Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Europe
A new tool that could bring greater transparency to complex global apparel supply chains has been developed by UK start-up Provenance. Based...
Fabrics, and the processes of joining them together, continue to evolve. One of the key factors that can deliver successful seam sealing and...
What sells when, and how to source ahead to make the most of it, is one of the biggest challenges facing fashion brands and retailers. But m...
Following the completion of Archroma's acquisition of BASF's textile chemicals business earlier this month, the company has set its sights o...
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
Jason Denham has a relentless enthusiasm and passion for denim. He has been raising the bar on jeans innovation since he started out 20 years ago designing for Irish rock band U2, and his vision for growing his namesake brand includes using the most advanced washing techniques, high-end fabrics, and sustainable mills.
World exports of denim fabric with a cotton content of less than 85% trebled over the five years to 2014 to reach a record high of US$1.7bn, a new report shows.
Hermès has pledged to take action against suppliers who do not respect animal welfare regulations after an investigation exposed violations at the French luxury group's tanneries.
Printing specialist Epson has unveiled two new dye-sublimation printers capable of producing high-quality printed textiles, such as clothing and sportswear.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at VF Corp's interest in Africa as a sourcing destination, how G-Star Raw is pushing the boundaries of denim, and the launch of a metallised thread antenna for a new "revolutionary" RFID tag.
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has said its full-year profit will beat forecasts, thanks to better than expected first-half sales, but warned currency headwinds will impact margins.
Confidence among UK consumers dropped in July, falling from levels not seen since the nineties or early days of the noughties.
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects