Blog: A fairytale collaboration
Leonie Barrie | 30 September 2010
Every bride wants to stand out from the crowd on her wedding day...and dressing up as a Disney Princess character is certainly one way of achieving that dream. Inspired by characters like Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White, designer Alfred Angelo and Disney are launching a new collection of bridal gowns "for women who grew up dreaming of a fairy tale wedding."
It's easy to imagine the dresses as a cartoon-colourful pastiche of the characters, which also include Ariel, Belle, Jasmine and Tiana, but as the video below shows, the collection is surprisingly restrained. The range, which includes classic, grand ball gowns in layers of tulle and sparkle net, updated fit and flare styles, and pleated and wrapped bodices, will be priced from $599 to $1,199.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020