Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over...
Australia is increasingly becoming a nation of online shoppers, as the strength of the Australian dollar, combined with the ease of purchasi...
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Australian apparel, footwear and accessories retailer Oroton Group has booked a double-digit increase in full-year profit, helped by strong revenue growth.
A new natural wool wadding, which claims to have "unbeatable" temperature control, moisture management and breathability has been developed for use in sports apparel.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has tapped two industry veterans to drive its global supply chain strategy.
Australasian children's wear brand Pumpkin Patch has described trading for the start of fiscal 2015 as "encouraging", and said its strategic change process is "well underway".
Surfwear-led business Billabong International says its turnaround strategy is working after full-year losses were reduced and sales rose in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Pacific Brands has moved to a net loss in its full-year and announced the divestment of its workwear business in a deal worth AUD18m.
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- H&M to work with ILO on sustainable supply chains
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report