Blog: A Gap in the market
Leonie Barrie | 15 September 2004
There’s been speculation for some time that Gap Inc was looking at possibilities for growth after a three-year break from international expansion. Now we know that the US’s biggest speciality retailer has moved beyond the drawing board and is planning to test a fourth chain in the US next year.
Finding a brand concept with the potential to seize a large share of the market is an almost impossible challenge in today’s retail market, but Gap is confident that the nearly 40 million US women over 35 are not served well by existing formats. If it can tap into this age group then it should be on to a winner. After all, today’s 35-and-overs are fashion conscious with a budget to match; they’re confident with their careers, relationships and family – but don’t want to dress like teenagers or their mums. I should know; I’m one of them!
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack