Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Colombia’s textile and apparel industry is expected to grow 13% to over $11bn this year – more than double last year's rate – driven by stro...
Colombian textile and apparel firms are striving to boost their fast-fashion and value-added capabilities as a soaring dollar fuels US deman...
Colombia needs a free-trade deal with Brazil, to fix a US cumulation dispute, and boost financing for export-hungry enterprises, if it is to...
Argentina's textile and apparel industry is facing a flat 2015 amid falling consumption, exports and profits – but the new boss of industry...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Brazilian fashion giant La Moda has given its business a production makeover as part of a collaboration with Lectra which has seen the adoption of a new design solution from the technology specialist.
Senegal and Uruguay have become the latest countries to ratify the World Trade Organization's (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) in a further sign of support for the landmark global deal.
Peru’s struggling textiles and apparel industry could lose thousands of jobs if the government fails to stem a flood of sub- or undervalued Asian imports, according to industry association Sociedad Nacional de Industrias (SNI).
Textile chemicals specialist Archroma has added a digital feature to its cotton poplin colour library allowing users to access it easier on the go.
The World Trade Organzation (WTO) has upheld an earlier decision that Colombia has broken world trade rules over a tariff it imposed on imports of textiles, apparel and footwear from Panama.
Full package Colombian apparel manufacturer Zoe Moda has seen a 20% increase in overall efficiency at its at its facility in Medellin in just one month after adopting a new shopfloor control solution.
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras