Technology: Latest news and analysis articles
While the fashion industry still grapples to find the best ways to leverage the business benefits of 3D design and virtual prototyping tools...
As well as offering new opportunities for apparel design and prototyping, 3D tools also have the potential to change the way retailers and b...
For the uninitiated, 3D design and prototyping software is hailed as a disruptive technology with the potential to boost efficiency and prod...
An overhaul of its supply chain is at the heart of restructuring plans revealed this week by Ralph Lauren's newly-appointed CEO Stefan Larss...
While doomsayers have been waxing lyrically for the past two years about how the Chinese clothing industry could have a shaky future, John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esquel Group, the Hong Kong-based vertically integrated cotton to shirt maker, is resolute in his optimism.
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
Online retail giant Amazon has been granted permission by the UK Government to explore the possibility of delivery by drone.
Italian luxury lingerie company La Perla has selected Centric Software's PLM solution in a bid to bring its products to market faster, strengthen its position in the industry and drive growth and profitability.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the likely impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam, the opening of Ethiopia's flagship industrial park in Hawassa city, and confirmation that US department store group Sears Holdings Corp is to close its Manhattan apparel and design office.
Outdoor performance wear specialist Berghaus has scooped its tenth international award in four years for its latest product innovation, a lightweight waterproof jacket in a three layer fabric, weighing less than 100g.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media.
Heritage apparel brand Royal Robbins has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution as part of the company's upgrade of its design, production and retail processes.
Now that both the final text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and official trade statistics for 2015 have been released, we take another look at the likely impact of TPP's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam.
Two terrorist attacks in Bangladesh over the past week have left the country's key garment industry in turmoil, with buyers rethinking travel plans and potential economic fallout for a sector reliant on foreign investment. Observers say the sector must now join with the government in taking a lead on security and economic issues if it is to continue to thrive and attract customers.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis