Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Vietnam’s apparel sector is set to receive a major boost from the signing of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, although the exte...
Blocked fire exits and a lack of proper equipment and training highlight a “persistently high” level of non-compliance with fire safety stan...
Trade unions and employers in Cambodia's garment sector are denouncing the government's new US$128 minimum monthly wage for the clothing tex...
A long-standing investment between two Hong Kong based companies - Crystal Group and Pacific Textiles Holdings - to set up a new fabric mill...
Huntsman Textile Effects is to implement a Productivity Improvement Program (PIP) at a knitwear mill operated by Panko Vina Corporation in Vietnam.
Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has signed a memorandum of understanding with Japan's Itochu for the development of new projects and textile dyeing and finishing materials in Vietnam.
Child labour in Vietnam will be targeted using a US$8m grant from the US Department of Labor’s Bureau of International Affairs to the International Labour Organization (ILO).
A number of workers at a Cambodian garment factory fainted last Thursday (8 January) following two small electrical fires.
Days before the beginning of the year, when Cambodia increased the minimum wage to US$128 per month, hundreds of employees at a South Korean-owned garment factory rallied in front of Seoul's embassy, calling for an intervention in their dispute with factory management.
The number of working days lost by strikes in Cambodia's garment industry last year fell 40% on 2013, even though the year started with a series of nationwide protests in which at least four workers were killed.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide