Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Will the EU FTA and TPP trade agreements truly make Vietnam the replacement solution to the higher labour cost challenges in China? Gary Bar...
While Vietnam is likely to see some of the biggest apparel export gains from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a new report confirms indu...
New figures show Cambodia’s garment and footwear exports continued to see strong growth during 2015, albeit it at a slower rate than the yea...
It is no secret that Vietnam's textile and clothing sector is widely expected to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the recently-agreed...
The Better Work Vietnam initiative has launched a new Labor Law app for smartphones, designed to educate garment factories and outside users on the compliance challenges faced in the industry.
Cambodia's Ministry of Labor is understood to have instructed employers and unions in the country's garment and footwear sector to begin preparations for the next round of minimum wage talks.
Final results of a multi-year study into the health of Cambodian garment workers has found that the incidence of anaemia – which can lead to chronic fatigue and low productivity – not only remains higher than in the population at large but is also on the rise.
Falling productivity and rising infrastructure costs within Cambodia's garment sector may be putting it at a disadvantage compared with Vietnam, Bangladesh and Myanmar, the country's apparel industry association has said.
A joint platform for trade union cooperation has been agreed in Vietnam in a move designed to improve the exchange of information and coordination of union activities.
Vietnam's apparel and textile industry is calling on the country's government to revise its "out of date" 2020 development plan with a vision that will match the country's progress and improve its competitiveness.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts