Footwear: Latest news and analysis articles
A new fashion consumer with new values and new connectivity is redefining fashion - and the industry is responding with new business models...
Innovation in materials and performance in the outdoor apparel and footwear category is on the increase as enthusiasm for technology grows,...
Deep discounts, lower fuel prices and an improved employment market all helped to drive better-than-expected comparable store sales gains fo...
Sporting giant Nike has homed in on the "tremendous energy" in women's apparel and believes there is a significant opportunity for the compa...
Levi Strauss & Co is returning to its roots. The denim stalwart, which has been battling sluggish traffic trends, international challenges and a revolution in activewear, is looking to re-establish leadership in its sector. A touch of nostalgia, plenty of innovation, adjustments in sourcing strategy, and global expansion are all part of the plan. just-style talks with Seth Ellison, the group's president for Europe.
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Tim Wheeler, president of Jockey's international division, Esquel Group's CEO John Cheh, and Joe Dixon, SVP of production at Brooks Brothers.
UK retail sales remained robust in January, slightly exceeding expectations, with clothing chains booking the strongest rise since February 2013.
German fashion house Gerry Weber International has booked a mixed set of results for its full-year as flat sales failed to meet company expectations, but margins and earnings improved.
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has purchased boot maker Blondo’s intellectual property assets from Regence Footwear and 3074153 Canada.
Retail, apparel and footwear companies have welcomed the “continued commitment” of US Trade Representative Mike Froman to driving forward the country’s trade agenda.
The clothing and footwear industry thrives on new materials and is increasingly committed to reducing its social and environmental impacts - which should be good news for the uptake of innovative new products and processes. But that’s not always the case, as a series of workshops across three continents heard recently.
The apparel and footwear industry of the US has voiced its support for trade pledges made by President Obama in his recent State of the Union Address.
Talks aimed at setting a minimum wage for workers in Burma/Myanmar are now underway, after the original deadline of December was missed following calls for further research.
Anyone heading to ISPO Munich next month for what is arguably the world’s largest multi-segment sports exhibition, should also try to take in the World Sports Forum event on 'Entering and Exploring new Markets.'
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead