Social & environmental: Latest news and analysis articles
When it comes to developing or adapting an apparel brand or retailer's production strategy, there are six key factors to consider, according...
As the world’s two largest fast fashion retailers, it’s no surprise that Inditex and H&M continue to outperform their peers with their marke...
Nothing less than industry-wide collaboration will work when it comes to creating living wages in the garment industry, unions say, as talks...
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear com...
Patagonia's goal of building "the world’s most socially and environmentally responsible supply chain" has made the outdoor wear specialist something of a pioneer in its industry. Cara Chacon, the group's director of social & environmental responsibility, however, is quick to admit that despite its successes, the company is far from perfect.
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
Value fashion retailer Primark has become the latest company to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), pledging to use the group’s sustainability measurement tool, the Higg Index, to drive improvements across its supply chain.
Dyes and chemicals business Huntsman Textile Effects is to invest a further US$5m into its Atotonilquillo manufacturing facility in Mexico to meet growing demand for polyester activewear.
Independent unions in Cambodia have expressed their dissatisfaction at the Government's new minimum wage for garment workers, and will meet today (12 October) to consider strike action.
F&F, the fashion brand of UK supermarket retailer Tesco Stores, has become the latest member of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) group, amid the formation of a new board of directors.
Keen to highlight its eco and ethical credentials – from products made in specifically accredited factories, to the use of sustainably sourced fabrics – retailer M&S has asked eco-campaigner Livia Firth to put together a capsule collection picked from its existing autumn clothing ranges.
Yarn maker Unifi is expanding the global availability of its Repreve recycled fibre with new distributors in Turkey and Taiwan to help shorten local lead times, and is adding additional performance benefits to the line.
The unexpected appointment of Old Navy president Stefan Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO of his namesake business later this year saw Ralph Lauren’s share price jump 13.6%, while Gap Inc’s declined 5.7%.
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear companies. But with growth being fuelled by the possible Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), companies eyeing the country as a sourcing destination should also be navigating potential risks.
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Comment: TPP winners and losers
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (MC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review