Blog: 40 and fabulous
Leonie Barrie | 23 October 2006
Trendy women in their forties once risked being called mutton dressed as lamb. In a sign of changing times though, today they’re sought-after consumers who are helping to fuel record sales of designer clothes. Research suggests that spending on fashion in Britain will top GBP1bn for the first time this year – boosted by well-off women in their forties and fifties whose fingers are firmly on the fashion pulse.
As someone who (just) slips into this age bracket I can firmly agree with this sentiment. I’ve grown up through so many different fashion trends, and have had so much fun trying out different looks along the way, that I’m not going to reach for the elastic-waisted trousers and loose baggy tops just because I’ve hit the big 4-0. Hell no. As they say, life’s just beginning…
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022