Apparel: Latest news and analysis articles
Some of the most exciting developments on show at this month's ITMA international textile and garment machinery exhibition had a sustainabil...
The economic environment in the aftermath of the financial crisis meant many brands became lazy about their working capital, almost half of...
Volatility and complexity are endemic in today's business environments, which makes planning extremely difficult. Along with streamlining pr...
A spate of books written over the past few years explores various aspects of the global garment business. But for Robert Antoshak, managing...
With new facilities opening in Bangladesh and Vietnam, an investment to take automation to the next level, and an eye on Africa, Hong Kong based manufacturing giant Epic Group is also on a relentless efficiency drive. Chairman and CEO Ranjan Mahtani tells just-style why constant evolution is key.
Patagonia's goal of building "the world’s most socially and environmentally responsible supply chain" has made the outdoor wear specialist something of a pioneer in its industry. Cara Chacon, the group's director of social & environmental responsibility, however, is quick to admit that despite its successes, the company is far from perfect.
In the most recent third-quarter filings from US apparel brands and retailers, Abercrombie & Fitch recorded higher earnings thanks to less discounting, while Foot Locker revealed a mixed quarter, and Caleres saw its profit rise. Also, Citi Trends returned to profit, while L Brands, Ross Stores, and Perry Ellis lifted their full-year guidance. Guess revealed declining earnings as a result of the stronger US dollar, while Dollar Tree's earnings fell on acquisition costs, and DSW recorded "disappointing" figures.
Sales growth at UK clothing retailers continued to rise in the year to November, but at a slower pace than the prior month, while footwear and leather chains saw volumes accelerate even further.
Continuing its expansion, UK clothing retailer Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group has revealed plans to open a further 100 stores after booking a double-digit increase in annual profit.
UK retail giant Arcadia Group said ensuring it has a well-audited supply chain will remain a priority as it revealed an increase in earnings for the full year, but a decline in like-for-like sales.
More than 1m US consumers were out in full force during Thanksgiving weekend to take advantage of deals and discounts, first figures suggest, with clothing at the top of the gifts list.
A strong winter collection has helped to boost sales and margin performance for fashion retailer French Connection during the 16 weeks to 21 November.
China is using a catchy English-language TV ad to promote its 13th Five-Year Plan for the five years to 2020. But Mike Flanagan questions whether the Plan really tells us how garment-making in China will be affected.
It seems American Apparel doesn't want to learn its lesson. Now operating under new CEO Paula Schneider, you might be forgiven for thinking the US fashion retailer had turned a corner.
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015