Fibres & fabrics: Latest news and analysis articles
Burma, officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia bordered by Laos, Thailand, China, Bangladesh...
Indian apparel exporters have demanded a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government whil...
China's leader Xi Jinping last year adopted The China Dream as the theme of his presidency, combining "economic prosperity" with "national r...
Denim jeans are a wardrobe staple for most consumers, due to their ability to offer comfort and a long lifespan compared to other items of c...
With a global vendor base of around 6,000 factories working with leading retailers and brands, sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. has an enviable view into worldwide sourcing shifts. In the second instalment of a two-part interview with just-style, company chairman and CEO William E. (Chip) Connor discusses opportunities, challenges and concerns.
Transparency and integrity are two words that crop up repeatedly in conversation with William E. (Chip) Connor, chairman and CEO of Hong Kong based global sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Indeed, these have been cornerstones of the business since it was founded 65 years ago, and continue to underpin every aspect of an operation set up to act as its clients' alter-ego.
The Cotton Leads responsible growing programme has attracted more than 200 partners across the global cotton supply chain since it was launched in October last year.
Yarn business Unifi recorded a 73% surge in full-year net profit, despite reductions to annual revenues, and cuts to fourth quarter earnings and sales.
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a look at global trends in fibre prices, production and consumption, product developments and innovations in textile and apparel, and the smart wearable technology market.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has met with the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petrovietnam) to discuss cooperation in the production and supply of polyester fibres to the textile industry.
Lingerie elastic producer, Groupe Cheynet, is poised to make significant jobs cuts at its main production plant in Saint-Just-Malmont, near St Etienne.
The Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers' Union (SACTWU) says it has settled a wage dispute in the wool and mohair textiles sub-sector.
Indian apparel exporters are seeking a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government, including export subsidies to offset import duties imposed by the EU while talks continue towards an EU-India free trade agreement.
The quest for deeper and deeper black dyes has long preoccupied the textile industry - but scientists in the UK now claim to have fashioned what may be the blackest material in the universe.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies