Retail: Latest news and analysis articles
Colombia's textiles and apparel industry is set to grow 7% to $9bn in 2014, buoyed by strong domestic sales. The forecast comes as sourcing...
Intense competition, pricing pressure and currency headwinds are still denting UK retailer's expectations of an economic recovery, taking pr...
Next this morning (29 July) saw its share price climb after it announced it was upping its full-year sales and earnings guidance....
With abundant growth opportunities in the pipeline at Under Armour, the performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand has said it aims...
With a global vendor base of around 6,000 factories working with leading retailers and brands, sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. has an enviable view into worldwide sourcing shifts. In the second instalment of a two-part interview with just-style, company chairman and CEO William E. (Chip) Connor discusses opportunities, challenges and concerns.
Transparency and integrity are two words that crop up repeatedly in conversation with William E. (Chip) Connor, chairman and CEO of Hong Kong based global sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Indeed, these have been cornerstones of the business since it was founded 65 years ago, and continue to underpin every aspect of an operation set up to act as its clients' alter-ego.
UK apparel retailer Matalan has made a contribution to the Rana Plaza Compensation Trust Fund but insists it has never been ordered by any organisation to pay compensation.
Adidas shares plunged this morning (31 July) after the German sporting giant cut its earnings forecast and announced plans to close stores in Russia and restructure its TaylorMade golf unit.
US retailer Target Corp has tapped PepsiCo executive Brian Cornell as its new chairman and CEO, with one analyst applauding the move as "a good choice".
Two manufacturing plants in the Brandix Apparel Solutions Lingerie Cluster in Sri Lanka have been awarded the Eco Factory Attributes accolade by retailer Marks & Spencer.
German fashion group Hugo Boss has posted a healthy rise in second quarter net profit, thanks to good sales growth in Europe and the Americas.
Two department directors for Tesco's F&F clothing division have stepped down from their roles.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety have both issued their first annual reports, providing an update on the work carried out on improving safety and working conditions in the country to date.
Indian apparel exporters are seeking a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government, including export subsidies to offset import duties imposed by the EU while talks continue towards an EU-India free trade agreement.
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report