Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
Australian surfwear company Billabong says it is “making good progress” in its turnaround efforts after posting its first full year profit s...
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
South African retail group Woolworths Holdings has appointed former M&S clothing director John Dixon as CEO of its David Jones business.
Ailing Australian department store retailer Myer Holdings has revealed plans to raise AUD221m (US$155.7m) to fund a new turnaround plan, after seeing its full-year profit plummet.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has booked its first annual profit in four years, with the benefit of its efficiency measures expected to be seen over the course of the next fiscal.
Australian apparel group Pacific Brands has said it will develop a sustainable, lean global supply chain and mitigate the impact of foreign exchange on its margins after narrowing its full-year loss.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has selected JustEnough Software's retail planning solutions to help transform its planning and replenishment processes across all its brands globally.
US retail group The TJX Companies has signed an agreement to purchase Australian off-price fashion retailer Trade Secret.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry