Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Oceania
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
Simplicity is the key to restoring fortunes at beleaguered surf-led apparel business Billabong, according to new CEO Neil Fiske....
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over...
Bodyline was one of the first factories set up by Sri Lankan apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings in partnership with Victoria's Secret and Triumph. Looking back over the past 20 years, the company's CEO Dilan Gooneratne tells Petah Marian about the challenges Bodyline faced, and how the business was turned around in the midst of the economic crisis.
Trendy Australian fashion retailer Sportsgirl has spent the last five years working to establish a presence in all areas of its customers' lives. CEO Elle Roseby spoke to Petah Marian about how the 63-year-old brand has managed to remain relevant for its internet-savvy shoppers.
Surf-led fashion business Quiksilver has made a number of management appointments, including the promotion of president Pierre Agnes to CEO and the appointment of a new CFO.
Myer Holdings said trading conditions were “challenging” in the second quarter, only improving in late December, as it revealed a decline in first-half earnings and margins.
Australian department store retailer Myer Holdings has promoted chief information and supply officer Richard Umbers as its new chief executive officer and managing director with immediate effect, following the resignation of Bernie Brookes.
Ailing surfwear business Billabong International returned to profitability in its first half, but cautioned that the company’s turnaround strategy remained in its early stages.
Australian apparel group Pacific Brands slid to a first half loss thanks to impairment charges of A$138.5m, incurred due to a change of approach and currency depreciation.
The Australian arm of international fashion business G-Star Raw has gone into voluntary administration.
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Apparel software trends 2015: What else to watch?
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide