Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Vietnam's clothing and textile industry has been assessing the impact of losing a huge anticipated garment export boost under the Trans-Paci...
Vietnam's National Salary Council may have agreed to increase the country-wide minimum wage next year by the smallest proportion in a decade...
At first glance, Cambodia's garment sector is doing fine. ANZ Bank recently predicted 7.2% GDP growth in 2016, mainly fuelled by rising clot...
As annual discussions get underway in Cambodia on a new minimum wage for garment workers, a new report warns significant further wage increa...
Cambodia’s textile and apparel export sector could face both short and long-term risks as a result of the UK leaving the EU, while the country's recent rise to lower-middle income status could add to its challenges, the International Labor Organization (ILO) has warned.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has signed a co-operation agreement with Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corp in a move expected to help develop a change in production method and the joint development and supply of textile items for the global market.
US yarn maker Unifi has partnered with Century Synthetic Fibre Corp to take its Repreve recycled filament fibre into Vietnam.
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) has partnered with testing and inspection services provider TÜV SÜD to offer members workshops and awareness programmes relating to international quality and safety standards.
Vietnam's apparel exports in 2016 are expected to hit targets of US$29bn, although manufacturers are being urged to look at ways to offset competition and rising costs if this figure is to be surpassed next year.
UK fashion reuse charity TRAID has launched a film in the UK revealing what it describes as the "dangers, indignities and impoverishment" of garment workers in Cambodia's capital Phnom Penh.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022