Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Colombia’s textile and apparel industry is expected to grow 13% to over $11bn this year – more than double last year's rate – driven by stro...
Colombian textile and apparel firms are striving to boost their fast-fashion and value-added capabilities as a soaring dollar fuels US deman...
Colombia needs a free-trade deal with Brazil, to fix a US cumulation dispute, and boost financing for export-hungry enterprises, if it is to...
Argentina's textile and apparel industry is facing a flat 2015 amid falling consumption, exports and profits – but the new boss of industry...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Ministers and officials representing the 12 countries of the now-abandoned Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement, plus China and South Korea, met to discuss a way forward this week, but a decision on a new trade pact is yet to be agreed.
Brand management company Sequential Brands has signed a long-term license agreement with SPR Indústria de Confecção Ltda to bring its basketball brand AND1, active lifestyle brand AVIA, and skate brand DVS to Brazil.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) has established a panel that will examine whether Colombia has complied with a prior decision faulting its tariffs on clothing, textiles and footwear – a move that has resulted in a US$201m retaliation by Panama.
Lojas Riachuelo, Brazil's largest apparel department store chain, has achieved huge savings from gradually reducing its Chinese sourcing to 25% from 40% and investing BRL200m (US$64m) in a new distribution centre.
Venezuela's Telares Maracai and Dominican Republic's Grupo M are eyeing a joint venture to produce denim and jeanswear for the latter's US clients.
Argentina has issued new regulations for the import of textile and footwear products that requires exporters to state the composition of fibres or materials contained in the product.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective