Blog: 40 and fabulous
Leonie Barrie | 23 October 2006
Trendy women in their forties once risked being called mutton dressed as lamb. In a sign of changing times though, today they’re sought-after consumers who are helping to fuel record sales of designer clothes. Research suggests that spending on fashion in Britain will top GBP1bn for the first time this year – boosted by well-off women in their forties and fifties whose fingers are firmly on the fashion pulse.
As someone who (just) slips into this age bracket I can firmly agree with this sentiment. I’ve grown up through so many different fashion trends, and have had so much fun trying out different looks along the way, that I’m not going to reach for the elastic-waisted trousers and loose baggy tops just because I’ve hit the big 4-0. Hell no. As they say, life’s just beginning…
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022