Blog: A pop of purple sets the mood for 2014
Leonie Barrie | 2 January 2014
Pantone's colour of the year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid
Surely one of the best reasons to cut short the holiday break and rush back to your desk at the beginning of January is to see what Pantone is unveiling as its colour of the year.
Well the wait is over - and in case you're wondering, for 2014 we can look forward to 'Radiant Orchid', a "captivating, magical, enigmatic purple."
According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, it's "an invitation to innovation," and if that's not enough, "encourages expanded creativity and originality."
She continues: "An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm."
For fashion, the shade's rosy undertones "radiate on the skin, producing a healthy glow when worn by both men and women." And it is already appearing in spring collections from Jackie Fraser-Swan, Juicy Couture and Yoana Baraschi.
Pantone has been naming a colour of the year since 2000. Radiant orchid follows emerald in 2013, tangerine tango in 2012, honeysuckle in 2011, and turquoise in 2010.
Happy New Year!
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020