Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, no...
Western brands and retailers are “deeply implicated” in the current unrest gripping the Cambodian apparel sector – but they can also be part...
Cambodia's garment workers are pressing ahead with their demand for higher wages - having staged a four-day overtime boycott, they are now r...
Against the backdrop of a month of fierce protests, the worst state violence in Cambodia for 15 years, and an escalating crackdown on protes...
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is helping to improve conditions for workers, according to a new report.
Cambodia's Labor Advisory Committee (LAC), a government-led tripartite group, has agreed the next minimum wage adjustment for garment workers will take effect on 1 January 2015.
Nearly 50 workers are reported to have fainted in a Cambodian garment factory at the weekend, highlighting the ongoing issues surrounding working conditions in the country's textile and clothing industry.
US retailer Target Corp is another apparel manufacturer to have reportedly reduced its sourcing from Cambodian garment factories in response to industry turmoil in the country.
The United Nations human rights expert on Cambodia has welcomed progress towards setting a minimum wage in the country, but has also expressed concerns about ongoing intimidation of workers and trade union leaders.
Clothing giant H&M is joining forces with the ILO (International Labour Organization) and various other partners to launch an initiative to improve industrial relations in the Cambodian garment industry.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies