Technology: Latest news and analysis articles
Just as it seemed things couldn’t get any worse for American Apparel, reports emerged earlier this month that the struggling retailer has be...
Retail's 'Big Show', the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention & Expo, which took place in New York this week, is an annual opportu...
The growth of e-commerce and m-commerce is on the rise but retailers still need to do more to better meet consumer expectations online, acco...
3D CAD and Product Lifecycle Management are two technologies revolutionising the clothing industry. And vendors of these systems are among l...
Levi Strauss & Co is returning to its roots. The denim stalwart, which has been battling sluggish traffic trends, international challenges and a revolution in activewear, is looking to re-establish leadership in its sector. A touch of nostalgia, plenty of innovation, adjustments in sourcing strategy, and global expansion are all part of the plan. just-style talks with Seth Ellison, the group's president for Europe.
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is on something of a mission: To become the world's most sustainable retailer through its ambitious Plan A environmental and ethical programme. The person in charge of implementing this globally is Adam Elman, head of Plan A delivery, who discusses the initiative's challenging targets and the need for wider industry collaboration.
UK apparel retailer River Island is hoping to tap into further innovation in technology for its business through a partnership with retail and fashion accelerator TrueStart.
Materials science business PrimaLoft is to develop a line of performance knit textiles as part of a partnership with Mitsui Bussan Techno Products.
Military footwear supplier Dan Post Boots has replaced its existing software package with CGS’s Bluecherry Enterprise Suite.
Royal Blue brand owner and private label producer BM Merchandising Co (BM Group) is implementing Simparel's cloud-based enterprise solution to support its growth and streamline operations.
US apparel and footwear retailer Genesco is to deploy DiCentral's EDI solution to help streamline its supply chain management processes and provide better exchanges of data with suppliers.
Tullahoma Industries has implemented a suite of shop floor control and payroll solutions to help improve accuracy, streamline processes and increase visibility across its four production facilities.
Talks aimed at setting a minimum wage for workers in Burma/Myanmar are now underway, after the original deadline of December was missed following calls for further research.
One of the most popular reports published on just-style each year is our annual briefing on apparel industry issues to watch in the year ahead. And for 2015 we have again asked leading executives for their feedback on the challenges and opportunities likely to emerge.
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead