Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is boosting innovation with a string of brands highlighting products featuring coffee-based fibres,...
Global apparel brands must boost innovation and put customers at the centre of their growth strategies in order to survive an increasingly c...
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
Senior figures within the global cotton industry are considering promoting sales of their fibre proactively for the first time, as price shi...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Five textile industry unions have joined forces to call for better legislation and collective bargaining to improve “precarious” work conditions in Argentina's textile sector.
A number of US and Peruvian human rights and union groups have filed a complaint alleging Peru's government failed to enforce basic garment sector labour laws under the terms of a free trade pact.
Inditex has moved to dismiss claims that its Zara retail fashion business has failed to resolve “numerous labour rights violations” in its supply chain in Brazil.
Brazilian footwear firms are stepping up their export efforts as part of a BRL41.4m (US$15.7m) programme over the next two years to target new customers in the US, Mexico, Colombia, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, China and Russia.
Ecuador is poised to enjoy enhanced trading status with the European Union after the signing of a protocol between the two parties.
Premiere Vision Sao Paulo is boosting its presence in Brazil with plans to add a space for apparel manufacturers to broaden its services to meet needs of the whole garment-making chain.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry