Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
First feedback on last week's launch of the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark has welcomed the move – but warns against drawing conclusions t...
Over the past four years, the United States and the European Union (EU) have been negotiating the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partne...
In the modern apparel industry, change is rapid. Consumer behaviours and perceptions are shifting. Cost pressures are intensifying. And whil...
Driving the cost out of your returns process and rethinking whatever programme you have in place is a must in today's highly competitive ret...
After working for the past seven years on a set of tools to measure the social and environmental impact of apparel and footwear production, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition has shared little evidence to suggest how, or even if, companies are using it. But the group is now ready to tackle transparency head-on with a raft of new activities and products, Jason Kibbey, CEO of the global alliance, tells just-style.
With pressure mounting on the outdoor apparel industry to eliminate hazardous chemicals from products and production processes, The North Face is using tools developed by parent company VF Corp to help it work towards its goals. And for sustainability manager James Rogers, the key to reducing overall chemical use is to take a holistic view of the entire supply chain.
US outdoor sporting goods retailer Sportsman's Warehouse has tapped former Walmart executive, Jon Barker, as president and chief operating officer, assuming responsibility for the company's supply chain.
A new strategic partnership announced today (27 March) has the potential to help apparel brands and retailers make better fitting clothes by giving them access to big data and analysis on the shape and size of the diverse and complex US consumer population.
The European Commission is mulling a ten-fold hike in the duty paid on imports of some women’s and girls’ jeans imported into the European Union from the United States.
G-III Apparel Group has inked an exclusive licensing agreement with Macy's for its recently acquired DKNY brand, in a move that will see the retailer serve as the sole US department store for sales of DKNY women's apparel and accessories.
Hong Kong-based global sourcing specialist Li & Fung has inked a new deal to create the "supply chain of the future" for PVH Corp, owner of the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) and Australian non-governmental organisation Walk Free Foundation are partnering to research the scale of modern slavery around the world.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing