Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
New twists and turns are taking place on the trade front almost daily, largely driven by the UK’s Brexit vote to leave the EU and the Trump...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order b...
US apparel import volumes declined in December as the holiday season came to an end. But while shipments from Vietnam continue on an upward...
A rapidly changing economic and political climate, the relationship between trade and job creation in the US, plans for a Border Adjustment...
After working for the past seven years on a set of tools to measure the social and environmental impact of apparel and footwear production, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition has shared little evidence to suggest how, or even if, companies are using it. But the group is now ready to tackle transparency head-on with a raft of new activities and products, Jason Kibbey, CEO of the global alliance, tells just-style.
With pressure mounting on the outdoor apparel industry to eliminate hazardous chemicals from products and production processes, The North Face is using tools developed by parent company VF Corp to help it work towards its goals. And for sustainability manager James Rogers, the key to reducing overall chemical use is to take a holistic view of the entire supply chain.
A new US$136m project is being launched in New York City to create a ‘Made in NY’ hub for garment manufacturing.
Chemicals manufacturer Huntsman Corporation has offered a positive outlook as it revealed higher earnings and sales in its fourth-quarter, with a solid performance from its advanced materials and textile effects business.
US apparel giant VF Corporation, owner of the North Face and Timberland brands, said it expects revenue to decline in the first half of 2017 after revealing a fall in both sales and earnings for the fourth quarter and fiscal 2016.
The European Union’s controversial free trade agreement with Canada has been approved by the European Parliament, in a move that means the deal could apply provisionally from April 2017.
Kate Spade may be up for sale after the apparel and accessories business acknowledged it is exploring options as it revealed higher fourth-quarter earnings and sales.
Sporting goods chain MC Sports is to shutter all 66 of its stores across the Midwest, after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this week.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar