Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
Skills or new technology: which gives better leverage to a manufacturing country? This question has been posed to global garment industry ex...
Apparel and footwear giant VF Corporation has said that reducing costs in its global supply chain has given it a competitive advantage as it...
Global garment industry expert David Birnbaum has agreed to share his advice and opinions by answering questions from just-style readers on...
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has said the “volatile” and “unpredictable” delays occurring on the West Coast ports could adversely affect it...
Levi Strauss & Co is returning to its roots. The denim stalwart, which has been battling sluggish traffic trends, international challenges and a revolution in activewear, is looking to re-establish leadership in its sector. A touch of nostalgia, plenty of innovation, adjustments in sourcing strategy, and global expansion are all part of the plan. just-style talks with Seth Ellison, the group's president for Europe.
Hot on the heels of expanding its Dockers brand license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co for the third time in four months, Hampshire Group CEO Paul Buxbaum is optimistic the company turnaround is starting to take hold. Here he talks to just-style about new opportunities and on-going efforts to leverage the firm's supply chain.
US department store retailer JC Penney saw its share price fall 9% after moving to a loss in its fourth-quarter.
Lingerie, sleepwear and sock manufacturer Delta Galil Industries said it remains open to strategic acquisitions as it booked an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales.
US off-price fashion retailer Ross Stores has booked fourth-quarter earnings and sales ahead of its expectations and offered a positive outlook for the next fiscal.
Department store retailer Kohl's Corporation showed “significant improvement” in its fourth-quarter as sales and earnings both increased.
Children's wear company Carter's said it saw good demand for its brands in the final months of the year as it booked an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales.
US footwear business Crocs has narrowed its losses in the fourth quarter but said it expects sales in its first-quarter to be down on declines in its China business.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide