Apparel: Latest news and analysis articles
Online apparel retailer Asos this morning (21 October) booked a mixed set of full-year results as sales soared but profits fell due to a com...
Retailer Marks & Spencer is planning to extend a programme that allows it to survey workers in its clothing supplier factories on their mobi...
"The outdoors is not just for the hardcore outdoorsman," declared NPD's chief industry analyst for sports and leisure trends, Marshal Cohen,...
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environm...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
Building the business for long-term growth, but also ensuring that the company has a strong local supply chain in place to deliver on its goals, are among the challenges faced by Andrew Lo, CEO of Hong Kong based Crystal Group, as he continues to build the capacity and competitiveness of one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers.
Leading international brands including H&M, Eddie Bauer, The North Face and Marmot have committed to using responsibly sourced and traceable down in their products.
Transparent reporting of garment factory compliance in Cambodia is continuing to help to improve conditions for workers, according to a new report.
Online apparel retailer Asos has booked a mixed set of full-year results as sales climbed but profits fell due to the combination of a strong pound, operational investments and the impact of its warehouse fire.
An annual survey has found that consumers plan to increase their spending this holiday season, with online sales set to take an even greater share of the prize than last year.
US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line has appointed Samuel Sato, formerly president if the Finish Line brand, as group president.
Handbag designer Anya Hindmarch has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, to support its growth ambitions.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
It seems former Men's Wearhouse CEO George Zimmer may be about to show his trump card following his fall-out with the apparel retailer, through the launch of a new company.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam