Finance: Latest news and analysis articles
Spanish retail giant Inditex, owner of the Zara brand, is the clear winner in the fast fashion space, analysts believe, with the competitive...
"What kind of man is it who can count his fortune in billions but does not know what decent behaviour is?" The words of Rt Hon Frank Field M...
Brexit and its likely implications for UK manufacturing were a key talking point at this year's Fashion SVP event, held just days after the...
The Central American garment industries in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras must continue investing in growth and ensure factories are sa...
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
Falling sales in its printwear and branded apparel businesses contributed to a 4.7% drop in second-quarter profit for Gildan Activewear, with the company also lowering the upper end of its earnings guidance for the year.
Menswear is set to spearhead the GBP3.2bn (US$4.2bn) growth in the UK value clothing market over the next five years, analysts say.
German sportswear brand Puma has moved to a profit in its second-quarter on the back of double-digit sales growth driven by strong apparel revenues.
Aéropostale has filed litigation against private equity firm Sycamore Partners and its affiliates, saying it continues to believe they engaged in "significant bad acts" that forced the teen apparel retailer into bankruptcy.
In the most recent second-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Skechers missed analyst estimates as it revealed earnings hit by one-off charges, while Under Armour grew its top line thanks to strong sales in its domestic and international businesses.
Vietnam's textile and apparel industry says it expects to miss its export target in 2016 due to slowing consumer demand and increased competition – and has proposed a freeze on wages to address the issues.
Now that both the final text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and official trade statistics for 2015 have been released, we take another look at the likely impact of TPP's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam.
Two terrorist attacks in Bangladesh over the past week have left the country's key garment industry in turmoil, with buyers rethinking travel plans and potential economic fallout for a sector reliant on foreign investment. Observers say the sector must now join with the government in taking a lead on security and economic issues if it is to continue to thrive and attract customers.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis