Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over...
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Grant O’Brien, the CEO of Woolworths Australia, is to end his 28-year career with the retailer after announcing his decision to retire.
Struggling Australian department store retailer Myer Holdings has hired a new CFO as it continues to rebuild its senior team and finalise a new strategy.
Surf-led fashion business Quiksilver said its second-quarter performance came in largely as expected, despite declines in sales and margins.
Australasian children's wear brand Pumpkin Patch has said it will continue to focus on initiatives to improve its performance - effectively abandoning plans to find a buyer for the struggling business.
Australian retail business Oroton Group saw its earnings slide in the first half as the company worked through a period of brand repositioning and expansion of its distribution reach.
Ryan Drexler, president of private equity firm Consac and Quiksilver shareholder, has again called on the board to consider a sale.
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015