Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
Australian surfwear company Billabong says it is “making good progress” in its turnaround efforts after posting its first full year profit s...
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Animal rights group PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is again calling for retailers and consumers to boycott wool products after its latest investigation exposed the "gruesome mutilation" and abuse of sheep in the wool industry, across three continents.
Billabong saw its share price plummet this week after it revealed sales and margins in its new financial year have come under pressure from the weaker dollar and subdued trading in North America.
A 39% reduction in the size of Australia's cotton crop caused by dry weather conditions and lower irrigation water supplies contributed to a profit slide for cotton dealer Namoi Cotton Co-operative in its first-half.
Struggling surfwear business Quiksilver has had its final financing package fully approved by the bankruptcy court, allowing it to continue operating in the US and abroad.
South African retail group Woolworths Holdings has appointed former M&S clothing director John Dixon as CEO of its David Jones business.
Ailing Australian department store retailer Myer Holdings has revealed plans to raise AUD221m (US$155.7m) to fund a new turnaround plan, after seeing its full-year profit plummet.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015