Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
Performance footwear and apparel brand Under Armour is evolving thanks to the launch of a new brand that will broaden its appeal to a more m...
The fast fashion model, in all its guises, is ensuring some retailers thrive in spite of challenging market conditions. Here, Bob McKee, ind...
The Central American garment industries in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras must continue investing in growth and ensure factories are sa...
While the fashion industry still grapples to find the best ways to leverage the business benefits of 3D design and virtual prototyping tools...
With pressure mounting on the outdoor apparel industry to eliminate hazardous chemicals from products and production processes, The North Face is using tools developed by parent company VF Corp to help it work towards its goals. And for sustainability manager James Rogers, the key to reducing overall chemical use is to take a holistic view of the entire supply chain.
Patagonia's goal of building "the world’s most socially and environmentally responsible supply chain" has made the outdoor wear specialist something of a pioneer in its industry. Cara Chacon, the group's director of social & environmental responsibility, however, is quick to admit that despite its successes, the company is far from perfect.
Peru and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have become the latest to ratify the World Trade Organization's (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) – making a total of four countries this month to have done so and a further sign of support for the landmark global deal.
A bipartisan group of US lawmakers is putting pressure on the Obama administration to extend duty-free benefits to travel goods from all Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) eligible countries.
In the most recent second-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Skechers missed analyst estimates as it revealed earnings hit by one-off charges, while Under Armour grew its top line thanks to strong sales in its domestic and international businesses, Wolverine delivered better-than-expected results while Carter's Inc achieved its sale and earnings objectives but Rocky Brands is "disappointed" with its results and Sequential Brands has reiterated its fiscal year guidance.
The latest functional fabrics made with CoolVisions dyeable polypropylene filament also feature additional comfort and fit benefits provided by Creora Eco-Soft spandex.
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands has offered an optimistic outlook despite booking a drop in sales in its first-quarter and a widening of its net loss.
US-based down and feather processor Downlite, which supplies responsibly sourced performance fills to the outdoor apparel market, is expanding its Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified supply chain in Europe and Asia.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- China remains powerhouse for footwear sourcing
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Gap joins Better Cotton Initiative
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020