Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
US retailers ramped up stocks for the start of the back-to-school season in July, pushing apparel imports for the month up by 13.4%, accordi...
Against an improving economic backdrop and a highly promotional retail environment, back-to-school shopping helped to push comparable store...
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co is aiming to remove the logos from its garments on sale in North America by next spring as it f...
The second biggest shopping season of the year is drawing to a close, but it appears many people have yet to wrap up their back-to-school bu...
Hot on the heels of expanding its Dockers brand license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co for the third time in four months, Hampshire Group CEO Paul Buxbaum is optimistic the company turnaround is starting to take hold. Here he talks to just-style about new opportunities and on-going efforts to leverage the firm's supply chain.
Founded in 1923, North Carolina-based Burlington Industries has spent the last 90 years transforming itself into the world's largest textile manufacturer. Here, president Jeff Peck talks to Michelle Russell about the secrets to the company's success, the ongoing challenges facing the textile industry, and what the future is likely to hold.
US negotiators involved in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) talks have wrapped up another round of meetings in Vietnam, but admit a number of remaining issues have yet to be resolved.
An increase in consumer confidence and spending in August helped to boost US retail sales, with clothing a particular bright spot.
Ann Inc has once again moved to defend its position after investors have again urged the women's apparel group to explore strategic alternatives, including a sale of the company.
Macy's says it is seeing "tangible results" from its adoption of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology as the department store retailer looks to build its omnichannel capabilities.
Industry groups are to meet at the beginning of next month to discuss the potential for a Fiber & Textile Innovation Manufacturing Institute that would serve as regional hub of innovation to boost US competitiveness.
Fabric manufacturer PrimaLoft has developed a high performance down blend that it says is the next generation of apparel insulation.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details