Footwear: Latest news and analysis articles
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and high-performance leather manufacturer Pittards Plc both say they are monitoring the situation in...
Upside surprises were provided in September by two of the US apparel retailers who still report their monthly sales thanks to an uptick in c...
As annual discussions get underway in Cambodia on a new minimum wage for garment workers, a new report warns significant further wage increa...
Shoes sold as Italian or German-made are being assembled in poor Eastern European countries by workers on "starvation wages", a new report c...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
In the first part of this two-part interview, Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus, discussed how easy access to capital and technology is shaking up the retail industry. Here he talks about its impact on apparel production.
Sportswear firm Reebok International has unveiled a new manufacturing innovation that it says could fundamentally change the process and speed of footwear creation by eliminating the need for moulds.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at why UK retailer Marks & Spencer is the top company for monitoring and reporting on modern slavery, how a potential minimum wage in Vietnam may be a hike too far, and why H&M's CEO has been named a leader for sustainability.
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has been awarded a contract that could be worth up to US$100m to produce hot weather combat boots for the US Military.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
US footwear retailer DSW Inc is revealing the technology behind its custom-fit shoes made in collaboration with US start-up Feetz, in a pop-up shop based at two of its locations.
Footwear retailer Shoe Carnival has named former Sports Authority executive Clint Pierce as its vice president and divisional merchandise manager for athletic footwear.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing Asian governments to sharpen their industrial policies to try to retain market share.
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a rise of 9.3% on the current minimum wage of US$140.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020