Footwear: Latest news and analysis articles
Textile and apparel brands, manufacturers and retailers assembled in London this week to discuss the prospects for Britain's fashion industr...
"The outdoors is not just for the hardcore outdoorsman," declared NPD's chief industry analyst for sports and leisure trends, Marshal Cohen,...
Textile and apparel industry executives gathered in London last month to offer advice on some of the strategies they are employing how to he...
It's no wonder sporting goods giant Nike is feeling bullish about its long-term growth opportunities, after booking what has been described...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Tim Wheeler, president of Jockey's international division, Esquel Group's CEO John Cheh, and Joe Dixon, SVP of production at Brooks Brothers.
Luen Thai Holdings is Hong Kong's largest listed garment firm, with 34,000 employees, revenues of around US$1bn and a flagship business that produces over 80m garments a year - as well as footwear and bags - from production bases in China, the Philippines, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and Cambodia. In the first of two articles based on a conversation with just-style managing editor Leonie Barrie at the recent Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, CEO Henry Tan calls for industry-wide collaboration in a bid to increase efficiency and offset rising costs in the apparel supply chain.
The most-read stories on just-style last week included the possible sale of Adidas's Reebok brand, figures that suggest UK textile sector wages and productivity are the lowest of all the country's manufacturing industries, and reports that structural issues may have been to blame for the collapse of a Cambodian garment factory.
The latest evidence that unseasonably mild weather in the UK is having an adverse impact on retailers came today (23 October) as new figures showed a drop in clothing sales during September.
Sports giant Reebok has been penalised by an Australian court over its EasyTone shoe range, which it claimed boosts muscle tone of calves, thighs and buttocks more than traditional walking shoes would.
Performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand Under Armour has upped its full-year guidance as it revealed an increase in third-quarter earnings and sales.
US shoe maker Skechers USA saw its share price slide after recording third-quarter earnings that were hurt by foreign exchange losses and warehousing costs.
Private equity firm Palladin Consumer Retail Partners has acquired a majority stake in luxury men's footwear and accessories business Harrys of London in a move that is expected to launch the brand into its next growth phase.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
If evidence is needed as to the new direction likely to be pursued by US retail giant Gap Inc, look no further than the company's new leadership change. It was revealed last week that CEO Glenn Murphy is to step down in February, making way for Art Peck, the head of Gap's digital division.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre