Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Europe
Mike Flanagan spent the first six months of 2016 campaigning to stay in the EU. Not once, he writes, did I hear my opponents – or anyone in...
One month after the UK’s Brexit referendum vote to leave the European Union (EU), the British clothing industry has been weighing up the imm...
Shoes sold as Italian or German-made are being assembled in poor Eastern European countries by workers on "starvation wages", a new report c...
French luxury and sportswear group Kering is starting to use its annual environmental profit and loss (EP&L) report as a tool to drive decis...
With a business model focused on offering the lowest prices on the high street, value fashion chain Primark is constantly questioned over its commitment to a range of ethical and environmental retail issues. Paul Lister, responsible for Primark’s ethical trading team, tells just-style "the strength of a brand's ethics is not about a price point" – and that close engagement with the supply chain is key.
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
As Great Britain's Olympic medallists touched down on home soil today (23 August), Simon Jersey, the British designer of the team's kit, is hoping for a legacy of its own from the games thanks to the interest in the athletes' flashing shoes.
A new textile finish has been developed that provides a sensory cooling effect and is aimed at products for therapeutic use and for treating sports injuries.
UK retailer JD Sports is keeping tight-lipped regarding reports it is eyeing an acquisition of rival retailer Go Outdoors.
As part of its commitment to responsible sourcing, global sourcing giant Li & Fung has joined the Foreign Trade Association (FTA), becoming a participant of its Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), which aims to help improve working conditions in factories globally.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media.
Italian mannequin producer Lideimmagine has partnered with JSP, the world leader in the production of high performance engineering material Arpro, to create a 'greener' and more cost-effective solution.
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis