Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, involving 12 nations and covering 40% of the world economy, has finally been signed by minis...
Australian surfwear company Billabong says it is “making good progress” in its turnaround efforts after posting its first full year profit s...
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Researchers in Australia have developed a new smart fabric that mimics the sophisticated and complex properties of human bone tissue, that they say could be used to create protective suits that stiffen under high impact.
The International Wool Textile Organisation (IWTO) is hitting back at the "misconception that wool can cause an allergic reaction" after recent claims the new wool-blend uniforms issued to American Airlines flight attendants have led to health issues including hives, rashes, headaches, coughing and burning skin.
Australian surfwear company Billabong International is looking to sell some of its smaller labels in a bid to focus on its three "big brands" — Billabong, RVCA and Element – and drive down debt.
Fast fashion brand Zara has opened its first store in New Zealand, as part of ongoing plans by parent company Inditex to increase its presence in the south hemisphere.
A shipment of cotton has become the first physical commodity to be traded and settled by banks using a blockchain-based smart contract system.
Australia's sourcing event for the apparel, accessories and textile industry returns to Melbourne in November, promising a professional platform for international sourcing, learning and networking.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar