Footwear: Latest news and analysis articles
China looks set to remain the powerhouse of global footwear manufacturing and a key supplier to the US, despite Vietnam gaining ground, a ne...
The UK yesterday (23 June) voted in favour of ‘Brexit,’ a decision that means the country will leave the European Union (EU) – well, soon. M...
With the value of the UK clothing market set to soar over the next five years, and consumers taking more of an interest in the origin and qu...
Footwear is expected to be one of the clear winners when it comes to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement, with significant g...
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
In the first part of this two-part interview, Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus, discussed how easy access to capital and technology is shaking up the retail industry. Here he talks about its impact on apparel production.
Menswear is set to spearhead the GBP3.2bn (US$4.2bn) growth in the UK value clothing market over the next five years, analysts say.
German sportswear brand Puma has moved to a profit in its second-quarter on the back of double-digit sales growth driven by strong apparel revenues.
In the most recent second-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Skechers missed analyst estimates as it revealed earnings hit by one-off charges, while Under Armour grew its top line thanks to strong sales in its domestic and international businesses.
London-based apparel sourcing event Fashion SVP is set for further expansion, with organiser IDEX introducing a new footwear and accessories section due to demand from buyers.
After tightening their belts and trimming back-to-school spending in 2015, US families are set to spend more freely on school and college supplies this year as they embark on a "stock-up" cycle as opposed to "making do".
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the likely impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam, the opening of Ethiopia's flagship industrial park in Hawassa city, and confirmation that US department store group Sears Holdings Corp is to close its Manhattan apparel and design office.
Now that both the final text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and official trade statistics for 2015 have been released, we take another look at the likely impact of TPP's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam.
Two terrorist attacks in Bangladesh over the past week have left the country's key garment industry in turmoil, with buyers rethinking travel plans and potential economic fallout for a sector reliant on foreign investment. Observers say the sector must now join with the government in taking a lead on security and economic issues if it is to continue to thrive and attract customers.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis