Blog: A uniform approach?
Leonie Barrie | 12 November 2004
I enjoyed this snippet from one of our contributors, Michael Fitzpatrick, who’s currently in Japan.
“A peak at contemporary Japan would reveal an unnerving adoration of the uniform – Germanic 1900s school wear for children, peaked caps for taxi drivers – but one man was discovered recently to have taken this fancy perhaps too far. After unemployed 39-year-old Kenji Hishida was nabbed for stealing a railway worker’s trousers when he broke into the rail company’s dormitory, police raided his home to find a huge stash of over 10,000 stolen uniforms in his tiny flat. Police said he had spent the past 15 years travelling around Japan picking up uniforms from places such as private railway companies and airlines. His free time was spent admiring himself in the mirror in the different garbs. Police needed a two-ton truck just to carry all the booty seized as evidence from Hishida's home."
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016