Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
If proof was ever needed of the commercial benefits of better working conditions in garment factories, a recent study from Better Work Vietn...
A week-long strike at a Taiwanese-owned footwear factory in Vietnam has exposed a looming pension crisis and worker shortage in a country th...
Strikes and protests are rare in Vietnam, but recent demonstrations by thousands of footwear factory workers underscore some of the challeng...
Labour rights abuses are still rife in Cambodia’s garment factories, thanks to an inadequate and corrupt inspection system and widespread su...
Cambodia's economic growth is expected to slow over the next three years on the back of increasing headwinds including rising production costs and stronger garment export competition, data shows.
Garment factory owners in Cambodia have rejected claims that they are violating workers’ rights by pursuing legal action against union leaders linked to protests last year.
Vietnam is among the most promising emerging markets for textile and garment-making machinery and two upcoming workshops aim to strengthen links between local operators and Italian technology providers.
Production has resumed at a footwear factory in Vietnam, which supplies sporting goods majors Adidas, Puma and Asics, after workers took part in a six-day strike over new social insurance legislation.
Uniqlo brand owner Fast Retailing is looking into claims from pressure group Human Rights Watch (HRW) of labour rights abuses at supplier factories in Cambodia.
Major footwear manufacturer Pou Chen Group, which supplies Adidas and Nike, is in discussions with the Vietnamese government to address worker concerns at its Pou Yuen factory, which resulted in strike action.
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Morocco plans to grow fast fashion exports
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing