Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Global apparel brands must boost innovation and put customers at the centre of their growth strategies in order to survive an increasingly c...
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
Senior figures within the global cotton industry are considering promoting sales of their fibre proactively for the first time, as price shi...
Peru plans to double its textile and apparel exports by 2017 and invest over $60m to promote its key designer brands in international market...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Brazilian footwear firms are stepping up their export efforts as part of a BRL41.4m (US$15.7m) programme over the next two years to target new customers in the US, Mexico, Colombia, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, China and Russia.
Ecuador is poised to enjoy enhanced trading status with the European Union after the signing of a protocol between the two parties.
Premiere Vision Sao Paulo is boosting its presence in Brazil with plans to add a space for apparel manufacturers to broaden its services to meet needs of the whole garment-making chain.
Dutch chemicals and coatings group Stahl, which already owns most of Clariant's Leather Services Business following a deal earlier this year, has now added the company's remaining operations in Brazil to its portfolio.
Trade fair organiser Messe Frankfurt has expanded its portfolio of specialist textile and garment industry trade fairs by taking over three Argentinean events: Emitex, Simatex and Confemaq.
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is to launch its namesake and PS from Aeropostale brands in Chile under a licensing agreement with Sociedad Comercial Grupo Yes SpA.
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019