Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, no...
Western brands and retailers are “deeply implicated” in the current unrest gripping the Cambodian apparel sector – but they can also be part...
Cambodia's garment workers are pressing ahead with their demand for higher wages - having staged a four-day overtime boycott, they are now r...
Against the backdrop of a month of fierce protests, the worst state violence in Cambodia for 15 years, and an escalating crackdown on protes...
The ILO-Better Factories Cambodia (BFC) initiative has revamped its Kamako Chhnoeum worker education mobile phone project after a drop in the number of calls.
Sporting giant Adidas has said it is investigating an incident involving over 200 faintings at a garment factory in Kandal province, Cambodia.
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is helping to improve conditions for workers, according to a new report.
Cambodia's Labor Advisory Committee (LAC), a government-led tripartite group, has agreed the next minimum wage adjustment for garment workers will take effect on 1 January 2015.
Nearly 50 workers are reported to have fainted in a Cambodian garment factory at the weekend, highlighting the ongoing issues surrounding working conditions in the country's textile and clothing industry.
US retailer Target Corp is another apparel manufacturer to have reportedly reduced its sourcing from Cambodian garment factories in response to industry turmoil in the country.
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report