Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Colombian textile and apparel firms are striving to boost their fast-fashion and value-added capabilities as a soaring dollar fuels US deman...
Colombia needs a free-trade deal with Brazil, to fix a US cumulation dispute, and boost financing for export-hungry enterprises, if it is to...
Argentina's textile and apparel industry is facing a flat 2015 amid falling consumption, exports and profits – but the new boss of industry...
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is boosting innovation with a string of brands highlighting products featuring coffee-based fibres,...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
The World Trade Organzation (WTO) has upheld an earlier decision that Colombia has broken world trade rules over a tariff it imposed on imports of textiles, apparel and footwear from Panama.
Full package Colombian apparel manufacturer Zoe Moda has seen a 20% increase in overall efficiency at its at its facility in Medellin in just one month after adopting a new shopfloor control solution.
A US Department of Labour report has raised significant concerns about workers' rights and labour law enforcement in Peru's textile and apparel sectors – leading to new questions regarding the labour rights record of a key member of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
Colombia's apparel industry will be hoping its latest matchmaking forum will contribute to boosting the country's export network, this year hosting over 2,000 suppliers and 1,000 international buyers.
Innovation, leading-edge technology and intelligent fabrics are some of the key factors expected to drive the Colombian textile industry in 2016.
Colombia is appealing a recent decision by the World Trade Organzation (WTO) that it was breaking world trade rules over a tariff it imposed on imports of textiles, apparel and footwear from Panama.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts