Retail: Latest news and analysis articles
A new tool that could bring greater transparency to complex global apparel supply chains has been developed by UK start-up Provenance. Based...
US apparel giant VF Corp has confirmed its interest in Africa as a sourcing destination as it continues to create a "balanced portfolio" of...
A prediction this week that internet giant Amazon could take the top spot for US apparel retailing by 2017 is a gross exaggeration, accordin...
What sells when, and how to source ahead to make the most of it, is one of the biggest challenges facing fashion brands and retailers. But m...
"We're best when we're leading and pioneering," is Michael Kobori's take on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co's responsibility in ensuring it has an ethical supply chain. But it is competition, believes the company's VP of sustainability, more so than collaboration, that really raises the bar when it comes to sustainability.
Jason Denham has a relentless enthusiasm and passion for denim. He has been raising the bar on jeans innovation since he started out 20 years ago designing for Irish rock band U2, and his vision for growing his namesake brand includes using the most advanced washing techniques, high-end fabrics, and sustainable mills.
Italian apparel and footwear business Geox has moved to a profit in its first-half and offered a positive outlook for the remainder of the year.
Uniqlo owner Fast Retailing has highlighted the progress it has made with monitoring and improving working conditions at its textile supplier factories following a series of alleged violations earlier this year.
Canadian men’s wear retailer Grafton Fraser Inc has acquired all 35 Jones New York retail stores across Canada, and says it plans “significant growth” in the near future.
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are set to soar from $3.1bn in 2015 to $501.1bn worldwide by 2020, a new report suggests.
Hermès has pledged to take action against suppliers who do not respect animal welfare regulations after an investigation exposed violations at the French luxury group's tanneries.
US outdoor apparel and footwear specialist Columbia Sportswear has raised its full-year guidance, despite seeing its second-quarter loss widen.
We’re offering a range of daily deals on just-style research this week, with each day offering an opportunity to purchase two different reports at reduced rates.
A lot was written about Amazon on just-style last week, following a prediction that the internet giant could take the top spot for US apparel retailing by 2017. The retailer also posted a surprise second-quarter profit, giving it a valuation that is higher than Wal-Mart. The figures raise intriguing questions about Amazon’s possible impact on the clothing market.
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019