Manufacturing: Latest news and analysis articles
Spanish retail giant Inditex, owner of the Zara brand, is the clear winner in the fast fashion space, analysts believe, with the competitive...
It is likely to be at least two years before the global apparel industry fully understands the implications of last month's vote by the UK t...
The fast fashion model, in all its guises, is ensuring some retailers thrive in spite of challenging market conditions. Here, Bob McKee, ind...
As the UK government prepares the ground for new post-Brexit free trade deals, Mike Flanagan will, over the coming months, be evaluating the...
With pressure mounting on the outdoor apparel industry to eliminate hazardous chemicals from products and production processes, The North Face is using tools developed by parent company VF Corp to help it work towards its goals. And for sustainability manager James Rogers, the key to reducing overall chemical use is to take a holistic view of the entire supply chain.
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how the competitive distance between Inditex and its fast-fashion peers is continuing to widen, the secrets of success of the fast fashion model, a proposed wage freeze on Vietnam's textile and apparel industry, and the implications of the Brexit vote on the global apparel industry.
A Bangladesh garment factory group has defended itself over union claims it had attempted to relocate workers, failed to make bonus payments and that one of its officers had "tortured" a pregnant worker.
US specialty fashion giant Gap Inc has signed up to the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) as part of its commitment to help improve cotton farming practices globally.
Apparel maker Gildan Activewear is building on its position in ladies’ wear with its just-announced $55m acquisition of Peds Legwear.
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has cut ties with another seven ready-made garment suppliers for failing to implement workplace safety measures – and admits that 97% of all factories used by its signatory companies are behind schedule on remediation.
Now that both the final text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and official trade statistics for 2015 have been released, we take another look at the likely impact of TPP's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam.
Two terrorist attacks in Bangladesh over the past week have left the country's key garment industry in turmoil, with buyers rethinking travel plans and potential economic fallout for a sector reliant on foreign investment. Observers say the sector must now join with the government in taking a lead on security and economic issues if it is to continue to thrive and attract customers.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020