Fibres & fabrics: Latest news and analysis articles
The Philippines' garment sector is expected to be a key beneficiary of the country's inclusion within the European Union's (EU) GSP+ scheme...
3D CAD and Product Lifecycle Management are two technologies revolutionising the clothing industry. And vendors of these systems are among l...
In recent articles David Birnbaum has discussed the changing role of the buying office, how to quantify performance, and the issue of transf...
More than 60 brands and retailers have committed to end the use of angora in their future clothing and accessories collections, following on...
Levi Strauss & Co is returning to its roots. The denim stalwart, which has been battling sluggish traffic trends, international challenges and a revolution in activewear, is looking to re-establish leadership in its sector. A touch of nostalgia, plenty of innovation, adjustments in sourcing strategy, and global expansion are all part of the plan. just-style talks with Seth Ellison, the group's president for Europe.
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
A meeting is taking place within the European Union (EU) today (23 January) to consult on a proposed “flagship initiative” on responsible management of the garment sector supply chain.
International apparel brands and retailers Adidas, Black Diamond, Kathmandu, NAU, REI and Timberland have committed to using responsibly sourced and traceable down in their products.
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the decision by Target Corporation to shut its Canadian stores, news that talks are underway on a minimum wage in Myanmar, and feedback from the garment sector in the Philippines on the EU's GSP+ scheme.
Tencel and bamboo-based fabrics and environmentally friendly printing techniques were among those most requested by clients of customised clothing firm Garment Printing last year.
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down.
Anyone heading to ISPO Munich next month for what is arguably the world’s largest multi-segment sports exhibition, should also try to take in the World Sports Forum event on 'Entering and Exploring new Markets.'
German sporting goods giant Adidas Group has been named as the world's third most sustainable company this year, according to a ranking released by Toronto-based media company Corporate Knights to coincide with the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead