Finance: Latest news and analysis articles
Vietnam's National Salary Council may have agreed to increase the country-wide minimum wage next year by the smallest proportion in a decade...
Upside surprises were provided in September by two of the US apparel retailers who still report their monthly sales thanks to an uptick in c...
Myanmar garment industry exports soared by around 20% last year, while footwear exports also surged as the Southeast Asia country gained new...
US apparel imports in July booked a double-digit increase on the month before as retailers stocked up for the back-to-school season – with t...
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
In the most recent third-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Skechers said it has achieved a new third-quarter sales record for the period, while Under Armour delivered another positive set of results. VF Corp, however, revealed an "unsatisfactory" set of results and cut its full-year outlook.
UK apparel and accessories retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed Elaine Deste as its new finance director.
International Textile Group (ITG), owner of Burlington and Cone Denim, has been acquired by Platinum Equity through a completed merger with an affiliate of the private equity firm.
Mike Koppel, the finance chief of upscale US fashion retailer Nordstrom, has announced his retirement after 15 years in the role.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
Troubled US retailer American Apparel could be heading for its second bankruptcy filing in as many years as rumours swirl that Authentic Brands Group (ABG) and Iconix Brand Group are among several companies expressing interest in acquiring the brand.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency after months of unrest.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing Asian governments to sharpen their industrial policies to try to retain market share.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020