Finance: Latest news and analysis articles
For all the claims that US apparel buyers are seeking alternative sources to China amid concerns it is losing its competitiveness, new data...
US apparel import volumes declined in December as the holiday season came to an end. But while shipments from Vietnam continue on an upward...
Shares in Under Armour slumped 26% yesterday (31 January) as the athletic apparel and footwear maker posted a slowdown in fourth quarter rev...
Several recurring themes cropped up in just-style’s roundup of sourcing and supply chain issues likely to impact apparel and footwear firms...
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
US retail giant JC Penney is to close two distribution facilities and around 130 to 140 stores over the next few months as part of plans to optimise its retail operations and drive profitability as it revealed a fall in fourth-quarter sales.
US retailers are calling for a halt to a planned one-day shutdown of East Coast and Gulf Coast ports in protest over the loss of longshoring jobs and its effect on the economy.
Apparel maker Gildan Activewear has booked a rise in both earnings and revenue in its fourth-quarter, thanks to growing sales in its printwear and branded apparel businesses.
Canadian retailer Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) booked lower sales in its fourth-quarter and revealed further details on its operational review, designed to streamline its business.
Industrial thread maker Coats has delivered what it says was a strong performance last year as it moved to a profit thanks to a substantial decline in one-off charges and a restructuring of its craft and textiles business a year earlier.
US speciality clothing retailer Gap Inc has posted what one analyst calls a "modest" gain in its fourth-quarter but failed to boost earnings for the full year, booking a double-digit decline for fiscal 2016.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector is bracing itself for even greater cost increases to come.
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices on the high street is not at odds with efforts to improve ethical standards in its supply chain.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022