Retail: Latest news and analysis articles
The fast fashion model, in all its guises, is ensuring some retailers thrive in spite of challenging market conditions. Here, Bob McKee, ind...
As the UK government prepares the ground for new post-Brexit free trade deals, Mike Flanagan will, over the coming months, be evaluating the...
While the fashion industry still grapples to find the best ways to leverage the business benefits of 3D design and virtual prototyping tools...
As well as offering new opportunities for apparel design and prototyping, 3D tools also have the potential to change the way retailers and b...
With a business model focused on offering the lowest prices on the high street, value fashion chain Primark is constantly questioned over its commitment to a range of ethical and environmental retail issues. Paul Lister, responsible for Primark’s ethical trading team, tells just-style "the strength of a brand's ethics is not about a price point" – and that close engagement with the supply chain is key.
While doomsayers have been waxing lyrically for the past two years about how the Chinese clothing industry could have a shaky future, John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esquel Group, the Hong Kong-based vertically integrated cotton to shirt maker, is resolute in his optimism.
US apparel giant VF Corporation, owner of the North Face, Lee and Timberland brands, has lowered its revenue guidance for the year amid a "challenging environment" in the second quarter.
After tightening their belts and trimming back-to-school spending in 2015, US families are set to spend more freely on school and college supplies this year as they embark on a "stock-up" cycle as opposed to "making do".
Less than a year after Donna Karan stepped down as chief designer at her founding company Donna Karan International (DKI), luxury goods group LVMH is said to be on the lookout for a buyer for both DKI and DKNY.
US private equity firm Versa Capital Management has launched a new US$400m holding company to continue the restructured and recapitalised operations of Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) and Bob’s Stores (Bob’s).
Department store retailer JC Penney Company has promoted its CEO Marvin R Ellison to chairman, succeeding Myron (Mike) Ullman III, who will be retiring in line with the company's transition plan outlined in 2014.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the likely impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam, the opening of Ethiopia's flagship industrial park in Hawassa city, and confirmation that US department store group Sears Holdings Corp is to close its Manhattan apparel and design office.
Two terrorist attacks in Bangladesh over the past week have left the country's key garment industry in turmoil, with buyers rethinking travel plans and potential economic fallout for a sector reliant on foreign investment. Observers say the sector must now join with the government in taking a lead on security and economic issues if it is to continue to thrive and attract customers.
Britain's historic vote in favour of leaving the European Union (EU) has left retailers and manufacturers mulling the consequences as the nation prepares for a long period of political and economic uncertainty.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis