Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing...
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is contributing to better conditions for workers, a new study has found – al...
Will the EU FTA and TPP trade agreements truly make Vietnam the replacement solution to the higher labour cost challenges in China? Gary Bar...
While Vietnam is likely to see some of the biggest apparel export gains from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a new report confirms indu...
Vietnam's garment and textile industry has called on the government to create a development strategy to 2025, with a vision toward 2040, in order to help firms take advantage of opportunities and overcome challenges brought by free trade agreements.
The Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) has welcomed proposals from Vietnam’s ministry of industry and trade to develop large textile and garment industrial zones to attract investment for dyeing and fabric and yarn production.
Asian garment unions have agreed that industry level bargaining must be developed in each country as the best means of securing higher wages and better working conditions across the continent.
Vietnam's central Thua Thien-Hue Province is understood to be investing more than VND6.6trn (US$295m) on transforming itself into a textile and garment hub.
Cambodia unions target US$177 monthly minimum wage as annual talks loom
Vietnam labour groups and businesses have agreed on a 7.3% increase in the national minimum wage just a week after proposing a freeze on salaries for the country's garment workers.
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis