Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
Concerns about market competition in the United States have for the first time surpassed worries about rising production and sourcing costs,...
Taking a closer look at threats by Donald Trump to slap steep tariffs on US imports from China, Robert Antoshak, managing director at Olah I...
Significant structural changes are needed across the apparel supply chain in order to create a more consistent, faster and efficient sourcin...
Honduras is set to more than double apparel exports and production as part of a new $3.4bn development plan, according to a top industry exe...
Patagonia's goal of building "the world’s most socially and environmentally responsible supply chain" has made the outdoor wear specialist something of a pioneer in its industry. Cara Chacon, the group's director of social & environmental responsibility, however, is quick to admit that despite its successes, the company is far from perfect.
In the first part of this two-part interview, Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus, discussed how easy access to capital and technology is shaking up the retail industry. Here he talks about its impact on apparel production.
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo has declined to comment regarding reports it is scaling down its US operations, closing five of its US stores since January.
Industrial biotechnology company Cathay Industrial Biotech is expanding its production capability in China's Xinjiang province to manufacture bio-based intermediates used to manufacture bio-based nylon.
Terry Lundgren, the CEO of US department store retailer Macy's, is to step down after 13 years at the helm, making way for Jeff Gennette to transition into the role.
Legislation to overhaul US chemical control regulations was signed into law by President Obama earlier this week.
America's textile industry has lauded a decision by Congress to preserve critical requirements that required the Department of Defense (DOD) to buy US-made textiles, clothing, and footwear.
US clothing giant VF Corp has achieved LEED platinum certification for its international headquarters in Switzerland.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts