Blog: Adidas and H&M gain sustainable rankings
Katie Smith | 27 January 2014
Fashion and sportswear firms H&M and Adidas have made it onto a list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
Adidas Group was ranked eighth on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list, unveiled last week at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Companies are scored on a list of 12 quantitative performance indicators, ranging from energy and water usage, to employee compensation and corporate tax strategy.
Over the last ten years, Adidas has improved its placement in the ranking - up from 17 last year and 38 in 2012.
Meanwhile, Swedish clothing retailer H&M came in at 64, up from 73 in 2013.
Top stories this week on just-style include a closer look at what's at stake with Trump's promises to tear up US trade agreements thanks to a special infographic powered by re:source from just-style, ...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022