Blog: 40 and fabulous
Leonie Barrie | 23 October 2006
Trendy women in their forties once risked being called mutton dressed as lamb. In a sign of changing times though, today they’re sought-after consumers who are helping to fuel record sales of designer clothes. Research suggests that spending on fashion in Britain will top GBP1bn for the first time this year – boosted by well-off women in their forties and fifties whose fingers are firmly on the fashion pulse.
As someone who (just) slips into this age bracket I can firmly agree with this sentiment. I’ve grown up through so many different fashion trends, and have had so much fun trying out different looks along the way, that I’m not going to reach for the elastic-waisted trousers and loose baggy tops just because I’ve hit the big 4-0. Hell no. As they say, life’s just beginning…
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack