Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in South America
Global apparel brands must boost innovation and put customers at the centre of their growth strategies in order to survive an increasingly c...
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
Senior figures within the global cotton industry are considering promoting sales of their fibre proactively for the first time, as price shi...
Peru plans to double its textile and apparel exports by 2017 and invest over $60m to promote its key designer brands in international market...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
These days, Colombian textile producers are engaged in much soul searching. Everyone is in a scramble to find new markets after exports to Venezuela, its number one market, have plunged.
Trade fair organiser Messe Frankfurt has expanded its portfolio of specialist textile and garment industry trade fairs by taking over three Argentinean events: Emitex, Simatex and Confemaq.
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale is to launch its namesake and PS from Aeropostale brands in Chile under a licensing agreement with Sociedad Comercial Grupo Yes SpA.
The International Apparel Federation (IAF)'s 30th annual convention launched in Medellin, Colombia on Tuesday (29 September), luring 330 delegates from over 15 countries to discuss the industry's latest challenges.
Adriano Goldschmied, the creator of iconic denim lines Diesel, Replay and AG Adriano Goldschmied and adviser to many other denim brands, is joining the speaker line-up at the annual IAF World Fashion convention taking place later this month.
The Brazilian Cotton Growers Association (ABRAPA) is to set up a national cotton database in a bid to provide greater transparency and quality assurance of its raw fibre.
With less than a month to go before the start of its annual World Fashion convention, the International Apparel Federation (IAF) has released more details of the line-up, which includes speakers from Desigual and Disney, McKinsey and the World Bank.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre