Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing...
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is contributing to better conditions for workers, a new study has found – al...
Will the EU FTA and TPP trade agreements truly make Vietnam the replacement solution to the higher labour cost challenges in China? Gary Bar...
While Vietnam is likely to see some of the biggest apparel export gains from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a new report confirms indu...
Technology specialist Lectra has opened a new subsidiary in Vietnam as part of its ongoing expansion in the Asian market.
Inspection, testing and certification provider TUV Rheinland Vietnam has boosted its apparel and textile testing capabilities with a new gas fume chamber at its softlines laboratory in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Better Work Vietnam initiative has launched a new Labor Law app for smartphones, designed to educate garment factories and outside users on the compliance challenges faced in the industry.
Cambodia's Ministry of Labor is understood to have instructed employers and unions in the country's garment and footwear sector to begin preparations for the next round of minimum wage talks.
Final results of a multi-year study into the health of Cambodian garment workers has found that the incidence of anaemia – which can lead to chronic fatigue and low productivity – not only remains higher than in the population at large but is also on the rise.
Falling productivity and rising infrastructure costs within Cambodia's garment sector may be putting it at a disadvantage compared with Vietnam, Bangladesh and Myanmar, the country's apparel industry association has said.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape