Finance: Latest news and analysis articles
The role played by factoring in the apparel supply chain came under the spotlight last week with reports suggesting that factoring companies...
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has said it will consider selling more of its brands as it continues to find ways to drive a b...
The audit report of Tesco's commercial teams could, analysts believe, create operational paralysis for Tesco ahead of the very busy Christma...
As back-to-school shopping tailed off in the first part of September, so too did sales for many US apparel retailers. Negative surprises fro...
The arrival of new chief executive Peter Ruis at UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has seen the group shift to a more fashion-led focus. Eight months into the role, he talks to just-style about the group's sourcing ambitions, its focus on innovation, and Jigsaw's international expansion plans.
UK clothing retailer SuperGroup has had a somewhat buoyant year to date, with strong bottom line growth in its last three quarters, and ambitious plans to extend its international presence. To support this growth, the company has been busy re-aligning its supply chain. COO Susanne Given talks to Michelle Russell about the challenges international expansion brings and the group's position in the competitive youth apparel marketplace.
Should Jynwel Capital succeed in a reported deal to acquire Adidas's Reebok brand, it would be an admittance of defeat by the German sporting goods giant, analysts believe.
Apparel and footwear giant VF Corp has upped its full-year earnings outlook as it revealed "strong" third-quarter revenue and profit growth.
Productivity in the UK textile, clothing and leather goods sector is lagging that of other manufacturing industries, new figures suggest, as it struggles to recover the strong growth seen prior to the economic downturn.
Consumer confidence is at its highest level for three years in the UK, according to new figures, driven by improving sentiment on levels of income and debt.
US footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has lowered its full-year outlook on the back of "disappointing" third-quarter results.
The most-read stories on just-style last week included a look at the impact of China tightening up on corporate social responsibility, analyst opinion on JC Penney's new CEO, and an overview of Glenn Murphy's seven-year tenure at Gap.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
It seems former Men's Wearhouse CEO George Zimmer may be about to show his trump card following his fall-out with the apparel retailer, through the launch of a new company.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- US textile innovation hub could expand re-shoring
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020