Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Vietnam and Cambodia
Vietnam's National Salary Council may have agreed to increase the country-wide minimum wage next year by the smallest proportion in a decade...
At first glance, Cambodia's garment sector is doing fine. ANZ Bank recently predicted 7.2% GDP growth in 2016, mainly fuelled by rising clot...
As annual discussions get underway in Cambodia on a new minimum wage for garment workers, a new report warns significant further wage increa...
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing...
UK fashion reuse charity TRAID has launched a film in the UK revealing what it describes as the "dangers, indignities and impoverishment" of garment workers in Cambodia's capital Phnom Penh.
The International Labour Organization’s Better Factories Cambodia Programme has been extended for another three years in a bid to continue efforts to improve working conditions and boost competitiveness in Cambodia’s garment industry.
Spanish fashion giant Inditex has signed a global framework agreement (GFA) with the IndustriAll Global Union, launching a supplier union network in Vietnam.
Swedish fashion giant Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is to make its retail debut in Vietnam with the opening of its first stores in the country next year.
The Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) has welcomed a decision by the Ministry of Industry and Trade to withdraw a regulation requiring textile products made in the country to be inspected for formaldehyde and aromatic amines derived from azo dye.
The Better Factories Cambodia (BFC) initiative has been renewed again after reaching its 15-year anniversary, with a commitment to continue tackling the challenges that remain in the country's garment sector.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth