Technology: Latest news and analysis articles
As well as the business benefits of adopting radio frequency identification (RFID), there's wide scope to apply it across various parts of t...
Automation and robotics were among the key trends on show at last week's Texprocess Americas exhibition. These industry-changing technologie...
Implementing new technology and software solutions is the key to improving quality, compliance and oversight throughout the supply network....
A lack of collaboration between the textile and electronic industries continues to be one of the main obstacles to progress in smart garment...
While doomsayers have been waxing lyrically for the past two years about how the Chinese clothing industry could have a shaky future, John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esquel Group, the Hong Kong-based vertically integrated cotton to shirt maker, is resolute in his optimism.
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
Fashion software provider Visual 2000 International has released several new payment gateway integrations to their suite of omni-channel business software.
A year-long partnership between Levi Strauss and Google has led to the launch of what the companies claim is the world's first garment to feature Project Jacquard smart technology.
French workwear brand Mulliez-Flory has selected PLM to manage its entire value chain, from creation to delivery.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media.
DuPont is set to launch new and improved DuPont Artisti inks through its Advanced Printing business that will deliver brighter colours, shorter production cycles and higher production throughput for direct-to-garment (DTG) and roll-to-roll (RTR) printing.
Fibre producer Invista joined forces with Turkish denim specialist Calik Denim last week to challenge industry standards at Denim Premiere Vision in Barcelona.
Innovation was the hot topic last week as a raft of apparel and textile companies revealed new fabrics, fibres and technologies designed to shake-up the industry.
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale has finally filed for bankruptcy protection, joining the ranks of American Apparel, Quiksilver, Pacific Sunwear and Sports Authority as the latest in a series of high-profile retail collapses.
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals