Social & environmental: Latest news and analysis articles
As the world’s two largest fast fashion retailers, it’s no surprise that Inditex and H&M continue to outperform their peers with their marke...
Nothing less than industry-wide collaboration will work when it comes to creating living wages in the garment industry, unions say, as talks...
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear com...
While most allegations of factory worker abuses focus on Asia, an “alarming” number of health and safety violations are also occurring in Lo...
Patagonia's goal of building "the world’s most socially and environmentally responsible supply chain" has made the outdoor wear specialist something of a pioneer in its industry. Cara Chacon, the group's director of social & environmental responsibility, however, is quick to admit that despite its successes, the company is far from perfect.
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
F&F, the fashion brand of UK supermarket retailer Tesco Stores, has become the latest member of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) group, amid the formation of a new board of directors.
Keen to highlight its eco and ethical credentials – from products made in specifically accredited factories, to the use of sustainably sourced fabrics – retailer M&S has asked eco-campaigner Livia Firth to put together a capsule collection picked from its existing autumn clothing ranges.
Yarn maker Unifi is expanding the global availability of its Repreve recycled fibre with new distributors in Turkey and Taiwan to help shorten local lead times, and is adding additional performance benefits to the line.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the landmark TPP trade agreement – including doubts over when it will actually come into action – the shift in core business practices required to take advantage of potential growth in e-textiles and smart garments, and US apparel import trends in August.
Fabric supplier Olah Inc has joined the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) as part of its long-term goal to encourage the use of sustainably produced cotton throughout the global textile supply chain.
A new study adds to evidence that textiles are an important source of marine microplastics pollution, estimating that in Europe between 500 and 2,500 tonnes of synthetic fibres are shed each year.
The unexpected appointment of Old Navy president Stefan Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO of his namesake business later this year saw Ralph Lauren’s share price jump 13.6%, while Gap Inc’s declined 5.7%.
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear companies. But with growth being fuelled by the possible Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), companies eyeing the country as a sourcing destination should also be navigating potential risks.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry