Sourcing, Technology, Social & environmental: Latest news and analysis articles
With World Water Week kicking off in Stockholm this Sunday (31 August), the need for better use of increasingly limited water resources will...
Decisions on where to focus supply chains involve a complicated mix of wages, productivity, energy costs, currency values and other factors...
Following its spin-off from Li & Fung last month, fashion apparel, footwear and accessories business Global Brands Group has outlined the fi...
Li & Fung has outlined a number of new frontiers the global sourcing giant is looking to explore as it works through its three-year roadmap,...
Hot on the heels of expanding its Dockers brand license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co for the third time in four months, Hampshire Group CEO Paul Buxbaum is optimistic the company turnaround is starting to take hold. Here he talks to just-style about new opportunities and on-going efforts to leverage the firm's supply chain.
With a global vendor base of around 6,000 factories working with leading retailers and brands, sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. has an enviable view into worldwide sourcing shifts. In the second instalment of a two-part interview with just-style, company chairman and CEO William E. (Chip) Connor discusses opportunities, challenges and concerns.
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a global database of the top 1,000 apparel knitting mills, a look at jeans in Colombia, and a country report on Turkey.
Sporting goods giant Adidas Group is planning to set targets for its suppliers to switch to using only Bluesign approved chemicals in its supply chain.
The US and Myanmar are joining forces to develop an initiative designed to promote fundamental labour rights and practices in Myanmar.
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) and Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) of China have inked a garment textiles MoU to promote and help businesses to exchange technologies and enter joint ventures.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the shifts in manufacturing costs that are driving companies to re-think their global production strategies, a closer look at Li & Fung's three-year strategy, and the continued unrest in Cambodia's garment industry.
Scientists in Sweden have developed what they claim is the world's first garment made entirely from recycled cotton - describing it as a "breakthrough" for the textile industry.
If Cambodia's US$5.5bn garment industry is not yet at a crossroads, it is approaching one, according to participants at an industry trade show held in Phnom Penh. Many industry suppliers believe that while Cambodia remains a growing market for their textile and garment products, there are challenges ahead, from rising labour costs to increased competition from neighbouring countries.
Retail shares have been among the biggest fallers in the last two weeks as financial markets react to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposition of sanctions on Russia.
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Bangladesh workers in constructive employer talks
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Joint programme to promote compliance in Pakistan
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details