Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Global apparel brands must boost innovation and put customers at the centre of their growth strategies in order to survive an increasingly c...
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
Senior figures within the global cotton industry are considering promoting sales of their fibre proactively for the first time, as price shi...
Peru plans to double its textile and apparel exports by 2017 and invest over $60m to promote its key designer brands in international market...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Inditex has moved to dismiss claims that its Zara retail fashion business has failed to resolve “numerous labour rights violations” in its supply chain in Brazil.
Brazilian footwear firms are stepping up their export efforts as part of a BRL41.4m (US$15.7m) programme over the next two years to target new customers in the US, Mexico, Colombia, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, China and Russia.
Ecuador is poised to enjoy enhanced trading status with the European Union after the signing of a protocol between the two parties.
Premiere Vision Sao Paulo is boosting its presence in Brazil with plans to add a space for apparel manufacturers to broaden its services to meet needs of the whole garment-making chain.
Dutch chemicals and coatings group Stahl, which already owns most of Clariant's Leather Services Business following a deal earlier this year, has now added the company's remaining operations in Brazil to its portfolio.
Trade fair organiser Messe Frankfurt has expanded its portfolio of specialist textile and garment industry trade fairs by taking over three Argentinean events: Emitex, Simatex and Confemaq.
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015