Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in North America
With abundant growth opportunities in the pipeline at Under Armour, the performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand has said it aims...
Sporting goods Nike is raising its prices at a time when other companies are turning to increased markdowns and heavy promotional activity t...
Hanesbrands has praised the efficiency of its supply chain, describing it as "a clear contributor" to earnings, helping the underwear maker...
After booking a double-digit increase in second-quarter profit, driven by revenue growth at its outdoor and action sport apparel segment, it...
Founded in 1923, North Carolina-based Burlington Industries has spent the last 90 years transforming itself into the world's largest textile manufacturer. Here, president Jeff Peck talks to Michelle Russell about the secrets to the company's success, the ongoing challenges facing the textile industry, and what the future is likely to hold.
There has been a lot of talk in recent years about the need to develop more strategic relationships between retailers and their suppliers to improve flexibility and add value across the supply chain. But according to Mark Green, executive vice president of the global supply chain at apparel giant PVH, the biggest changes in sourcing are yet to come.
Footwear companies are facing ever higher levels of compliance challenges thanks to increasing regulation, according to new research.
More than 20 people were arrested at an REI store in the US amid protests at the retailer’s ties with outdoor brand The North Face, which is accused of worker rights violations in Bangladesh.
Destination Maternity has reported a drop in earnings in its third-quarter as revenues also fell.
Iconix Brand Group has upped its earnings guidance for the full year, despite booking a drop in second-quarter profit.
VF Corp outdoor brand The North Face has committed to using 100% recycled content for all of its polyester fabric by 2016.
Environmental and sustainability certification SCS Global Services has released its updated recycled content certification standard.
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015