Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
New figures show Cambodia’s garment and footwear exports continued to see strong growth during 2015, albeit it at a slower rate than the yea...
It is no secret that Vietnam's textile and clothing sector is widely expected to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the recently-agreed...
Central America's textile exports are expected to slow this year as Vietnam continues to gain US market share, throwing the region into a sc...
Recently released details of the European Union's trade agreement with Vietnam show how the deal could boost garment sourcing by EU brands i...
The state-run Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has opened an office in Ho Chi Minh City in the south of the country to accelerate the implementation of several major projects and help prepare for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement.
Cambodia's garment industry is leading the country's real growth, new figures show, making it one of the fastest growing countries in East Asia.
Cambodia's Senate has passed a controversial draft trade union law that has caused concern over its alleged non-compliance with ILO conventions.
Plans to create a national trade union network for workers in Inditex's Vietnamese supply chain have taken a step forward as part of a global framework agreement (GFA) between the Spanish retail giant and IndustriAll.
Pressure on apparel brands and retailers to improve product quality and safety has led to a surge in metal control audits carried out by one audit and compliance firm – with more than 87% of inspected apparel failing metal detection tests.
A global union has said it will continue to "keep watch" on Cambodia to ensure workers' rights are respected after a controversial new trade union law was adopted earlier this week.
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- US Q1 in brief: Skechers, Steve Madden
- Bangladesh remediation delays "unacceptable"
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange