Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show h...
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, no...
Western brands and retailers are “deeply implicated” in the current unrest gripping the Cambodian apparel sector – but they can also be part...
Cambodia's garment workers are pressing ahead with their demand for higher wages - having staged a four-day overtime boycott, they are now r...
A coalition of international labour organisations is seeking support for a day of action to demand an increase in the minimum wage for Cambodian garment workers.
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) has condemned strike action taken by garment workers, claiming that it contravenes labour laws.
Mass worker faintings in Cambodia's garment factories have soared despite preventive measures, with 896 workers fainting at work in the first half of this year alone - including three deaths - officials have revealed.
A fresh wave of trade union action has hit Cambodia's garment industry, with as many as "25 separate strike actions having taken place within matter of 22 days in August alone", a union has said.
Inspection company SGS has opened a new textile testing laboratory in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Garment workers in Cambodia are “dying on the job” because of a combination of overwork, poor working conditions and poverty wages, a union claims.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details