Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, involving 12 nations and covering 40% of the world economy, has finally been signed by minis...
Australian surfwear company Billabong says it is “making good progress” in its turnaround efforts after posting its first full year profit s...
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Australia's sourcing event for the apparel, accessories and textile industry returns to Melbourne in November, promising a professional platform for international sourcing, learning and networking.
Australian surfwear company Billabong International is to pay AUD45m (US$34.3m) to settle a class action lawsuit relating to the collapse of its share price five years ago.
Wearable sensor company StretchSense has secured key funding from Japan’s largest online apparel retailer, which will propel it to its next phase of growth.
Australian surfwear company Billabong International is to sell its skate hardware brand Sector 9 for US$12m.
Italian wool mill Successori Reda has signed a new US$45m, five-year contract to use wool from the New Zealand Merino Company (NZM) in its high-end suiting fabrics and active product ranges.
Hanesbrands, one of the world's largest underwear and activewear apparel manufacturers, has acquired Australia's leading underwear and intimates firm Pacific Brands in an US$800m deal.
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- US strengthens cooperation with East Africa
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras