Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Trade unions and employers in Cambodia's garment sector are denouncing the government's new US$128 minimum monthly wage for the clothing tex...
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show h...
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, no...
Western brands and retailers are “deeply implicated” in the current unrest gripping the Cambodian apparel sector – but they can also be part...
Safety in Cambodian garment factories needs to be improved through a complete overhaul of building regulations and the inspection regime, says a new report.
A new agreement involving manufacturers and Better Factories Cambodia aims to eliminate child labour in the country’s garment industry.
A long-running dispute at Cambodian clothing factory SL Garment, which resulted in the death of one person after violent clashes broke out between workers and armed forces, has been settled.
Apparel brands have been urged to remain committed to Cambodia after a 28% rise in the minimum monthly wage was agreed for textile, garment and footwear workers - with salaries to increase from the beginning of next year.
A Cambodia government-appointed Labour Advisory Committee (LAC) may decide on a new minimum monthly wage for garment sector workers when it meets next week, just-style has been told.
A tripartite working group set up to reach a consensus on next year’s minimum wage in Cambodia's garment sector, is to file two proposals to the country's Labour Ministry - neither of which is the US$140 supported by most unions.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade