Social & environmental: Latest news and analysis articles
Myanmar’s garment export industry as a whole is developing rapidly. But the battle for growth and added value is heavily weighted against th...
Are Bangladesh’s garment factory owners about to destroy their extraordinary apparel success story? On the face of it, the question sounds a...
Compliance in the global garment industry is fundamentally flawed, and has been from the beginning, according to industry expert David Birnb...
Following the completion of Archroma's acquisition of BASF's textile chemicals business earlier this month, the company has set its sights o...
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
"We're best when we're leading and pioneering," is Michael Kobori's take on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co's responsibility in ensuring it has an ethical supply chain. But it is competition, believes the company's VP of sustainability, more so than collaboration, that really raises the bar when it comes to sustainability.
A decision by the US to upgrade Uzbekistan in its annual report on human trafficking has been slammed by human rights groups.
Outdoor performance wear specialist Berghaus has introduced a new 'Made Kind' label to identify that its garments are kinder to the planet.
Eliminating risks is the main driver for supply chain sustainability both now and into 2016, according to new research.
US retail giant Wal-Mart has pledged to reduce greenhouse gases across its operations as part of a White House US business climate change commitment.
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) has joined forces with non-governmental organisation Sipar to provide a library resource centre at garment factories for workers.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
We’re offering a range of daily deals on just-style research this week, with each day offering an opportunity to purchase two different reports at reduced rates.
A lot was written about Amazon on just-style last week, following a prediction that the internet giant could take the top spot for US apparel retailing by 2017. The retailer also posted a surprise second-quarter profit, giving it a valuation that is higher than Wal-Mart. The figures raise intriguing questions about Amazon’s possible impact on the clothing market.
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020