Blog: A RITE good conference
Joe Ayling | 6 October 2010
I am travelling into London this morning for the annual RITE Group conference in Westminster.
RITE, which stands for Reducing the Impact of Textiles on the Environment, has done a sterling job in raising the green agenda for a number of years now.
Speakers from Marks and Spencer, DuPont, Huntsman and Defra will take to the stage for this year's event, called 'Shaping Tomorrow's Industry'.
It also marks the first year of RITE's tie-up with the Ethical Fashion Forum, creating two seperate streams.
Making a distinction between environmental sustainability and ethical fashion can only help to steer discussions in a focused way.
News and insights from today's sessions will follow on just-style, and it will be a pleasure to meet up with any readers at today's conference.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack