Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Trade unions and employers in Cambodia's garment sector are denouncing the government's new US$128 minimum monthly wage for the clothing tex...
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show h...
Although there has been a slight improvement in the proper payment of wages and benefits within Cambodia's garment and footwear industry, no...
Western brands and retailers are “deeply implicated” in the current unrest gripping the Cambodian apparel sector – but they can also be part...
A number of workers at a Cambodian garment factory fainted last Thursday (8 January) following two small electrical fires.
Days before the beginning of the year, when Cambodia increased the minimum wage to US$128 per month, hundreds of employees at a South Korean-owned garment factory rallied in front of Seoul's embassy, calling for an intervention in their dispute with factory management.
The number of working days lost by strikes in Cambodia's garment industry last year fell 40% on 2013, even though the year started with a series of nationwide protests in which at least four workers were killed.
Safety in Cambodian garment factories needs to be improved through a complete overhaul of building regulations and the inspection regime, says a new report.
A new agreement involving manufacturers and Better Factories Cambodia aims to eliminate child labour in the country’s garment industry.
A long-running dispute at Cambodian clothing factory SL Garment, which resulted in the death of one person after violent clashes broke out between workers and armed forces, has been settled.
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead