Blog: A Burberry for Bush
Leonie Barrie | 24 July 2006
Well, well…we finally have the answer to the question that’s had us on tenterhooks for the past few days – or at least since the ‘off-the-record’ exchange between George Bush and Tony Blair. What exactly did the British Prime Minister give the US President for his birthday? None other than a GBP90 Burberry sweater according to newspaper reports at the weekend – one of the cheapest designs in the new Burberry London collection.
During a private conversation accidentally broadcast at last week’s G8 summit, the President was heard to say: “Thanks for the sweater – it’s awfully thoughtful of you,” before joking: “I know you picked it out yourself.” An embarrassed Mr Blair replied: “Absolutely – in fact, I knitted it!”
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar