Blog: 40 and fabulous
Leonie Barrie | 23 October 2006
Trendy women in their forties once risked being called mutton dressed as lamb. In a sign of changing times though, today they’re sought-after consumers who are helping to fuel record sales of designer clothes. Research suggests that spending on fashion in Britain will top GBP1bn for the first time this year – boosted by well-off women in their forties and fifties whose fingers are firmly on the fashion pulse.
As someone who (just) slips into this age bracket I can firmly agree with this sentiment. I’ve grown up through so many different fashion trends, and have had so much fun trying out different looks along the way, that I’m not going to reach for the elastic-waisted trousers and loose baggy tops just because I’ve hit the big 4-0. Hell no. As they say, life’s just beginning…
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts