Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over...
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Ailing surfwear business Billabong International returned to profitability in its first half, but cautioned that the company’s turnaround strategy remained in its early stages.
Australian apparel group Pacific Brands slid to a first half loss thanks to impairment charges of A$138.5m, incurred due to a change of approach and currency depreciation.
The Australian arm of international fashion business G-Star Raw has gone into voluntary administration.
Retail business Oroton Group warned first-half earnings were likely to decline by up to AUD3.5m (US$2.9m) on last year, thanks to lower sales and higher than expected levels of discounting at Christmas.
Surf-led fashion business Quiksilver has completed the sale of its majority stake in Surfdome to Australia's SurfStitch Group.
Surf-led apparel business Quiksilver has booked a mixed set of results with sales falling but losses narrowing in its fourth-quarter thanks to the completion of its restructuring.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide