Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
Senior figures within the global cotton industry are considering promoting sales of their fibre proactively for the first time, as price shi...
Peru plans to double its textile and apparel exports by 2017 and invest over $60m to promote its key designer brands in international market...
Colombia's clothing export sector is eyeing Europe as a key market for diversifying its sales away from a reliance on the United States and...
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Adriano Goldschmied, the creator of iconic denim lines Diesel, Replay and AG Adriano Goldschmied and adviser to many other denim brands, is joining the speaker line-up at the annual IAF World Fashion convention taking place later this month.
The Brazilian Cotton Growers Association (ABRAPA) is to set up a national cotton database in a bid to provide greater transparency and quality assurance of its raw fibre.
With less than a month to go before the start of its annual World Fashion convention, the International Apparel Federation (IAF) has released more details of the line-up, which includes speakers from Desigual and Disney, McKinsey and the World Bank.
Trade union leaders from Latin America’s textile, garment, footwear and leather sectors have met to discuss how to use international connections to build union power.
Details are starting to emerge on the next International Apparel Federation (IAF) World Fashion Convention, which takes place later this year in Medellín, Colombia.
Thousands of counterfeit sporting goods have been intercepted during an international enforcement operation in the run up to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- China consumption growth to bring major change
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Adidas taps Nike designers for new creative studio
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Columbia Sportswear hires global manufacturing VP
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm