Social & environmental: Latest news and analysis articles
A new tool that could bring greater transparency to complex global apparel supply chains has been developed by UK start-up Provenance. Based...
For the past three years, industrial action has been on the rise in all Asian garment exporting countries. It is a replay of similar events...
Myanmar’s garment export industry as a whole is developing rapidly. But the battle for growth and added value is heavily weighted against th...
Are Bangladesh’s garment factory owners about to destroy their extraordinary apparel success story? On the face of it, the question sounds a...
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
"We're best when we're leading and pioneering," is Michael Kobori's take on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co's responsibility in ensuring it has an ethical supply chain. But it is competition, believes the company's VP of sustainability, more so than collaboration, that really raises the bar when it comes to sustainability.
Apparel company L Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has instructed its supply chain to stop using PFCs in their products.
Uniqlo owner Fast Retailing has highlighted the progress it has made with monitoring and improving working conditions at its textile supplier factories following a series of alleged violations earlier this year.
Auditing key raw material suppliers was among the key achievements for Gildan Activewear in 2014, as part of the company's social compliance programme which aims to drive best practices in the apparel industry.
Textile chemicals specialist Archroma is gearing up for the introduction of what it claims will be a "pioneering system" that will mark a turnaround in the textile digital printing market.
Hermès has pledged to take action against suppliers who do not respect animal welfare regulations after an investigation exposed violations at the French luxury group's tanneries.
The entire denim supply chain – from yarns, fabrics, garments and accessories through to machinery – will be on show for the first time at the upcoming Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics fair.
We’re offering a range of daily deals on just-style research this week, with each day offering an opportunity to purchase two different reports at reduced rates.
A lot was written about Amazon on just-style last week, following a prediction that the internet giant could take the top spot for US apparel retailing by 2017. The retailer also posted a surprise second-quarter profit, giving it a valuation that is higher than Wal-Mart. The figures raise intriguing questions about Amazon’s possible impact on the clothing market.
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Latest TPP talks fail to clinch a deal
- COMMENT: Wearable tech – a passing fashion?
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Coats Group swings to substantial H1 loss
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019