Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show h...
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, no...
Western brands and retailers are “deeply implicated” in the current unrest gripping the Cambodian apparel sector – but they can also be part...
Cambodia's garment workers are pressing ahead with their demand for higher wages - having staged a four-day overtime boycott, they are now r...
First results from a year-long study into the health and productivity of garment workers has found that more than two-fifths of those surveyed currently suffer from anaemia.
Eight major fashion brands, including one of Cambodia's biggest customers, H&M, have indicated their support for talks to raise wages for Cambodian garment workers - in line with efforts to improve supplier productivity.
Two Cambodian trade union members were detained this morning (17 September) and soldiers mobilised as garment workers campaigned for a rise in the minimum wage.
A coalition of international labour organisations is seeking support for a day of action to demand an increase in the minimum wage for Cambodian garment workers.
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) has condemned strike action taken by garment workers, claiming that it contravenes labour laws.
Mass worker faintings in Cambodia's garment factories have soared despite preventive measures, with 896 workers fainting at work in the first half of this year alone - including three deaths - officials have revealed.
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- Adidas taps Nike designers for new creative studio
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm