Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Nothing less than industry-wide collaboration will work when it comes to creating living wages in the garment industry, unions say, as talks...
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear com...
Clothing and textile industry specialists have warned just-style that the Vietnam-European Union (EU) free-trade deal struck earlier this mo...
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is helping to improve conditions for workers, a new study has found, despite...
Cambodia has set its new minimum wage for clothing workers at US$140 per month, a 9.4% increase on the current wage of $128 - but well below the $168 that unions had been seeking.
Vietnam has released a new regulation that specifies requirements on the permitted amount of formaldehyde and azo dyes in textile products manufactured, imported and traded in the country.
A group of independent and pro-government trade unions has agreed on a proposal for a new US$168 monthly minimum wage in the Cambodian garment sector, although talks are still underway with employers.
Hong Kong based garment manufacturing giant Crystal Group is hoping to replicate the success of its “Chinese role model sustainable denim jeans factory” with its new facility in Cambodia.
Trade union laws and wage negotiations are rocking garment buyers' confidence in sourcing from Cambodia, one of the country's trade organisations has revealed.
Construction of a specialised training institute for Cambodian garment workers got underway at the beginning of September, just-style has been told.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020