Finance: Latest news and analysis articles
Retailer Marks & Spencer has finally booked like-for-like sales growth in its general merchandise unit, which includes clothing and homeware...
December proved to be a dismal month for the handful of US apparel retailers still reporting comparable sales figures, with soft in-store tr...
Instead of the regular roundup of the most-read news pieces on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to...
Among the most-read comment articles on just-style in 2015 were a look at what the Trump presidency will mean for apparel, the decline and f...
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
Swedish fashion giant Hennes & Maurtiz (H&M) has booked another rise in sales for December, albeit fairly lower than the retailer has seen in recent months.
An increase in clothing and accessories sales helped push US holiday retail revenues up during November and December, new figures show, thanks to improved consumer confidence and good promotional deals.
American Apparel is to shutter all 110 of its retail stores along with its Los Angeles headquarters, in a move that could reportedly affect 3,400 employees.
Clothing outperformed the market over the Christmas period for UK supermarket giant Tesco, helping push total sales for the third quarter up 1.5%.
Bangladesh's ready made garment (RMG) sector saw exports increase 4.4% in the first half of its 2016-17 financial year, figures show, despite a fall for the month of December.
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has named Mike Staude as its interim chief financial officer following the resignation of James E McDonald.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing landscape.
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects for volatile and uneven growth, Trump’s trade policies, and tensions between the US and China among the issues highlighted.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar