Apparel: Latest news and analysis articles
The European Commission (EC) is being urged to bring forward legislation to enhance due diligence for apparel supply chains – and to introdu...
Economic uncertainty and upheaval in global trade agreements are immaterial if the apparel and footwear industry can't respond, engineer and...
First feedback on last week's launch of the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark has welcomed the move – but warns against drawing conclusions t...
Global political frictions and economic uncertainty, coupled with a sea-change across the retail sector thanks to the rise of e-commerce, di...
With pressure mounting on apparel brands and retailers to give more weight to sustainability and social responsibility in their sourcing decisions, Andreas Streubig, sustainability division manager at German mail order and e-commerce giant Otto Group, is convinced that collaboration and the "power of the many" is key to driving lasting change.
Exactly 12 months into his role as chief executive of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Eran Itzhak is in a buoyant mood. The business is debt-free for the first time in nearly a decade, has refocused its manufacturing base on Ethiopia, Egypt and Vietnam, and is fighting back with new products and a return to innovation.
UK clothing retailer Next Plc has booked its first fall in annual profits in eight years and issued a caution on the year ahead amid the threat of price inflation and a shift away from spend on clothing.
Product authentication business Applied DNA Sciences (APDN) has unveiled a new supply chain platform to help certify the authenticity and origin of textile, apparel and footwear items.
In the most recent fourth-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Destination XL moved to a profit but booked lower sales, while Caleres moved to a loss in the quarter. VF Corporation, meanwhile, revealed a fall in both sales and earnings for the quarter, while Stein Mart moved to a loss as a result of "aggressive" promotions.
Building inclusive supply chains through responsible sourcing practices, creating gender-sensitive workplaces, and investing in training and education, are some of the steps apparel brands are being urged to take in order to support women workers in sub-Saharan Africa, a new report suggests.
German sportswear giant Adidas has told just-style it is evaluating the results of its Storefactory research project to decide whether to roll out localised and personalised consumer experiences in its stores.
US sporting giant Nike booked what it called a "solid" third-quarter after delivering a double-digit profit hike and witnessing demand for its namesake brand across all geographies.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics of "Brexit means Brexit" left no-one better informed. Mike Flanagan has taken a closer look in his monthly Trade Tracker update.
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced plans to pull out of the Dhaka Apparel Summit, held at the weekend, in protest.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective