Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Colombia’s textile and apparel industry is expected to grow 13% to over $11bn this year – more than double last year's rate – driven by stro...
Colombian textile and apparel firms are striving to boost their fast-fashion and value-added capabilities as a soaring dollar fuels US deman...
Colombia needs a free-trade deal with Brazil, to fix a US cumulation dispute, and boost financing for export-hungry enterprises, if it is to...
Argentina's textile and apparel industry is facing a flat 2015 amid falling consumption, exports and profits – but the new boss of industry...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Lojas Riachuelo, Brazil's largest apparel department store chain, has achieved huge savings from gradually reducing its Chinese sourcing to 25% from 40% and investing BRL200m (US$64m) in a new distribution centre.
Venezuela's Telares Maracai and Dominican Republic's Grupo M are eyeing a joint venture to produce denim and jeanswear for the latter's US clients.
Argentina has issued new regulations for the import of textile and footwear products that requires exporters to state the composition of fibres or materials contained in the product.
The European Commission has set out quotas for duty-free imports on certain products – including clothing items – from Ecuador under a free trade agreement that will provisionally apply from the beginning of the year.
Value retailer C&A has joined forces with Brazilian sustainable fashion project Malha to find new ways to produce and consume fashion more sustainably and collaboratively.
Chile and Swaziland have become the latest countries to ratify the World Trade Organization's (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) in yet another sign of support for the landmark global deal.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022