Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Falling prices and an industry focus on specialisation and increasing value added have all helped Vietnam increase its share of US imports o...
Vietnam's clothing and textile industry has been assessing the impact of losing a huge anticipated garment export boost under the Trans-Paci...
Vietnam's National Salary Council may have agreed to increase the country-wide minimum wage next year by the smallest proportion in a decade...
At first glance, Cambodia's garment sector is doing fine. ANZ Bank recently predicted 7.2% GDP growth in 2016, mainly fuelled by rising clot...
Two workers at a garment factory in Cambodia's capital Phnom Penh were killed at the weekend after a boiler exploded, injuring four others – the second such incident in recent weeks.
In a step closer to beginning spider silk production in Vietnam, Kraig Biocraft Laboratories has been awarded an Investment Certificate for the production of high technology silk in the country's Quang Nam province.
Levi Strauss & Co and the International Labour Organization's (ILO) Better Factories Cambodia Programme are investigating an explosion at a factory in Cambodia this week, which saw one worker killed and several others injured.
The Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) has drafted a new regulation on the use of formaldehyde and azo dyes in textile and apparel products sold in the country.
Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, a leading developer of spider silk-based fibres, says it has found "excellent" locations to begin production in Vietnam, following a site survey trip in Quang Nam province.
First results of a baseline survey into the benefits of an initiative intended to boost Cambodia garment factory competitiveness and working conditions suggest it has helped generate additional orders – but that excessive overtime and sexual harassment remain ongoing concerns.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar