Finance: Latest news and analysis articles
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show h...
JC Penney has emphasised its commitment to moving back to a merchandising model marked by narrow and deep assortments, as it looks to build...
Retail shares were among the biggest fallers last week as financial markets reacted to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposit...
After booking a "stellar" first-quarter performance, UK value fashion retailer New Look has put the brakes on its expansion into Russia, cit...
The arrival of new chief executive Peter Ruis at UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has seen the group shift to a more fashion-led focus. Eight months into the role, he talks to just-style about the group's sourcing ambitions, its focus on innovation, and Jigsaw's international expansion plans.
UK clothing retailer SuperGroup has had a somewhat buoyant year to date, with strong bottom line growth in its last three quarters, and ambitious plans to extend its international presence. To support this growth, the company has been busy re-aligning its supply chain. COO Susanne Given talks to Michelle Russell about the challenges international expansion brings and the group's position in the competitive youth apparel marketplace.
Global sourcing firm Li & Fung reported "solid" results in the first half, against a mixed economic landscape, with growth in both sales and earnings.
Accelerated selling, general and administrative (SG&A) spending is driving retailers into the red, one analyst has said, and could become a key theme over the near term.
Fashion apparel, footwear, and accessories business Global Brands Group has widened its net loss in the first half as a result of increased investment in new brand additions.
Family Dollar Stores has rejected a non-binding acquisition proposal by Dollar General on the basis of antitrust regulatory considerations.
Off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart said it has a number of important initiatives in place to grow its bottom line as it revealed a drop in second-quarter earnings.
Cato Corporation has recorded an increase in second-quarter earnings and reaffirmed its EPS guidance for the full year.
Retail shares have been among the biggest fallers in the last two weeks as financial markets react to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposition of sanctions on Russia.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety have both issued their first annual reports, providing an update on the work carried out on improving safety and working conditions in the country to date.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey