Blog: A pop of purple sets the mood for 2014
Leonie Barrie | 2 January 2014
Pantone's colour of the year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid
Surely one of the best reasons to cut short the holiday break and rush back to your desk at the beginning of January is to see what Pantone is unveiling as its colour of the year.
Well the wait is over - and in case you're wondering, for 2014 we can look forward to 'Radiant Orchid', a "captivating, magical, enigmatic purple."
According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, it's "an invitation to innovation," and if that's not enough, "encourages expanded creativity and originality."
She continues: "An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm."
For fashion, the shade's rosy undertones "radiate on the skin, producing a healthy glow when worn by both men and women." And it is already appearing in spring collections from Jackie Fraser-Swan, Juicy Couture and Yoana Baraschi.
Pantone has been naming a colour of the year since 2000. Radiant orchid follows emerald in 2013, tangerine tango in 2012, honeysuckle in 2011, and turquoise in 2010.
Happy New Year!
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar