Blog: 40 and fabulous
Leonie Barrie | 23 October 2006
Trendy women in their forties once risked being called mutton dressed as lamb. In a sign of changing times though, today they’re sought-after consumers who are helping to fuel record sales of designer clothes. Research suggests that spending on fashion in Britain will top GBP1bn for the first time this year – boosted by well-off women in their forties and fifties whose fingers are firmly on the fashion pulse.
As someone who (just) slips into this age bracket I can firmly agree with this sentiment. I’ve grown up through so many different fashion trends, and have had so much fun trying out different looks along the way, that I’m not going to reach for the elastic-waisted trousers and loose baggy tops just because I’ve hit the big 4-0. Hell no. As they say, life’s just beginning…
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022