Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over...
Australia is increasingly becoming a nation of online shoppers, as the strength of the Australian dollar, combined with the ease of purchasi...
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Surfwear-led business Billabong International says its turnaround strategy is working after full-year losses were reduced and sales rose in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Pacific Brands has moved to a net loss in its full-year and announced the divestment of its workwear business in a deal worth AUD18m.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has sold its online surfwear assets as it moves to a direct-to-consumer omni-channel model across its global operations.
Australia's cotton industry is anticipating a significantly reduced yield in the 2014/15 harvest if the ongoing drought in the country's cotton-growing regions does not ease.
Retailer Target Australia has disclosed the locations of its supplier factories in Bangladesh – a move welcomed by charity Oxfam.
David Jones CEO Paul Zahra has stepped down less than a month after South African retail group Woolworths Holdings was given the go-ahead to acquire the Australian department store operator.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report