Blog: A pop of purple sets the mood for 2014
Leonie Barrie | 2 January 2014
Pantone's colour of the year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid
Surely one of the best reasons to cut short the holiday break and rush back to your desk at the beginning of January is to see what Pantone is unveiling as its colour of the year.
Well the wait is over - and in case you're wondering, for 2014 we can look forward to 'Radiant Orchid', a "captivating, magical, enigmatic purple."
According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, it's "an invitation to innovation," and if that's not enough, "encourages expanded creativity and originality."
She continues: "An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm."
For fashion, the shade's rosy undertones "radiate on the skin, producing a healthy glow when worn by both men and women." And it is already appearing in spring collections from Jackie Fraser-Swan, Juicy Couture and Yoana Baraschi.
Pantone has been naming a colour of the year since 2000. Radiant orchid follows emerald in 2013, tangerine tango in 2012, honeysuckle in 2011, and turquoise in 2010.
Happy New Year!
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report