Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
At first glance, Cambodia's garment sector is doing fine. ANZ Bank recently predicted 7.2% GDP growth in 2016, mainly fuelled by rising clot...
As annual discussions get underway in Cambodia on a new minimum wage for garment workers, a new report warns significant further wage increa...
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing...
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is contributing to better conditions for workers, a new study has found – al...
The upcoming EU free trade agreement with Vietnam is expected to boost European growth and job creation in the retail sector, as well as the development of Vietnam, according to EU trade negotiators, experts and business leaders.
Following a weekend of talks, garment and footwear unions in Cambodia have agreed to demand US$179.60 as the monthly minimum wage for 2017.
Cambodia’s concentration in garment production, along with slowing growth in China – one of its key sources of investment, trade and concessional loans – are seen among the headwinds facing its overall economic strength, a new report says.
Vietnam's garment and textile industry has called on the government to create a development strategy to 2025, with a vision toward 2040, in order to help firms take advantage of opportunities and overcome challenges brought by free trade agreements.
The Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) has welcomed proposals from Vietnam’s ministry of industry and trade to develop large textile and garment industrial zones to attract investment for dyeing and fabric and yarn production.
Asian garment unions have agreed that industry level bargaining must be developed in each country as the best means of securing higher wages and better working conditions across the continent.
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras