Technology: Latest news and analysis articles
It is easy to underestimate the complexity of sustainability in the apparel supply chain. But while there are no simple solutions, industry...
A new tool that could bring greater transparency to complex global apparel supply chains has been developed by UK start-up Provenance. Based...
Fabrics, and the processes of joining them together, continue to evolve. One of the key factors that can deliver successful seam sealing and...
Bob McKee, industry strategy director, fashion, at Infor looks at why legacy systems are holding back manufacturers in the fast-paced fashio...
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
The US International Trade Commission has narrowed the scope of its ongoing patent infringement investigation of certain laser abraded denim garments by removing five respondents.
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has launched a new company aimed at advancing digital innovation as part of a joint-venture project with global management consultants Accenture Japan Ltd.
Visual 2000 International has expanded its End2End apparel software suite to include employee time tracking and real time shop floor monitoring - with the new functionality added via a strategic partnership with Georgia based technology firm Shopfloor Support.
Despite living in the ‘golden age of data,’ with retailers having access to unprecedented levels of information on shopping behaviour and trends, their planning and prediction efforts are still failing to meet consumer demand, a new survey suggests. And the problem seems to be most acute in fashion and footwear.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the potential impact of China's currency devaluation on garment imports and exports, whether Vietnam has the skills and capacity to cope with its impending trade deals, and an interview with Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of GT Nexus on apparel industry disruptors.
Gerber Technology has established a technical assistance and training programme in Mauritius, aimed at boosting the uptake of its software solutions for apparel pattern making.
After the latest round of TPP talks failed to clinch a deal, the race is now on to secure an agreement before the US presidential elections halt progress. Trade ministers are scrambling to try and forge a final Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement within two months, after a meeting of trade ministers in Hawaii failed to clinch a deal last week.
As part of UK government efforts to lead the global fight against slavery, new legislation will require retailers to publish an annual statement outlining the steps they have taken to ensure slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in their businesses or supply chains.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020