Sourcing, Technology, Social & environmental: Latest news and analysis articles
Spanish retail giant Inditex, owner of the Zara brand, is the clear winner in the fast fashion space, analysts believe, with the competitive...
China looks set to remain the powerhouse of global footwear manufacturing and a key supplier to the US, despite Vietnam gaining ground, a ne...
It is likely to be at least two years before the global apparel industry fully understands the implications of last month's vote by the UK t...
The fast fashion model, in all its guises, is ensuring some retailers thrive in spite of challenging market conditions. Here, Bob McKee, ind...
With pressure mounting on the outdoor apparel industry to eliminate hazardous chemicals from products and production processes, The North Face is using tools developed by parent company VF Corp to help it work towards its goals. And for sustainability manager James Rogers, the key to reducing overall chemical use is to take a holistic view of the entire supply chain.
Increasing requirements by apparel brands and retailers for specialist quality assurance, compliance and supply chain security services are fuelling the strong double-digit growth of Omega Compliance, a standalone subsidiary of sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, the company tells just-style why its momentum on responsible sourcing shows no sign of slowing down.
Nearly a year after deciding to re-build its wool programme after an investigation exposed "extreme cruelty" at one of its main suppliers, US outdoor brand Patagonia has developed its own wool standard.
A Bangladesh garment factory group has defended itself over union claims it had attempted to relocate workers, failed to make bonus payments and that one of its officers had "tortured" a pregnant worker.
US specialty fashion giant Gap Inc has signed up to the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) as part of its commitment to help improve cotton farming practices globally.
DuPont's renewably sourced Sorona fibre, which is made from ingredients such as corn, has received Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification for the fifth year in a row.
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has cut ties with another seven ready-made garment suppliers for failing to implement workplace safety measures – and admits that 97% of all factories used by its signatory companies are behind schedule on remediation.
Mexico has ratified the World Trade Organization's (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), making it the second country this month to do so and a further signal of support for the landmark global deal.
Now that both the final text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and official trade statistics for 2015 have been released, we take another look at the likely impact of TPP's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam.
Two terrorist attacks in Bangladesh over the past week have left the country's key garment industry in turmoil, with buyers rethinking travel plans and potential economic fallout for a sector reliant on foreign investment. Observers say the sector must now join with the government in taking a lead on security and economic issues if it is to continue to thrive and attract customers.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020