Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Cambodia's garment industry continued to perform "solidly" in the first half of this year, with growth in employment, exports and factory op...
Global manufacturing hubs in South-East Asia – including key clothing and footwear producers Vietnam and Cambodia – could see double-digit d...
Nothing less than industry-wide collaboration will work when it comes to creating living wages in the garment industry, unions say, as talks...
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear com...
A national campaign has launched in Cambodia to push multinational brands to pay suppliers a minimum wage of US$177m.
Cambodia’s government is moving forward in adopting a controversial law on trade unions, despite opposition from labour rights groups and garment manufacturers.
While Epic Group’s foundations are built in Bangladesh, where it has had a presence for 30 years and is one of the country’s largest garment makers producing around 60m units a year, its expansion in Vietnam is also picking up a pace.
Garment manufacturers in Cambodia are calling for a renewed focus on productivity in the sector ahead of a planned rise in the minimum wage – as well as urging buyers to increase their prices for Cambodian goods.
Vietnam's apparel and shoe manufacturers are expected to be among the biggest beneficiaries of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement, according to two new reports.
Independent unions in Cambodia have expressed their dissatisfaction at the Government's new minimum wage for garment workers, and will meet today (12 October) to consider strike action.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015