Blog: A Burberry for Bush
Leonie Barrie | 24 July 2006
Well, well…we finally have the answer to the question that’s had us on tenterhooks for the past few days – or at least since the ‘off-the-record’ exchange between George Bush and Tony Blair. What exactly did the British Prime Minister give the US President for his birthday? None other than a GBP90 Burberry sweater according to newspaper reports at the weekend – one of the cheapest designs in the new Burberry London collection.
During a private conversation accidentally broadcast at last week’s G8 summit, the President was heard to say: “Thanks for the sweater – it’s awfully thoughtful of you,” before joking: “I know you picked it out yourself.” An embarrassed Mr Blair replied: “Absolutely – in fact, I knitted it!”
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022