Technology: Latest news and analysis articles
It's one thing to invest in a product lifecycle management (PLM) system - but another altogether to get the most value out of the solution....
Burma, officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia bordered by Laos, Thailand, China, Bangladesh...
Denim jeans are a wardrobe staple for most consumers, due to their ability to offer comfort and a long lifespan compared to other items of c...
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has described its efforts to ensure workers in the factories it sources from are paid a fair living wage is an "...
Founded in 1923, North Carolina-based Burlington Industries has spent the last 90 years transforming itself into the world's largest textile manufacturer. Here, president Jeff Peck talks to Michelle Russell about the secrets to the company's success, the ongoing challenges facing the textile industry, and what the future is likely to hold.
Waterless dyeing took a step forward in December when Nike revealed plans to launch sportswear made from fabric dyed using a process that eliminates water and cuts down on chemicals. The technology is not new though. The Yeh Group first launched a range of DryDye fabrics three years ago using high-tech equipment from DyeCoo Textile Systems. Michelle Russell asks Brad Poorman, chief marketing sales officer for DyeDry, some burning questions about the new technology.
The latest reports from just-style's research store include an overview of clothing retailing in the UK, a look at insect repellent apparel, and a country report on Myanmar.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how clothing is likely to remain a focus for Tesco despite its upcoming CEO change, a snapshot of Myanmar's textile and apparel industry, and the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety annual report, which reveals that progress is far from over a year on from its inception.
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has poached Tesco's chief information officer for online, Carl Dawson, as its IT director.
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a look at global trends in fibre prices, production and consumption, product developments and innovations in textile and apparel, and the smart wearable technology market.
PTC is to acquire privately-held Axeda Corp for US$170m in a move that will help the software solution provider expand its Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio.
Brazilian fashion brand Kaue Plus Size has deployed WFX's integrated product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to enable more visibility across its business.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety have both issued their first annual reports, providing an update on the work carried out on improving safety and working conditions in the country to date.
Cambodia's Labor Advisory Committee (LAC), a government-led tripartite group, last week agreed the next minimum wage adjustment for garment workers, which will take effect on 1 January 2015.
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges