Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show h...
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, no...
Western brands and retailers are “deeply implicated” in the current unrest gripping the Cambodian apparel sector – but they can also be part...
Cambodia's garment workers are pressing ahead with their demand for higher wages - having staged a four-day overtime boycott, they are now r...
At least eight workers at a clothing factory in Cambodia's Takeo province have been injured after the floor collapsed yesterday (21 October).
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is continuing to help to improve conditions for workers, according to a new report.
Unions are warning of further protests by Cambodian garment workers after more than 1,000 people took part in demonstrations at the weekend to demand better pay following a delay in announcing a new minimum wage.
Ongoing minimum wage negotiations for Cambodia's garment workers remain stagnant after a meeting last week "failed to arrive at any consensus".
First results from a year-long study into the health and productivity of garment workers has found that more than two-fifths of those surveyed currently suffer from anaemia.
Eight major fashion brands, including one of Cambodia's biggest customers, H&M, have indicated their support for talks to raise wages for Cambodian garment workers - in line with efforts to improve supplier productivity.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam