Technology: Latest news and analysis articles
Disruption was the central theme at this year's World Retail Congress in Paris, covering everything from the innovation of new businesses to...
Long touted as "the next big thing", wearable technology has until now been held back by concerns ranging from cost to style, comfort and pr...
3D body scanners were first used to generate detailed size and shape data back in the late 1990s, and have since had a key role to play in h...
While global wool production for the 2014/2015 year is forecast to be at its lowest level for 70 years, its prospects for future growth are...
Founded in 1923, North Carolina-based Burlington Industries has spent the last 90 years transforming itself into the world's largest textile manufacturer. Here, president Jeff Peck talks to Michelle Russell about the secrets to the company's success, the ongoing challenges facing the textile industry, and what the future is likely to hold.
Waterless dyeing took a step forward in December when Nike revealed plans to launch sportswear made from fabric dyed using a process that eliminates water and cuts down on chemicals. The technology is not new though. The Yeh Group first launched a range of DryDye fabrics three years ago using high-tech equipment from DyeCoo Textile Systems. Michelle Russell asks Brad Poorman, chief marketing sales officer for DyeDry, some burning questions about the new technology.
Handbag designer Anya Hindmarch has selected Centric Software's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, to support its growth ambitions.
Gerber Technology has named Karsten Newbury as vice president and general manager of its Software Solutions, in a move the company says strengthens its focus on providing integrated tools for the fashion industry.
Virtual fitting room company Metail has raised a further US$12m in funding led by Hong Kong based TAL Apparel, one of the world's leading garment suppliers.
US-based product identification manufacturer Checkpoint Systems has enhanced the capabilities of its Check-net print shops, allowing for quicker printing, encoding and testing of RFID labels.
Design, fashion and licensing business Blank Generation has become the first US customer for South African product lifecycle management (PLM) software firm iSyncSolutions.
Software provider Infor has unveiled Infor CloudSuite Fashion, aimed at offering fashion customers “mission critical” applications in the cloud environment.
If evidence is needed as to the new direction likely to be pursued by US retail giant Gap Inc, look no further than the company's new leadership change. It was revealed last week that CEO Glenn Murphy is to step down in February, making way for Art Peck, the head of Gap's digital division.
We've just launched our first readership survey in two years - and want to know what you think about just-style, and the challenges you're facing at the moment.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam