Finance: Latest news and analysis articles
With abundant growth opportunities in the pipeline at Under Armour, the performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand has said it aims...
More than a year after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety is calling on retailers and clothing...
Hanesbrands has praised the efficiency of its supply chain, describing it as "a clear contributor" to earnings, helping the underwear maker...
Burma, officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia bordered by Laos, Thailand, China, Bangladesh...
The arrival of new chief executive Peter Ruis at UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has seen the group shift to a more fashion-led focus. Eight months into the role, he talks to just-style about the group's sourcing ambitions, its focus on innovation, and Jigsaw's international expansion plans.
UK clothing retailer SuperGroup has had a somewhat buoyant year to date, with strong bottom line growth in its last three quarters, and ambitious plans to extend its international presence. To support this growth, the company has been busy re-aligning its supply chain. COO Susanne Given talks to Michelle Russell about the challenges international expansion brings and the group's position in the competitive youth apparel marketplace.
Next's share price climbed 2.5% this morning (29 July) as the UK retailer upped its full-year earnings guidance and "significantly" outperformed the market in its second-quarter.
The latest reports from just-style's research store include an overview of clothing retailing in the UK, a look at insect repellent apparel, and a country report on Myanmar.
Mother, baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare says it will continue with its strategy to turn the business around following the withdrawal of a bid by Destination Maternity.
Pakistan's textile and clothing exports grew 5.3% to US$13.74bn in the last fiscal year, thanks primarily to the GSP Plus status granted to the country by the European Union (EU).
UK department store retailer Debenhams has appointed Mothercare CFO Matt Smith as its finance chief.
US discount chain Dollar Tree Stores has acquired rival Family Dollar in a deal worth around US$8.5bn.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety have both issued their first annual reports, providing an update on the work carried out on improving safety and working conditions in the country to date.
Despite forecasts suggesting US imports would continue to rise in May - in part to offset the threat of possible industrial action and disruption at major West Coast container ports this summer - the latest data in fact shows apparel imports were down year-on-year.
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges