Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
Two separate pieces of research are calling for a new approach to the garment factory auditing process, claiming that not only is there a ne...
Investment in technology and the utilisation of data will be key if retailers are to do more to meet customers' expectations and engage with...
One of the first battlegrounds of the new Trump administration is shaping up to be a possible revamp of the US tax system with an alternativ...
Retail's 'Big Show', the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention & Expo, which took place in New York this week, is an annual opportu...
After working for the past seven years on a set of tools to measure the social and environmental impact of apparel and footwear production, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition has shared little evidence to suggest how, or even if, companies are using it. But the group is now ready to tackle transparency head-on with a raft of new activities and products, Jason Kibbey, CEO of the global alliance, tells just-style.
With pressure mounting on the outdoor apparel industry to eliminate hazardous chemicals from products and production processes, The North Face is using tools developed by parent company VF Corp to help it work towards its goals. And for sustainability manager James Rogers, the key to reducing overall chemical use is to take a holistic view of the entire supply chain.
While progress has been made in talks on the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) pact, the EU and US have this week outlined areas where significant work remains to be done.
Sri Lankan apparel and fabric manufacturing conglomerate MAS Holdings and certification body Oeko-Tex are among six new companies that have pledged a commitment to the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) group.
A new integrated approach to labour practices, including "meaningful auditing that goes beyond ensuring basic compliances," is being proposed as a solution to improve standards in global garment value chains.
Supply chain solutions specialist NEJ Inc has announced the acquisition of premium men’s sportswear designer Bills Khakis from private equity firm Source Capital, LLC.
Canada's largest retailer Loblaw has named its supply chain chief, Sarah Davis, as president of the company.
Online giant Amazon is expanding it supply chain capacity with the opening of a third facility in Maryland; a 1.2m sq ft fulfillment centre in North East, which will create 700 new jobs in the town.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016