Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Falling prices and an industry focus on specialisation and increasing value added have all helped Vietnam increase its share of US imports o...
Vietnam's clothing and textile industry has been assessing the impact of losing a huge anticipated garment export boost under the Trans-Paci...
Vietnam's National Salary Council may have agreed to increase the country-wide minimum wage next year by the smallest proportion in a decade...
At first glance, Cambodia's garment sector is doing fine. ANZ Bank recently predicted 7.2% GDP growth in 2016, mainly fuelled by rising clot...
Vietnam's apparel sector must "seriously analyse and assess" its market performance and business prospects if it is to remain competitive, after the country's garment industry body revealed exports missed the target set for 2016.
Testing and inspection company SGS is expanding its reach throughout Vietnam, opening a new consumer product testing laboratory in Hai Phong to complement its existing facilities in Ho Chi Minh City.
Cambodia’s textile and apparel export sector could face both short and long-term risks as a result of the UK leaving the EU, while the country's recent rise to lower-middle income status could add to its challenges, the International Labor Organization (ILO) has warned.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has signed a co-operation agreement with Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corp in a move expected to help develop a change in production method and the joint development and supply of textile items for the global market.
US yarn maker Unifi has partnered with Century Synthetic Fibre Corp to take its Repreve recycled filament fibre into Vietnam.
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) has partnered with testing and inspection services provider TÜV SÜD to offer members workshops and awareness programmes relating to international quality and safety standards.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar