Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
"The outdoors is not just for the hardcore outdoorsman," declared NPD's chief industry analyst for sports and leisure trends, Marshal Cohen,...
The role played by factoring in the apparel supply chain came under the spotlight last week with reports suggesting that factoring companies...
Gap CEO Glenn Murphy recently announced his decision to step down in February. He joined Gap as chief executive in 2007. Since then he has b...
Spurred on by the back-to-school season and fears of potential disruption to shipments of holiday merchandise amid the dockworkers contract...
Hot on the heels of expanding its Dockers brand license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co for the third time in four months, Hampshire Group CEO Paul Buxbaum is optimistic the company turnaround is starting to take hold. Here he talks to just-style about new opportunities and on-going efforts to leverage the firm's supply chain.
Founded in 1923, North Carolina-based Burlington Industries has spent the last 90 years transforming itself into the world's largest textile manufacturer. Here, president Jeff Peck talks to Michelle Russell about the secrets to the company's success, the ongoing challenges facing the textile industry, and what the future is likely to hold.
Around 104 organisations - including those representing US apparel, retail and footwear firms - have joined forces to urge unions to conclude West Coast ports talks amid growing concerns over delayed shipments.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is facing challenges in responding to product safety risks and is reviewing potential improvements, a US government report has stated.
Apparel maker Aalfs Uno SA is implementing NGC's Shop Floor Control platform to help manage operations at its denim and twill manufacturing plant in Nicaragua.
Leading international brands including H&M, Eddie Bauer, The North Face and Marmot have committed to using responsibly sourced and traceable down in their products.
An annual survey has found that consumers plan to increase their spending this holiday season, with online sales set to take an even greater share of the prize than last year.
US footwear business Crocs has made a number of key management appointments intended to help the company to turn its fortunes around.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam