Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Labour rights abuses are still rife in Cambodia’s garment factories, thanks to an inadequate and corrupt inspection system and widespread su...
Vietnam’s apparel sector is set to receive a major boost from the signing of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, although the exte...
Blocked fire exits and a lack of proper equipment and training highlight a “persistently high” level of non-compliance with fire safety stan...
Trade unions and employers in Cambodia's garment sector are denouncing the government's new US$128 minimum monthly wage for the clothing tex...
Fashion retailer H&M is to impose stricter requirements on the use of short-term, fixed duration contracts for workers at its supplier factories after acknowledging their use restricts worker rights.
Huntsman Textile Effects is to implement a Productivity Improvement Program (PIP) at a knitwear mill operated by Panko Vina Corporation in Vietnam.
Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has signed a memorandum of understanding with Japan's Itochu for the development of new projects and textile dyeing and finishing materials in Vietnam.
Child labour in Vietnam will be targeted using a US$8m grant from the US Department of Labor’s Bureau of International Affairs to the International Labour Organization (ILO).
A number of workers at a Cambodian garment factory fainted last Thursday (8 January) following two small electrical fires.
Days before the beginning of the year, when Cambodia increased the minimum wage to US$128 per month, hundreds of employees at a South Korean-owned garment factory rallied in front of Seoul's embassy, calling for an intervention in their dispute with factory management.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019