Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Falling prices and an industry focus on specialisation and increasing value added have all helped Vietnam increase its share of US imports o...
Vietnam's clothing and textile industry has been assessing the impact of losing a huge anticipated garment export boost under the Trans-Paci...
Vietnam's National Salary Council may have agreed to increase the country-wide minimum wage next year by the smallest proportion in a decade...
At first glance, Cambodia's garment sector is doing fine. ANZ Bank recently predicted 7.2% GDP growth in 2016, mainly fuelled by rising clot...
Levi Strauss & Co and the International Labour Organization's (ILO) Better Factories Cambodia Programme are investigating an explosion at a factory in Cambodia this week, which saw one worker killed and several others injured.
The Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) has drafted a new regulation on the use of formaldehyde and azo dyes in textile and apparel products sold in the country.
Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, a leading developer of spider silk-based fibres, says it has found "excellent" locations to begin production in Vietnam, following a site survey trip in Quang Nam province.
First results of a baseline survey into the benefits of an initiative intended to boost Cambodia garment factory competitiveness and working conditions suggest it has helped generate additional orders – but that excessive overtime and sexual harassment remain ongoing concerns.
Vietnam's apparel sector must "seriously analyse and assess" its market performance and business prospects if it is to remain competitive, after the country's garment industry body revealed exports missed the target set for 2016.
Testing and inspection company SGS is expanding its reach throughout Vietnam, opening a new consumer product testing laboratory in Hai Phong to complement its existing facilities in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing