Blog: A look at luxury
Leonie Barrie | 6 September 2006
How long is the luxury trend likely to be hot? What can luxury designers do to better capitalise on the trend and make the trend last longer? How is luxury apparel best merchandised? How can luxury designers create better market share? And what opportunities still exist in this market? These are just a few of the questions tackled in a new report from just-style that reviews the global market for luxury apparel and puts forward forecasts for the sector to 2012.
The report concludes that the luxury market is back and growing stronger than ever. This bright future includes growth of roughly 10-15% annually - compared to mass retail growth of around 5% - which will make the sector worth a staggering US$2.4 trillion by 2012.
Helping this growth will be a 7% rise in the number of global millionaires, greater disposable incomes, and a still-growing “baby-boomer” population. Even those not in the ultra-rich circles will try to have one or two signature high-end pieces in their wardrobes. All-in-all the report makes for unmissable reading. Click on the link below to get hold of a copy.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts