chain issues likely to impact apparel and footwear firms in 2016. The...
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
Jason Denham has a relentless enthusiasm and passion for denim. He has been raising the bar on jeans innovation since he started out 20 years ago designing for Irish rock band U2, and his vision for growing his namesake brand includes using the most advanced washing techniques, high-end fabrics, and sustainable mills.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a new report which found Syrian refugee workers in Turkish clothing factories that supply the likes of Next and H&M, renewed fears for worker safety after the latest garment factory fire in Bangladesh, and an update from Under Armour on its competitive positioning.
German fashion brand Hugo Boss has appointed former Puma executive Reiner Hengstmann as senior head of global sustainability.
UK retail sales bounced back in January from their worst Christmas since 2008, with fashion being the strongest performer, thanks to extended discounts during the month.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media.
Price competition between fast fashion retailers Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) and Primark has now reached an equilibrium in the UK, according to an analyst evaluation, with Primark's prices now consistently around 60% lower than that of its rival.
Functional textile specialist Sympatex Technologies is extending its innovative footwear laminate for use in the occupational safety sector.
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024