Blog: A RITE good conference
Joe Ayling | 6 October 2010
I am travelling into London this morning for the annual RITE Group conference in Westminster.
RITE, which stands for Reducing the Impact of Textiles on the Environment, has done a sterling job in raising the green agenda for a number of years now.
Speakers from Marks and Spencer, DuPont, Huntsman and Defra will take to the stage for this year's event, called 'Shaping Tomorrow's Industry'.
It also marks the first year of RITE's tie-up with the Ethical Fashion Forum, creating two seperate streams.
Making a distinction between environmental sustainability and ethical fashion can only help to steer discussions in a focused way.
News and insights from today's sessions will follow on just-style, and it will be a pleasure to meet up with any readers at today's conference.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022