Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Faced with minimum wage hikes in 2016, many Southeast Asian garment manufacturers are planning to try lifting productivity via ambitious tra...
Cambodia's garment industry continued to perform "solidly" in the first half of this year, with growth in employment, exports and factory op...
Global manufacturing hubs in South-East Asia – including key clothing and footwear producers Vietnam and Cambodia – could see double-digit d...
Nothing less than industry-wide collaboration will work when it comes to creating living wages in the garment industry, unions say, as talks...
Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar continue to attract huge interest as apparel supply bases – and a new report from just-style aims to make it easier for retailers, brands and importers to evaluate the key advantages and challenges of sourcing and manufacturing in each country.
Cotton spinning in Vietnam has tripled over the last four years thanks to rising yarn exports to China, with the country's total mill use expected to reach 5.1m bales in 2015/16.
Despite uneven growth within developing markets during 2015, Vietnam is set to post the highest CAGR in value terms to 2020 within Asia Pacific, a new report has predicted.
Avery Dennison Retail Branding & Information Solutions (RBIS) has expanded its packaging, labelling and embellishment capabilities in Vietnam, with the opening of a new manufacturing plant to help facilitate the next generation of "Made in Vietnam" products.
A global union is calling for safe transport for garment workers across the world after five people were killed and at least 68 more injured when two trucks collided in Cambodia's Kompong Spue province this week.
Vietnam and Malaysia are widely expected to be among the biggest beneficiaries of the recently-agreed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal – but a new report suggests there will also be a double-digit rise in Vietnam worker wages by 2030.
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024