Technology: Latest news and analysis articles
3D-printing has already transformed the manufacturing process in many industries, but an assessment of the technology by analysts at Bernste...
While the fashion industry still grapples to find the best ways to leverage the business benefits of 3D design and virtual prototyping tools...
As well as offering new opportunities for apparel design and prototyping, 3D tools also have the potential to change the way retailers and b...
For the uninitiated, 3D design and prototyping software is hailed as a disruptive technology with the potential to boost efficiency and prod...
While doomsayers have been waxing lyrically for the past two years about how the Chinese clothing industry could have a shaky future, John Cheh, vice chairman and CEO of Esquel Group, the Hong Kong-based vertically integrated cotton to shirt maker, is resolute in his optimism.
Easy access to cheap capital, infinite computing power, and “the Uberfication of everything” are converging to create a perfect storm of disruption that's already starting to shake up the apparel retail industry, according to Kurt Cavano, founder and chief strategy officer of cloud-based supply chain platform GT Nexus.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include H&M taking action over a Myanmar child labour breach, supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC, just-style's interview with the CEO of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and the ongoing challenge of cotton supply chain transparency.
US-based e-commerce analytics company RetailNext is set to continue its expansion into the Asia-Pacific region after securing investment from Singapore-based EDBI, the corporate investment arm of the Singapore Economic Development Board.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media.
PTC has unveiled its first role-based app which it claims will further enhance its product lifecycle management (PLM) software by providing vendors with quick access to product data, improving collaboration with suppliers.
Supply chain optimisation firm Logility has acquired long-term partner AdapChain in a move designed to accelerate the deployment of its solutions and develop more innovative supply chain capabilities.
As Great Britain's Olympic medallists touched down on home soil today (23 August), Simon Jersey, the British designer of the team's kit, is hoping for a legacy of its own from the games thanks to the interest in the athletes' flashing shoes.
Mike Flanagan, CEO at industry consultancy Clothesource, spent the first six months of 2016 campaigning to stay in the EU. Not once, he says, did he hear his opponents - or anyone in Britain's new, Brexit-friendly government - say they wanted to reject global integration or repudiate over 30 years of globalisation.
Apparel imports into the US took a tumble in June, even though more than half of the top-ten supplier countries booked growth.
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras