Retail: Latest news and analysis articles
In an unsurprising announcement this morning (23 October), troubled UK retail behemoth Tesco posted a 92% decline in first-half profits, wei...
Textile and apparel brands, manufacturers and retailers assembled in London on Tuesday (21 October) to discuss the prospects for Britain's f...
Online apparel retailer Asos this morning (21 October) booked a mixed set of full-year results as sales soared but profits fell due to a com...
Retailer Marks & Spencer is planning to extend a programme that allows it to survey workers in its clothing supplier factories on their mobi...
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
With a global vendor base of around 6,000 factories working with leading retailers and brands, sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. has an enviable view into worldwide sourcing shifts. In the second instalment of a two-part interview with just-style, company chairman and CEO William E. (Chip) Connor discusses opportunities, challenges and concerns.
UK department store retailer Debenhams saw its profits tumble in last fiscal due to the impact of sales on last year's warm winter weather and heavy discounting during its crucial Christmas period.
The latest evidence that unseasonably mild weather in the UK is having an adverse impact on retailers came today (23 October) as new figures showed a drop in clothing sales during September.
Sports giant Reebok has been penalised by an Australian court over its EasyTone shoe range, which it claimed boosts muscle tone of calves, thighs and buttocks more than traditional walking shoes would.
Performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand Under Armour has upped its full-year guidance as it revealed an increase in third-quarter earnings and sales.
US shoe maker Skechers USA saw its share price slide after recording third-quarter earnings that were hurt by foreign exchange losses and warehousing costs.
Private equity firm Palladin Consumer Retail Partners has acquired a majority stake in luxury men's footwear and accessories business Harrys of London in a move that is expected to launch the brand into its next growth phase.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
It seems former Men's Wearhouse CEO George Zimmer may be about to show his trump card following his fall-out with the apparel retailer, through the launch of a new company.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre