Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, involving 12 nations and covering 40% of the world economy, has finally been signed by minis...
Australian surfwear company Billabong says it is “making good progress” in its turnaround efforts after posting its first full year profit s...
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Hanesbrands, one of the world's largest underwear and activewear apparel manufacturers, has acquired Australia's leading underwear and intimates firm Pacific Brands in an US$800m deal.
Continuing to improve traceability will remain one of the most important challenges for the garment industry, a new report suggests, as it reveals only a small percentage of companies know where all of their raw materials come from.
Researchers in Australia have developed self-cleaning textiles that destroy dirt when exposed to light.
Ailing surfwear business Quiksilver has completed what it describes as the final step of a successful restructuring, reducing its debt balance by over AUD550m (US$414.4m).
Australian surfwear company Billabong has moved to a loss in its first-half as a result of declines in North America and a weaker Australian dollar.
Australian apparel group Pacific Brands has upped its full-year guidance as it revealed a move into profit in its first-half and sales growth across all major brands.
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals