Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
"The outdoors is not just for the hardcore outdoorsman," declared NPD's chief industry analyst for sports and leisure trends, Marshal Cohen,...
The role played by factoring in the apparel supply chain came under the spotlight last week with reports suggesting that factoring companies...
Gap CEO Glenn Murphy recently announced his decision to step down in February. He joined Gap as chief executive in 2007. Since then he has b...
Spurred on by the back-to-school season and fears of potential disruption to shipments of holiday merchandise amid the dockworkers contract...
Hot on the heels of expanding its Dockers brand license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co for the third time in four months, Hampshire Group CEO Paul Buxbaum is optimistic the company turnaround is starting to take hold. Here he talks to just-style about new opportunities and on-going efforts to leverage the firm's supply chain.
Founded in 1923, North Carolina-based Burlington Industries has spent the last 90 years transforming itself into the world's largest textile manufacturer. Here, president Jeff Peck talks to Michelle Russell about the secrets to the company's success, the ongoing challenges facing the textile industry, and what the future is likely to hold.
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor has revealed second-quarter earnings and sales that beat analyst estimates.
Gerber Technology is preparing to launch a new version of its AccuMark garment development and pattern-making tool with integrated 3D visualisation of designs and corrections.
Virtual fitting room developer Fits.me has received EUR4.2m (US$5.3m) from its CEO and existing investors in a management buy-in.
US clothing retailer Gap Inc is to open its first Old Navy Stores in the Middle East through a deal with franchisees Fawaz A Alhokair & Co and Azadea.
Performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand Under Armour has upped its full-year guidance as it revealed an increase in third-quarter earnings and sales.
US shoe maker Skechers USA saw its share price slide after recording third-quarter earnings that were hurt by foreign exchange losses and warehousing costs.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre